Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three

Options
  • 31-10-2005 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Sky Three now on EPG Ch 108. Launch today Live @ 5. Sky Mix Rebranded
    Sky Two on 107.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing new on either channel. :( Just loads more Ibiza uncovered and girls getting nekkid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Sky Three now live and FTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

djpaul wrote:

What are the codes for Sky Three? It does not seem to remain on my stb when i remove the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Nothing new on either channel. :( Just loads more Ibiza uncovered and girls getting nekkid.
    Isn't that the point? The channel is supposed to be showing stuff which was on Sky One, but are now showing it FTA (or FTV) for the first time. It's aimed at those who did not have a Sky subscription before.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

What are the codes for Sky Three? It does not seem to remain on my stb when i remove the card.

That would be because its FTV, not FTA...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

FTV = Free To View, (With FTV Card)

FTA = Free To Air, (No Card Required)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sky mix renamed to Sky two as well.

Rehashed crap all round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

djpaul wrote:
    FTV = Free To View, (With FTV Card)

FTA = Free To Air, (No Card Required)

I know the difference :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

djpaul wrote:

Sky Three is not coming in on my FTV card

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Um ok sky three... more repeats?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky Three is a channel that caters mainly for Freeview viewers. of course it's all repeats, Sky arent going to put 1st run programmes on a channel that can be received for free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

lol, they should have called it 'Sky free'!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Sky Three is a channel that caters mainly for Freeview viewers. of course it's all repeats, Sky arent going to put 1st run programmes on a channel that can be received for free
    Mossy has hit the spot.
    The channel itself is mostly made up of programmes that scored the best ratings on Sky Travel (which used to be on Freeview) along with material that used to be run on Sky One - the showing of these programmes are about 12-18 months behind Sky One.

It's a channel that Sky are threading a fine line over - make it look too crap and Freeview viewers will think that Sky One and the Sky service in general isn't much better. Make it too good and then why bother getting Sky when you're happy enough with what you have for free !?!

MYOB wrote:
    That would be because its FTV, not FTA...

I think you'll find it neither FTV or FTA on Sky Digital. It seems to be part of the value of the family pack. Only seems to be free on Freeview. A bit like More4 so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Leonard wrote:
    I think you'll find it neither FTV or FTA on Sky Digital. It seems to be part of the value of the family pack. Only seems to be free on Freeview. A bit like More4 so

Sky Three is very definitely Free to View. If you can't see it with an FTV card you should reboot your digibox and it might sort out the problem.

tried that but to no avail. I also done a reboot of the box but still no joy. I'll have to carry out a phone activation on it again to see if that will bring it in. I use a dialer which enables me a carry out phone activations on these cards.

must check my card to see if it works. odd that Sky Three will work on some but not all cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Clear on my UK card

working perfectly on my FTV card also

Advertisement