Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

• 20-03-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any of the usual stores have these in stock yet ? I see sweatshop has them available for pre-order with stock expected in on 30th March.

Was hoping to pick one up in the states earlier in the month, but no go there either :(. I also have a corporate 20% discount on garmin.com, but it's only for the USA and their lead time was 5-8 weeks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Not available for a couple of weeks when I checked with Garmin at the start of the week.

Also worth noting that Garmin prices in Ireland have jumped a ridiculous amount lately eg 920xt is now €589 incl HR (sterling issue) but are due to be brought in line with EU shortly. Not sure when or how or what way they are doing but this is what has been indicated to me. As a reseller I would likely hold off on Fenix 3 until this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

AKW wrote: »
    Not available for a couple of weeks when I checked with Garmin at the start of the week.

Also worth noting that Garmin prices in Ireland have jumped a ridiculous amount lately eg 920xt is now €589 incl HR (sterling issue) but are due to be brought in line with EU shortly. Not sure when or how or what way they are doing but this is what has been indicated to me. As a reseller I would likely hold off on Fenix 3 until this happens.

I got one off Cotswolds for 499 eur including HRM. Ordered it at the end Feb and arrived about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

TheBazman wrote: »
    I got one off Cotswolds for 499 eur including HRM. Ordered it at the end Feb and arrived about a week ago.

Its now three weeks later and a week after the price increases.........

tunney wrote: »
    Its now three weeks later and a week after the price increases.........

Not disputing that. It seemed like the Op was also asking about locations to buy. I was only giving my experience.

TheBazman wrote: »

Good to know.

The 920 was released in the UK on an exclusive deal to one stockist for a period, I wonder did something similar happen here? I see they are showing delivery 25th - 27th March so possibly a pre-release issue exclusive to them.

@TheBazman have you actually received a Fenix 3 already??
    COMING SOON You can now pre-order this item from us. For orders placed from 18 March 2015 we currently expect to be able to deliver it to you by mid to late April but please note that this estimate could change.

• Advertisement

Good to know.

The 920 was released in the UK on an exclusive deal to one stockist for a period, I wonder did something similar happen here? I see they are showing delivery 25th - 27th March so possibly a pre-release issue exclusive to them.

@TheBazman have you actually received a Fenix 3 already??

Yes have it already. When I ordered it said on the website that they expected to be sending them out in late March, however it actually arrived about a week ago.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I got mine a few weeks back via Cotswold also, with a 20% discount code, good service from them also. Working very well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Is Cotswold a US site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

PaulieC wrote: »
    Is Cotswold a US site ?
    The clue is in the name. ;)

Think I'll hold out to the next US trip.

He he, I assumed that would be the case, but a search brought me to a site that was charging in $. I can see the uk site on my phone alright.

Any discount codes for those guys ?

• Advertisement

The clue is in the name. ;)

Think I'll hold out to the next US trip.

The way the dollar is going against the euro - 1 euro = 85 us cent being talked of - no more goodies from the states :eek:

glasso wrote: »
    The way the dollar is going against the euro - 1 euro = 85 us cent being talked of - no more goodies from the states :eek:

exactly. I ordered it from Cotswold, found a 10% voucher on vouchercloud. This is a complete luxury buy tbh. Of course I'll use it for running, but mostly getting it for its wearing all the time potential.

glasso wrote: »
    Yeah, was looking at that last night. If you buy through DC Rainmaker's preferred link, you get 10% off, which would bring it down to $495 (€451), for the watch +HRM so a €49 saving on the Cotswold price (which would suggest that the Cotswold price is pretty good (*edit - before PaulieC's discount code*)). Plus, as a new watch in the Garmin line, and their dubious release history, I'd rather return a watch to the UK than to the US.

Still, at that price tag, it moves from the 'necessary' to the 'luxury' price bracket, and I reckon I'll have to live with my 910's flaws and limitations a little longer. Will wait and see how PaulieC gets on with it. IIRC Beepbeep abandoned his Fenix2 due to bugs/problems.

then there is the even more expensive model coming out..... Garmin Epix

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/01/garmin-epix-mapping-multisport.html

has map display and navigation.

could be cool if it could be
    - running watch, including getting download of trails/routes that are actually viewable (not just a line but also with map data)
    - cycling watch + navigation
    - general navigation device - e.g. better batter life than gps phone option, with no need for data

Yeah, was looking at that last night. If you buy through DC Rainmaker's preferred link, you get 10% off, which would bring it down to $495 (€451), for the watch +HRM so a €49 saving on the Cotswold price (which would suggest that the Cotswold price is pretty good (*edit - before PaulieC's discount code*)). Plus, as a new watch in the Garmin line, and their dubious release history, I'd rather return a watch to the UK than to the US.

Still, at that price tag, it moves from the 'necessary' to the 'luxury' price bracket, and I reckon I'll have to live with my 910's flaws and limitations a little longer. Will wait and see how PaulieC gets on with it. IIRC Beepbeep abandoned his Fenix2 due to bugs/problems.

I'm definitely going more for the everyday wearability of the fenix than the necessity of a running watch. I am aware of the reported flaws of the previous versions of the fenix, but I am hoping that the fact that this is a new model and shares the same innards and functionality as the 920xt will meant that any bugs are ironed out quickly. DCR's full review of it didn't indicate any serious flaws.

Cotswold seem to have the HRM bundles only, but the 10% discount means that that is effectively free. BTW, I went for the Sapphire model :cool:

Cool. Let us know how it goes. Will probably go in that direction (though not the saphire model) eventually. Cant' really see the Epix being really useful as the screen is too small to be really useful from a map perspective (at least for my eyesight). I think one of the companies will have to come-up with an alternative way of using maps on very small screens, before it becomes a really useful feature.

IMG_4393.jpg

Ireland being rightly stuffed up again :(

010-01338-21 | Fenix 3 Sapphire | € 631.99
    010-01338-26|Fenix 3 HRM Sapphire|€ 673.99
    010-01338-01|Fenix 3 Grey|€ 519.99
    010-01338-11|Fenix 3 HRM Grey|€ 561.99
    010-01338-06|Fenix 3 Silver|€ 519.99
    010-01338-16|Fenix 3 HRM Silver|€ 561.99

The sooner we are put on distribution from EU and not through UK the better for consumers in Ireland. (these are advised RRP)

The sooner we are put on distribution from EU and not through UK the better for consumers in Ireland. (these are advised RRP)

Is it not much of a muchness because of the strength of the $ at the moment ?

As it stands, €65 more for the performer bundle here vs Euro buy from UK

As it stands, €65 more for the performer bundle here vs Euro buy from UK

wow, that's definitely not much of a muchness :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I used code nt14 to get 15% off mine via Cotswold (not the 20 I thought I got!) £60 off the performer bundle. I ordered back at start of feb so not sure if still valid. National trust, Ctc etc have 15% off codes if it's not working and should be able to track them down on the web.

Edit so grey performer bundle @ 561 here, cost 340gbp which is coming up as 461.

Further edit (pic)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94550503&postcount=3150

tP4PO0k.jpg

Damn you Copacetic.... Now I want one...
    :)

KC based on mileage you deserve, if not need, one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭opus

Damn you Copacetic.... Now I want one...
    :)

If there was a "Buy Now" button under the pic, it would have taken a lot of willpower not to have clicked on it ;)

I'll just go look up the difference between "needs & wants" again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Cheers for code copacetic, seems to accept, although haven't gone through full checkout. Comes up as €420.75 !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

If nobody fancies shelling out for the F3. I may part with my F2 Special Edition for a decent price. Perfect cond, box, plugs, hrm run strap etc.. :)

PM if interested

I see Amazon.com has finally started listing the Fenix 3.
    Performance bundle (grey) - $550 (€509)
    Saphire - $600 (€555)
    Watch on its own - $500 (€461)
    So the UK pricing (particularly the Cotswold site with the discount code) is very competitive.

I just cancelled my Sapphire order as they emailed me this morning to say they had no idea when it would be in stock, probably not until May. Ordered the standard performer bundle with the 15% discount (tried adding another 10% discount code, but no dice), and that will be here next week apparently.

Also, ordering them from Amazon.com (Clever Training) would incur import charges.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Also, ordering them from Amazon.com (Clever Training) would incur import charges.
    Was looking at it more from the perspective of one who travels to the US on occasion. Certainly not worth it if ordering for delivery to Ireland. Good to here that they may have the performance bundle next week. Race ya. :)

• Advertisement

Was looking at it more from the perspective of one who travels to the US on occasion. Certainly not worth it if ordering for delivery to Ireland. Good to here that they may have the performance bundle next week. Race ya. :)

Feck off, I'm not going to use it for racing, way too expensive for that. I'll be keeping it up in its box.

Advertisement