Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking for a few days in Wexford Town

Options
  • 18-07-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am driving to Wexford next weekend to meet someone who is also driving, we are then going to Waterford for a few days but do not want to bring two cars with us. What option(s) do I have for leaving one of the cars here for 3-4 days whilst we are away? Do you think I could just leave it in a housing estate/car park somewhere?

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

acer911 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am driving to Wexford next weekend to meet someone who is also driving, we are then going to Waterford for a few days but do not want to bring two cars with us. What option(s) do I have for leaving one of the cars here for 3-4 days whilst we are away? Do you think I could just leave it in a housing estate/car park somewhere?

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I would leave it in one of the out of town hotel car parks, Maldron, Whitford or Ferrycarrig but you face the same risks here as in any part of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

oldyouth wrote: »
    I would leave it in one of the out of town hotel car parks, Maldron, Whitford or Ferrycarrig but you face the same risks here as in any part of the country

I'd say they would probably clamp cars that are left here and not using the hotels, no?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'd say they would probably clamp cars that are left here and not using the hotels, no?
    Maldron definitely discourage non guest parking. Im not sure about clamping, but they might.

Any of the bigger free carparks like at Woodies or Lidl or Drinagh park will be pretty isolated at night, on street parking in a residential area will irritate the neighbours. You could phone a hotel and ask if you can leave your car there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Perhaps my car is known in a certain hotel, but I often park up from 5.10pm on a Friday until Sunday evening, for obvious reasons, without any problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Oryx wrote: »
    Maldron definitely discourage non guest parking. Im not sure about clamping, but they might.

Any of the bigger free carparks like at Woodies or Lidl or Drinagh park will be pretty isolated at night, on street parking in a residential area will irritate the neighbours. You could phone a hotel and ask if you can leave your car there?

Maybe calling them could be an option, doubt they would take to kindly to it either though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement