Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things to do in GTA Online when you're bored.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Try this

At the end of this I was like go on go on cmon go on ya whhhooooorrrrrrrrrrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 samc36

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    At the end of this I was like go on go on cmon go on ya whhhooooorrrrrrrrrrr....

He's Determined haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Mc Love wrote: »
    Found a good old spot for the bounty sessions
    Wall breaches aren't allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Scotty # wrote: »
    Wall breaches aren't allowed!

Aint no wall breach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

So we probably all have Insurgents with guns at this stage and some kind of chopper or other so I was thinking a few of us could go into a crew only session at some stage and have some unofficial deathmatches. One with insurgents, one with any weaponised chopper you happen to have. Anyone that doesn't have one is welcome to be a passenger or borrow one of course.

In both cases each player gets only one life. With the choppers we could turn off radars to make it a little more difficult.

• Advertisement

RonanP77 wrote: »
    So we probably all have Insurgents with guns at this stage and some kind of chopper or other so I was thinking a few of us could go into a crew only session at some stage and have some unofficial deathmatches. One with insurgents, one with any weaponised chopper you happen to have. Anyone that doesn't have one is welcome to be a passenger or borrow one of course.

In both cases each player gets only one life. With the choppers we could turn off radars to make it a little more difficult.

Do something along the lines of this maybe even do a boards bounty again soon and hunters can only use insurgent with weapon and mercenaries two hunters obviously... Any1 be up for boards bounty Monday or Tuesday even wednesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Do something along the lines of this maybe even do a boards bounty again soon and hunters can only use insurgent with weapon and mercenaries two hunters obviously... Any1 be up for boards bounty Monday or Tuesday even wednesday evening

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Definitely up for a bounty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

One thing we've been doing a lot lately is waiting for players to go inside ammunition (clothes stores and food stores will work as well, basically anything with a door) and just pull your car up to the front doors and park it there. Players will be trapped inside and can't leave, they'll usually just leave the session or kill themselves.

We used to do it to each other in between heists while stocking up on ammo but managed to get a randomer with it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭stephan7527

What time was that last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

What time was that last night

Between 9 - 12 I think. It wasn't a boards crew member though, it was some random player buying weapons, his mate was sitting outside in a van but sped off when I pulled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Farty88 wrote: »

Not trying to be a moan.... but f**k me, this whole thing is infuriating. I wish I could just bloody play the game and not suffer through so much loading/server issues/crashes and hangs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    Not trying to be a moan.... but f**k me, this whole thing is infuriating. I wish I could just bloody play the game and not suffer through so much loading/server issues/crashes and hangs etc

When i do get into a game i love it, but man, the load times, hanging servers, getting seperated from my party etc, really kill it for me. i dont have unlimited gaming time, so I've often found myself purposely avoiding GTA as you can lose the guts of an hour just trying to set things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Kenjataimu wrote: »
      Pin a sticky on a afk player:
      Stick a sticky bomb on a paused player and take a selfie with them before they return.
      See how long they will stay with it on them before they either go into passive mode or leave the session.

Updated Version of this:

Now that players get auto-tagged in snapmatic pics (current gen only),
      send a link of the pic to the afk'er :pac:

rQFjaac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In between heists yesterday, myself, phobos, stuart and hingo had a game of 'King of the car' where you basically all stand on the roof of a car and try to knock everyone off royal rumble style only using fishts. Id say could be a good laugh with about 8-10 crew members on top of a bus.

I've thought of a new thing to do.

Sticky NPC's:

Put a sticky bomb on the back of an NPC.

Scare them in the direction of your target.

Detonate when the NPC is beside your target.

I tried and failed last night, the hardest thing is to get the NPC to run in the direction you want.

If anyone manages to get a kill this way, record it for us.

I've thought of a new thing to do.

Sticky NPC's:

Put a sticky bomb on the back of an NPC.

Scare them in the direction of your target.

Detonate when the NPC is beside your target.

I tried and failed last night, the hardest thing is to get the NPC to run in the direction you want.

If anyone manages to get a kill this way, record it for us.
      Can our targets be crew members :p

They were last night anyway.

Extra points if its not a crew member.

They were last night anyway.

Obviously we have to test these things first :pac:

• Advertisement

Extra points if its not a crew member.

Obviously we have to test these things first :pac:
      This is very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Ensure your car horn is set to "Musical Note: Re". Gather a few crew members and everyone go into Passive Mode. Find any other player and follow them around the map, everyone with the "Re" horn constantly blasting away. Watch as they do their darnest to escape the annoying horns to no avail.

We chased some randomer around last night for a few minutes before he rage-quit the session. As Proco said, "This is Phobos-level trolling!" :pac:

You also need to turn down your own TV :D

Post the random things you can do online, that we haven't thought of, preferably with the crew.

If anyone wants to try anything thats posted here, use the crew discussion thread to organise it.

Bounties on a train:
        Crew members put bounties on each other and hop on a train.
        Then wait for randomers to come after you.
        Last bounty standing wins

The Bounty Hunting Game:
          One player is the bounty hunter, everyone else has bounties on them.
          When someone gets their bounty claimed, they turn into a bounty hunter and so on until the last bounty is left.
          Rules & allowed weapons have to be agreed before hand.

The Bounty Taxi Ride:
            Take a taxi from Paleto Bay to the Airport in a full lobby while you have a bounty on you.
            If reach your destination without dying, you win.

Highway Frogger:
              Walk across a busy motorway, in first person view, without looking left or right.
              Whoever survives the longest without dying wins.

Car Meets:
                Choose a class of car.
                We all meet up, take a few pics & go for a drive. Simples

Maze Bank - Demolition Derby:
                  Get a cargobob & place as many crew members with their cars on top on the maze bank.
                  After a countdown we try to push each other off.
                  Whoever is the last man on the roof wins.
                  Probably better done with cars off the street because if you fall off, you will explode :pac:
                  Crew pic

Mugger TV:
                    Get a gang in an apartment.
                    Send a mugger after a random person.
                    Watch on tv as they get mugged.

Pin a sticky on a afk player:
                      Stick a sticky bomb on a paused player and take a selfie with them before they return.
                      See how long they will stay with it on them before they either go into passive mode or leave the session.

Crew Hatchet Killers:
                        Best with a lot of crew members.
                        Find a low level player and we all gang up on him using hatchets only.

Lobby Bus Tours:
                          Get a bus and try to get as many randomers in it as possible before someone blows the bus up.
                          Our record on ps3 was 9. :pac:

Into the Blender:
                            Have a chopper hovering just above the ground.
                            Get a 2nd chopper and fly high in the sky.
                            Hop out and skydive all the way & aim for the blades.

Ultimate Hitman:
                              Kill everyone in the session once.
                              You'll probably need a note pad for yourself & to take screenshots to prove this :D

Weaponised Cargobob:
                                Get a cargobob and fly into Fort Zancudo while you have cops turning a blind eye enabled.
                                Have a crew member with a wanted level in the army base so tanks will spawn.
                                Pick up a tank with a npc soldier inside & then go into passive mode.
                                Fly around Los Santos, the tank should attack anyone with a wanted level.

So any other ideas?

RENEGADE BOARDSIE

Farty88 wrote: »
                                RENEGADE BOARDSIE

This is not the "Things Davey does when he is online" thread :pac:

This is not the "Things Davey does when he is online" thread :pac:

Haha proco we shud play your game :P kicking people from session after you kill them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

I'm definitely trying this later:

http://gfycat.com/ChiefLateInvisiblerail

TacoMan wrote: »
                                I'm definitely trying this later:

http://gfycat.com/ChiefLateInvisiblerail

Haha brilliant renegade boardsie style Dublin for Sam lol :P

Advertisement