The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 490 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2015, 10:56   #7336
reallyrose
Hosted Moderator

Thanks for all your comments, people.

I'll think about it carefully and then get an adult cat. I'm sure it'll be fine!
Swanson will get used to it. He's very stupid, after a month, he'll think the other cat was always there.

Anyway, I asked him last night and he said "marp!" *knead knead knead* "prrrrrmrrp"

*shops for possible cats on adoption sites*
Advertisement
22-05-2015, 11:45   #7337
Pumpkinseeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyrose View Post
Thanks for all your comments, people.

I'll think about it carefully and then get an adult cat. I'm sure it'll be fine!
Swanson will get used to it. He's very stupid, after a month, he'll think the other cat was always there.

Anyway, I asked him last night and he said "marp!" *knead knead knead* "prrrrrmrrp"

*shops for possible cats on adoption sites*
Fostering might be something to think about. You'd be helping a rescue as well as the cat and if the foster and your own cat get on then you could adopt.
23-05-2015, 11:01   #7338
mymo

Found my first kitten of the season last night, at 1.45am on a country road at least half a mile from nearest house. I nearly ran it over in the middle of the road, stopped and searched but no sign of any others or mother cat. She's about 6 weeks and definitely used to being handled

She's settled in the bathroom, well fed with a heat pad for warmth. I'm a sucker I know, but once she's wormed and fed up a bit, I think I'll home her easily.

Pics now in the photo thread!

Last edited by mymo; Yesterday at 01:51.
Yesterday, 13:11   #7339
tk123

My little baby is 2 today!
Yesterday, 13:27   #7340
mymo

I cat believe she's two already!
Happy birthday Lucy.x
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:42   #7341
borderlinemeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
My little baby is 2 today!
My niece sent me a pic this morning of our old GR Elvis as a puppy, his birthday was yesterday! Born in 1997 though!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 16:54   #7342
tk123

I can't believe she's two either!! I think this time around we were able to enjoy her being a puppy more than we did with Bailey - she was/is so relaxed and chilled out - no dry food hyphens etc etc so we weren't waiting for the day when she'd grow up and calm down a bit - she was already calm!

Anyways I spend months stressing out that the boot is too small for the dogs and that poor Bailey is being crushed to one side by Lucy (my last suv was a LOT bigger than this one so had way more space), trying different combos of seats up and down, figuring out if I can afford to get a bigger car one etc etc.. Eventually I decide to try a crate for Lucy which she loves - gets in the boot via the step no hassle and Bailey is happy to have his space back... He's been crying in the car lately and couldn't figure out what he wanted until this morning - he managed to stretch his car harness strap as far as possible and climb into the crate on top of her lol!! He got out after a few mins though!
Today, 10:55   #7343
Pumpkinseeds

I've got Felix booked in at the vets on Wednesday to get his ear checked. He's been shaking his head and rubbing the ear, plus he's being a total git to the others which is usually a sign that the bit of polyp they can't get in his ear is bugging him. I'm really hoping it's not polyp related, just mites. The poor cat has had enough of having his ear poked and prodded over the years.
Today, 12:24   #7344
SillyMangoX

I got another new tattoo today, I really am a glutton for punishment! For Those who have said before that pain is putting them off the idea, never ever get your ribs done! I've sat for hours in the past without a problem on other areas, had to ask for a break after 20 mins of this one. Verrrrry painful :O
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 12:26   #7345
ShaShaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMangoX View Post
I got another new tattoo today, I really am a glutton for punishment! For Those who have said before that pain is putting them off the idea, never ever get your ribs done! I've sat for hours in the past without a problem on other areas, had to ask for a break after 20 mins of this one. Verrrrry painful :O
Tattoos are like babies. If you want one, and get one, you forget how sore they are and get another, and another, and possibly another.
And people who never had one or don't want one will think you are utterly mad
(2) thanks from:
Today, 12:28   #7346
SillyMangoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaShaBear View Post
Tattoos are like babies. If you want one, and get one, you forget how sore they are and get another, and another, and possibly another.
And people who never had one or don't want one will think you are utterly mad
It's true! Every time I get one I'm like, I'm done now, never again. Then I see something pretty or something meaningful and I have to have it
Thanks from:
Today, 12:35   #7347
ShaShaBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMangoX View Post
It's true! Every time I get one I'm like, I'm done now, never again. Then I see something pretty or something meaningful and I have to have it
I only have one tattoo, but have had work done three times. First was the center piece, and that was meant to be all of it, but I got a small piece added to it when I was getting it redone, and then another piece shortly after that. It started out 2 x 2 inches on my inner forearm, now it stretches from my wrist to just past my elbow
I desperately want another but can't until after this baby comes out, and as far as I know, most places won't tattoo you if you bf, so will have to see - might get one done after the wedding next year
Today, 12:42   #7348
SillyMangoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaShaBear View Post
I only have one tattoo, but have had work done three times. First was the center piece, and that was meant to be all of it, but I got a small piece added to it when I was getting it redone, and then another piece shortly after that. It started out 2 x 2 inches on my inner forearm, now it stretches from my wrist to just past my elbow
I desperately want another but can't until after this baby comes out, and as far as I know, most places won't tattoo you if you bf, so will have to see - might get one done after the wedding next year
Oh wow, that must look really cool! I'd love to have tattoos on my arms but so far all of mine are easily hidden, have to find a secure job first as far as I know no place will tattoo when pregnant/bf because your body will react differently - even when auntie flo is visiting it an effect how your body takes to the tattoo with swelling and stuff, it's fascinating really!
Today, 15:31   #7349
ShaShaBear

Totally off-topic of nice things, but just saw a lady on a Louth selling page on FB offering her male dog for stud at an undisclosed price. But get this, he doesn't have papers.

But it's alright, because he's a perfect example of the breed.
Today, 19:13   #7350
VonVix

Spanner thrown into the works, new puppy might be a different breed than I had been currently seeking. The original plan might be happening again and a lot earlier than I was intending, yeeepers.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion