Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving test

Options
  • 15-01-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've had my learners permit for 5 months now and i have 7 lessons complete. Is it possible for me to apply for my driving test now so that by the time i get my date i will be 6 months on the road and have my lessons complete.

if anyone else has gone through this please reply.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Yes - you may apply anytime. The 6 month restriction only applies to sitting the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daithi95

Yes - you may apply anytime. The 6 month restriction only applies to sitting the test.

what about the fact that i only have 7 lessons finished? do they have to be uploaded to the rsa website by my instructor before i can apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

daithi95 wrote: »
    what about the fact that i only have 7 lessons finished? do they have to be uploaded to the rsa website by my instructor before i can apply?
    I'll have to leave that for someone else to answer. Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

daithi95 wrote: »

you will need all 12 lessons uploaded before you can apply, as far as I know.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

dan185 wrote: »

you will need all 12 lessons uploaded before you can apply, as far as I know.
    You can apply any time but your application won't be processed until all 12 EDT lessons are uploaded by the ADI.

In effect, it's pointless applying until all 12 are finished and uploaded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

You can apply any time but your application won't be processed until all 12 EDT lessons are uploaded by the ADI.

In effect, it's pointless applying until all 12 are finished and uploaded

Disagree, if you apply now you go on EDT Hold which means it won't activate until 6 months and EDT complete, but then you can ring and get a test in a few weeks. If you wait til after completion to apply then you could face another 8-10 weeks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Motor-Ed wrote: »

Disagree, if you apply now you go on EDT Hold which means it won't activate until 6 months and EDT complete, but then you can ring and get a test in a few weeks. If you wait til after completion to apply then you could face another 8-10 weeks.
    I stand corrected then.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

I stand corrected then.

No problem

The requirements sometimes feel as if they change daily
    This is the most up to date as far as I,m aware

Advertisement