Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

Laura218 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a housemate! I'm a 1st year doing arts. I'm desperate at this stage

and have you a house already? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Laura218

Hector122 wrote: »
    and have you a house already? haha

No I don't.. I thought you might haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Laura218

Has anyone who was on a waiting list for on campus accommodation been offered a place yet? I'm on 6 different waiting lists, but I haven't heard a thing from any of the complexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

need 2 people to come into a house on college road asap, anyone want to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swimming11

3 year engineering ucc. I would be interested
    David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Bolu_ox

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aarong50

Hi 4th year geology student here I'd be interested if you still have a room

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scholar 09

If this is still available I would be very interested and have a friend to fill another room!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 seamusw31

scholar 09 wrote: »
    If this is still available I would be very interested and have a friend to fill another room!

Yeah myself and my friend are up for it. Both masters students

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bemmac

Has anyone stayed in Vic station in the last 2/3 years I've seen posts from 6/7 years ago saying it's awful so I'm praying it's gotten better :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

bemmac wrote: »
    Has anyone stayed in Vic station in the last 2/3 years I've seen posts from 6/7 years ago saying it's awful so I'm praying it's gotten better :/

Its fine. Rooms are a good size, you get your own bathroom, the shared living space is quite big. Don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ladikb

Hi I'm a student and I'm really stuck for accommodation just wondering if anyone has any room willing to rent or something like that thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kiara12

Hi, I'll be moving out of student accommodation this month so there is a room available for next semester if anyone's interested. It's in an apartment with all girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smarie98

So I know it's quite early but I've just been looking at accommodation for September to have an idea of where I'd like to stay before the openings. I'm a deffered applicant so i'll definitely be going to UCC this year. I was interested in Farranlea but it seems to have a lot of complaints and I'm not sure about the toilet sharing situation in brookfield.. was wondering what Deans Hall is like to live in or that Abbey place?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

smarie98 wrote: »
    So I know it's quite early but I've just been looking at accommodation for September to have an idea of where I'd like to stay before the openings. I'm a deffered applicant so i'll definitely be going to UCC this year. I was interested in Farranlea but it seems to have a lot of complaints and I'm not sure about the toilet sharing situation in brookfield.. was wondering what Deans Hall is like to live in or that Abbey place?

I lived in the student village for 12 months, a couple of years ago now so things might have changed a good bit but I loved it there anyways. Abbeywharf on the quay opposite the cinema is a hole and dangerous, no idea what the one on Washington St is like but it looks nice on the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Benm123

smarie98 wrote: »
    You're absolutely right to be looking for accommodation this early, I was in your shoes this time last year looking for places in Cork, weighing up the pros and cons of each place when suddenly, as if overnight, everywhere booked out mid-April! So make note of when each your desired accommodation opens for booking applications so you don't miss out!

I'm staying in Student Village but I've been to Farranlea plenty of times so I can give you my two pence on it. It's actually a great place to live, very modern and sleek, all rooms have en suites (as far as I know) and the craic is mighty! There is no security at the gate like there is in many other places so you'll have no problem having friends come over or bringing people back at night etc etc. There are two wardens but they are both usually 4th year students so they'll only really come to your apartment if you're causing a lot of disturbance or noise etc. From my times spent there it's always seemed like a great place to live and unreal for pre drinks etc, so I can only assume that the complaints on this forum (I read a lot of complaints last year on here and thought the same) are from years and years ago before they did the place up or whatever. The only annoying thing about Farranlea is that you need a key card to open the gate in the evening/night, so every time one of your friends arrive you have to run all the way down and let them in (which can get annoying if you have a lot of people coming over!)

I've only been in Brookfield once but from my one experience it doesn't seem like the nicest place to live. My living/kitchen area in Student Village is far bigger than Brookfield's and each Brookfield house houses a lot more people than Student Village! Also the shared bathroom doesn't seem too appealing. However, Brookfield is also unreal craic, they actually had to have a 1 month ban on house parties during October as it was getting so out of control, but they lifted the ban again and now they let non-residents in (they didn't during the ban).

Deans hall isn't the nicest inside but is genuinely fine and is also unreal fun, I've been to many house parties there. The location is also a huge plus, literally right beside Washington Street which has all the clubs/pubs so you'll never have to worry about getting a taxi or going back to your apartment to get something during a night out.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gstar420

I'm in 6th year now and doing my Leaving in June and I plan to do Nursing in UCC! (All going well!)
    I went to the open day there and I know the nursing lectures are all held in the Brookfield health and science building, so naturally I'm thinking about getting accommodation in Brookfield!
    From researching online I've been seeing lots of positive and negative reports on Brookfield...
    I have a few questions on it and if anyone can help me out I'd be so grateful!
    1) Is it nice in general, i.e. Is it a nice campus and are the quality of the apartments good?
    2) Which are better to go for, the apartments or townhouses?
    3) Can a group, say for the townhouse which holds 7/8 book together or similarly could 3/4 friends book together for the apartments?
    4) How strict is it? Can you have house parties e.t.c and can friends come and stay with you?

Anybody that could answer any of these questions I would really appreciate it! ☺️

Also if I wasn't to go for Brookfield what other accommodation would be good and close to go for if I'm doing nursing?

Many thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katezz

Where's the best place for second years to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wheelbarrow12

Wondering which is best accommodation for son who will hopefully be doing drama\music in September. From what I've read so far - Victoria Mills seems the best but it's very pricey.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Would prefer he had en suite and a place with good security and living conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 uhannigan

All the UCC student accommodation for 2016/2017 seems to be booked out? Does anyone know anywhere that still has spaces?

• Advertisement

I got an email at 4:40 this afternoon saying I had successfully registered and could not book a place.

This has got to be the most confusing, messed up process I've ever encountered.

Still no guarantee of a place but I'll be notified if I get one or get put on waiting list. I didn't see it for an hour so I've no idea if I was quick enough.

Just got an offer at Castlewhite - what's the story with bathrooms? is there only one toilet and shower for 5 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Just a quick enquiry!

With all the accommodation being snapped up so early by people, surely a large amount of these have to be 1st year students that have not got their offers yet, like myself.

How does this translate to finding accommodation, in the coming months, when a percentage of people don't get accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gailforcewind

It's crazy trying to find accommodation...I have no idea what to do...I'm a first year and obviously have no offer yet but every single place is full.I tried Dean's Hall as soon as the website went live last week and still failed to secure accommodation.I really don't want to share a house in first year until I find my feet and make friends etc. Are there many others in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I'm hopefully going to be going to UCC in September to do a Masters in molecular biology, and have zero idea about accommodation. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay, preferably somewhere quiet/more postgrad-y? I've only actually been to Cork city once and have heard that the campus is spread around a good bit, so would like to be near where I'd more than likely be going to lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Trying to find accommodation is bloody ridiculous this year. All rooms gone by April 1 **** me

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Room possibly available in September for 12 month lease - would suit a postgrad student, which is preferable.

Please PM me for more details! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭leesadin

pm sent afriendlyshark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Anyone know the general areas to look for apartments/houses nearby to UCC? From Galway so havn't a clue what areas I should be looking for online. Have a car, is traffic in Cork shocking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shadysheep

Just got an offer at Castlewhite - what's the story with bathrooms? is there only one toilet and shower for 5 people?

My friend lived in CW last year in a 4 person apartment and yes, there was one shower and one toilet between them. I would assume that it's the same for the apartments with 3/5 people. It wasn't a problem though, you just have to be considerate about how long you spend in there. CW is actually a really nice place for first years, it's so close to the main campus and the gym.

Advertisement