Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

After the leaving cert

• 05-04-2014 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So with 8 or so weeks until the leaving cert and 11 until its all over I'm wondering what are the rest of you's planning for the summer? Normally I'd go to a Gaeltacht, which is what I've been doing the past few years but thats out of the question now and I need something to fill the gap. I'd love to get a job but realistically I'll take anything that gets me out of the house for the day. I dont think I could cope with spending 2 months of doing nothing. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could still go to the Gaeltacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

What exactly do you like doing? This could be a good time to improve your CV also e.g. by volunteering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cathal6606

It wouldnt feel right going back, once sixth year is over no one goes back, unless they get a job there which is nigh impossible if you're not related to the person who runs the whole thing.
    I'd like to do something manual, outdoors stuff but I'm not picky. Volunteering seems like a good idea but I dont know where to begin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Advertisement