Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No. 31 General Hospital at Port Said in November 1917

Options
  • 18-01-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been researching my uncle Albert Condon, Royal Irish Fusiliers, 10559. I have most of his military records. He was in France December 1914 and transferred to Salonica and then to Palestine. He served with 1st, 2nd, 5th and 5/6th battalions.
    I have copies of two telegrams sent to his wife here in Dublin in December 1917 from the 31st General Hospital in Port Said, Egypt regarding him having survived an operation.
    I have found that this hospital was an Australian Hospital so I am wondering how he got there. He had the operation for shrapnel wounds but I cannot find any medical records for him.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Joe Dalcassian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

Hi Readers.
    It's OK, I have researched further and proved to myself that the 31st General Hospital was indeed British.
    Case closed
    Joe

Advertisement