Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of man caught trying to meet 15 year old for sex

• 18-02-2013 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't really know what to think of this. Obviously paedophiles should be stopped, but I don't feel its up to some dicks with a camera and youtube to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

They need to set up a group to stop paedophiles. I propose the 'PaedophileBusters'. Similar to the GhostBusters, only for paedophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

In some European countries, the legal age is 14 so... how is this going to work?

You're scum in these countries but are perfectly normal in these other countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

hansen-approved.thumbnail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

In some European countries, the legal age is 14 so... how is this going to work?

You're scum in these countries but are perfectly normal in these other countries?

It's 13 in Spain.

Confab wrote: »
    It's 13 in Spain.

I think it's still 12 in the Vatican City and some parts of North/South America, no? And I think there's only a handful of countries where it's 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

This is Birmingham though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Why don't you go ahead and have a seat right on that stool for me please...

Sin City wrote: »

The age is 16 there. I can't help but think the people filming it are just trying to be the next Chris Hansens and just doing it for popularity/15 minutes of fame instead of trying to do something useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

When you use a bit of cop on and weight up your age, I am 22, I wouldn't be involving myself with anyone below 18 and that's at a push! Just because a law says 13/14/15 dose not make it morally right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

They think they're great but just let him drive off at the end. Clearly they just want the Youtube views.
    Why wasn't he detained until the police arrived? Next time he will choose a safer place or visit his granddaughter rather than strangers online.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If it stops him assaulting even 1 child then im all for things like this. Do you think he will chat to any more 15yr old girls looking for sex? It will work in a situation like this and tbh, i have no problems if anyone wanted to assault that man on the street.

msg11 wrote: »
    When you use a bit of cop on and weight up your age, I am 22, I wouldn't be involving myself with anyone below 18 and that's at a push! Just because a law says 13/14/15 dose not make it morally right.

I think you're missing my point.
    The people in the video are just doing it for YT views/15 minutes of fame. They couldn't give a damn if the girl was 17 (where the age of consent is 18) or 12 (if it was in Spain where the age is 13). They just see it as "we can be famous for doing the right thing".

And yeah, I agree with you completely about the age thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Fantastic work, things like this happening surely plays in the back of pedophiles minds and saves many children being raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Sin City wrote: »

good point. In the UK/Ireland you're scum as soon a a tabloid whips up a frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Keno 92 wrote: »
    They need to set up a group to stop paedophiles. I propose the 'PaedophileBusters'. Similar to the GhostBusters, only for paedophiles.

wonder what happens if they cross those streams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Taking the law into their own hands by posting this stuff on line.

If they had any suspicion of the guy they should have gone to the cops first.

If your man gets beaten up by some vigilant group they will have a lot of answering to do.

Is that true about age of consent being 12 in the Vatican? And 13 in Spain? Thats disgusting, legal rape.

I think you're missing my point.
    The people in the video are just doing it for YT views/15 minutes of fame. They couldn't give a damn if the girl was 17 (where the age of consent is 18) or 12 (if it was in Spain where the age is 13). They just see it as "we can be famous for doing the right thing".

And yeah, I agree with you completely about the age thing.

I agree it's just for there own buzz, what justice will come from this? The person in the video, he needs to be added to the sex offense register and the police shown the footage and chat logs. Then let them deal with it, he's quite clearly a liability if what we are told/show in video is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

A 15 year old is not a child, so this guy can't be classed as a paedophile!

Taking the law into their own hands by posting this stuff on line.

If they had any suspicion of the guy they should have gone to the cops first.

If your man gets beaten up by some vigilant group they will have a lot of answering to do.
    Why should society care if a child rapist gets attacked? **** him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Keno 92 wrote: »

I'm in, but there's no way in hell I'm mopping paedoplasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

How come internet paedos are often middle aged men? Is there some sort of sick switch that goes off once they're over the hill?

A 15 year old is not a child, so this guy can't be classed as a paedophile!

In Irish law, anyone under the age of 17 is a child.

gallag wrote: »
    Is that true about age of consent being 12 in the Vatican? And 13 in Spain? Thats disgusting, legal rape.

In Spain it is 13. But remember, there are still parents to deal with and whatnot so ideally, it wouldn't happen (I don't think it actually happens as much as people imagine it does). Plus it's also illegal if the older person is a teacher or a trust guardian and the likes so it's not really as bad as it seems.
    Or at least I hope not...
    Not sure about the Vatican; I think it might have been changed to about 18 or something but for a while at least it was 12.
    I agree it's just for there own buzz, what justice will come from this? The person in the video, he needs to be added to the sex offense register and the police shown the footage and chat logs. Then let them deal with it, he's quite clearly a liability if what we are told/show in video is correct.

Well yeah but I mean at the end of the day, they don't care in the slightest. And I dunno if the cops would be able to do much (if anything). Logs can be faked and stuff, no?

What did he do, exactly? Expect to have sex with a 15 year old? That's not a child rapist is it?
    Although I haven't gotten to watch the video yet so...
    In Irish law, anyone under the age of 17 is a child.

I think he meant the fact that "pedophiles" describe people attracted to kids that haven't hit puberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

krudler wrote: »
    wonder what happens if they cross those streams

If someone asks if your over the age of concent, you say YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

in the Vatican, it's 14 for a female and 16 for a male but they must be married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

I think the point is that outside of a sufficient investigation we've only these guys' word to go on - what happens when an innocent person is injured or killed because they got it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

In the Vatican its just because the law was copied from Italian law centuries ago and Italian law has since changed. You also need to be married in the Vatican which isn't possible at age 12. Technically a girl could have legal sex at 14.

What did he do, exactly? Expect to have sex with a 15 year old? That's not a child rapist is it?
    Although I haven't gotten to watch the video yet so...

I think he meant the fact that "pedophiles" describe people attracted to kids that haven't hit puberty.
    Yes sir, a 61 yo man having sex with a 15 yo girl is indeed rape, morally and legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

It is not legal rape if that is the age of consent, although that doesn't make it any less disgusting.

According to Wikipedia the age of consent in Europe ranges from 13 to 18.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Advertisement