Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broadband

• 30-07-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I cant get eircom cos I'm too far from exchange and so currently have Permanet 10mb @ €35 pm which I find slow. Not looking to download anything significant just general browsing and some on line gaming.
    I see that Skytel are offering 18mb for a very similar price - anyone got any experience of them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The rural fibre broadband rollout (Vodafone/ESB) will be starting soon so I'd wait and see when your area will be done before commiting to a contract with another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

zerks wrote: »
    The rural fibre broadband rollout (Vodafone/ESB) will be starting soon so I'd wait and see when your area will be done before commiting to a contract with another provider.

Thanks - I will look at that but there is no contract with Skytel, its month by month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I have Skytel, regularly drops to around 4mb at peak times, often drops altogether. Best of a bad lot is how I would describe them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Carnsore Broadband.

15mb. LOS Broadband provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

STB. wrote: »
    Carnsore Broadband.

15mb. LOS Broadband provider.

Where is their transmitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Im with permanet paying for 10mb €50 with phone, on a good day might get 3mb last night 1.7mb thats about avg.
    Will have to start looking for a better service. but live rural. so limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 msq

I'm in rural North Wexford.
    I currently have Wicklow Broadband and Whizzy Internet. Both very good. Got permaNET but candled due to to ridiculous data caps (40GB traffic quota in biggest package, splitted between peak and off peak, really..??) and horrible customer service. Happy with two others.

Check this thread for more details. yes, it is old but has some recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

msq wrote: »
    I'm in rural North Wexford.
    I currently have Wicklow Broadband and Whizzy Internet. Both very good. Got permaNET but candled due to to ridiculous data caps (40GB traffic quota in biggest package, splitted between peak and off peak, really..??) and horrible customer service. Happy with two others.

Check this thread for more details. yes, it is old but has some recent posts.

Shame, rang both of those, neither available in my area:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JFK2012

Hey,
    just moved into an apartment in Oranmore, Co Galway. Looking for the best broadband/TV package ? In between Eircom or Sky ? Internet speed/connection the most important for me.
    Sky is cheaper but is sky broadband a little dodgy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

JFK2012 wrote: »
    Hey,
    just moved into an apartment in Oranmore, Co Galway. Looking for the best broadband/TV package ? In between Eircom or Sky ? Internet speed/connection the most important for me.
    Sky is cheaper but is sky broadband a little dodgy ?

You're a bit lost here JFK2012

• Advertisement
Advertisement