Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infected Laptop - PC Performer

• 22-07-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Its a Sony Viao and it crashes after about 10 minutes .

There are 2 programmes installed , PC Performer and Video Performer .

I uninstalled both programmes , and then shut down and re-started , but the Laptop asked to repair computer , which I ran.

Now the Laptop has gone back to a date of good configuration , and both PC Performer and Video Performer have returned .

I try uninstalling PC Performer again , and it says that the file is missing .

Anyone got ideas what to do next ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

PC Performer is a registry optimizer program that promises to enhance computer performance and fix registry errors, but in fact it even slows your computer down, changes system settings and causes errors.
    It has been proved that PC Performer is a rogue application

This PC Performer programme is obviously a virus :

http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-55-4701-0.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Download a bootable virus scanner, burn to DVD or USB boot from it

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Hiren Boot CD Has lot of handy utilities.

Google it as I am not allowed to post weblinks.

Download and burn to a CD.
    Boot and run antivirus and then spybot search and destroy.

Advertisement