Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cartown reopening ??

• 17-01-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear that cartown is supposed to be reopening this year ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

Yup, heard it opening Paddys day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Blonde27 wrote: »
    Yup, heard it opening Paddys day
    Cool, I presume they're moving the donkey from the landmark to it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Now that people are used to having the Donkey and Murtaghs in town, I can't see the crowd heading back out there after an initial honeymoon period. Still a dangerous and long walk, the whole bus thing could be a nuisance and the days of having the carpark wedged with cars are long gone I'd say. Good luck to them though. Was a great spot back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

How did that place ever get planning permission or a licence. No footpath or street lighting for 2 miles and hoards of drunks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I heard that it will be opening around April, and that it is meant to be looking amazing, state of the art equipment and design, and it will have a cocktail bar, fingers crossed, god I love the Landmark Cocktails!

I used to love getting the bus out to it, was great fun, looking forward to going when it reopens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

becah wrote: »
    I heard that it will be opening around April, and that it is meant to be looking amazing, state of the art equipment and design, and it will have a cocktail bar, fingers crossed, god I love the Landmark Cocktails!

I used to love getting the bus out to it, was great fun, looking forward to going when it reopens!
    Some people are saying St. Patrick's day other people are saying it's not opening at all, I think I'll wait till I hear something official before I get my hopes up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I know for a fact that it is re-opening, but not sure on the exact date, considering st.patricks day is about 2 weeks away, I doubt it'll be open for then, as there hasn't been any marketing etc, so I'd say it'll be most likely April.
    Looking forward to it anyway, loved coming down with a big gang for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

hi all,

i was talking to one of the guys actually working in cartown on the works and he said the plan is to open for easter!

apparently the buses will be free from town out to it and lets face it they would have to be and as someone else said ( and i agree ) why would you pay to get into cartown when there are now free late night bars in the town itself, think they might concentrate on the live band angle and that i would go back for not that my days in cartown will be many as live in dublin and have three young girls to tie me down for a few years yet!

will have to go for sentimental reasons though at least once !

Advertisement