Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wonder Woman (2017)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

So long as she has a narrow waste and big tits it'll be a hit. That said whoever plays WW she'll never be as hot as Lynda Carter.

Guess that counts Gadot out then.

WW was actually the toughest character to cast for these movies I'd say, so few actresses that can pull off the look of her while also being an actually good actor. Gina Carano was one of the better options considering she'd be on the same level as Gadot acting wise and she's actually a fighter with the physique to go along with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I dunno if she can act but Adrianne Curry would be pretty good looks wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was hoping they'd go for someone like Gina Carano. Really liked her in Haywire and she has the physicality to portray Wonder Woman. I just don't buy Gal Gadot in the part. Will still be interested to see how this turns out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'm Gadot will surprise us but it's interesting to note that she is Snyder's WW, not McClaren's. I'm sure McClaren has bought into their vision though as otherwise she wouldn't have signed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Gadot not playing her?

She is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Is Gadot not playing her?

it-s-time-to-get-over-gal-gadot-s-wonder-woman-casting-already-f142c54c-64d3-4cc5-9bbe-7de955682a92.jpeg?width=1024&height=576

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

and that she'll be a demi-God. Batman V Superman has a lot of work to ensure audiences buy into the notion that the Gods worshipped by the Amazons exist. It's one thing to have them cross over in the 2d pages of a comic, but in a live action movie to have Batman running around with the daughter of Zeus will be a much tougher sell.

Not a hard sell at all, people said the same about Iron Man running around with the son of Odin and it didn't really take any great effort beyond just putting them together in a film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not a hard sell at all, people said the same about Iron Man running around with the son of Odin and it didn't really take any great effort beyond just putting them together in a film.

Depends how much detail they want to include about the greek mythology and all that for her origin in the universe really, chances are it'll pretty brief like superman's in MoS

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Depends how much detail they want to include about the greek mythology and all that for her origin in the universe really, chances are it'll pretty brief like superman's in MoS

They laid it on pretty thick in Thor without any issues I don't see why it wouldn't work for this. It's nothing to do with the Nolan Batman films so they pretty much have carte blanche in how far they want to go with it imo. The daft stuff they showed on krypton in MoS is no worse than Greek mythology in terms of believability (for me anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Who's directing ? And who would you say will be the main villian against wonder woman ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The reason the Norse mythology worked in Thor is Marvel went all in. They trusted their characters and their stories and they laid it all out. If DC do the same with WW's origins, it will work. But I'm skeptical, I have to say. Their hesitance to even make a WW film so far is telling. Hope I'm wrong though!

ricero wrote: »
    Who's directing ? And who would you say will be the main villian against wonder woman ?

Sobko wrote: »
    Did a search and cannot find a thread for her stand alone movie. Well the movie now has its director Michelle MacLaren better known for her work on Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad.

From OP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She is

thought as much, just wondered if I missed something given the way that people were talking

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wonderboy76

Marvel's Universe seemsIt’s a good point about Thor; I guess it seems a harder sell as they’re going to be throwing it all into one movie without the build up of a solo film that Thor had. Though in that respect, maybe Marvel has done the groundwork for DC and paved the way for audiences to buy into this.

The Greek gods on screen could be interesting, as long as they move them on a bit from the Clash of the Titans ones sat around in a Roman baths in togas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The Greek gods on screen could be interesting, as long as they move them on a bit from the Clash of the Titans ones sat around in a Roman baths in togas :p

What? How can they top "Release the Kraken!"??

What? How can they top "Release the Kraken!"??

Fair point, well made.

Filming to begin this autumn, it's being reported. I'm still (sadly) expecting something to go hidesouly wrong and WB to pull the plug. Perhaps reacting to her appearance in BvS if the reaction is negative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I'm not watching this unless studio executives make a last minute decision to reboot the whole franchise and cast a male actor in the role of wonder woman - someone like the rock

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Sobko

Well MacLaren is out and Jenkins is in.

• Advertisement

Chris Pine to star as Steve Trevor. Reports also that filming begins this fall in London.

Rumour: The studio and director want Sean Bean as Greek deity Ares and Eva Green as Circe Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Nice on both counts. Hopefully it's accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The writing in this thing is going to have to be absolutely top notch. Everything is riding on that. Because, frankly, Wonder Woman is an absolutely shite superhero character.

I'll qualify my interest in saying that I think there are only two superheroes worth any kind of salt, Batman and Superman and that's really it. All of the others come a distant second, with the exception of Iron Man, possibly.

But, Wonder Woman is just waaaay too far into camp territory that she's completely unsuited to any media outside of a 1940's comic and I really don't know how the writers are going to pull it off. With the (quite unreasonable) reaction from some quarters of comic book fandom to the 'Man of Steel' version of Superman, I can't see them going for the utra-straight, 'Nolanesque', type of superhero story here. But, the inclusion of the lighter elements of Wonder Woman will prove problematic, to say the least...cough...invisible plane...cough...Golden Lasso of Truth...cough.

This film has got to have a completely engaging and compelling story, because I'm hard pressed to think of a good Wonder Woman story from the comics. Not that I've read every single one mind you, but even as a relative outsider, I cannot think of one that stands out. Certainly there's no well known classics like Year One, Arkham Asylum or The Killing Joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭geraardo

I was actually hoping Paula Patton would get the part of Wonder Woman i think she would have been perfect the right amount of beauty and braun, i actually enjoyed the 2009 animated film so i will be really looking forward to this.

I hope they go all in and give it the full works, i want the whole mythology of the Amazons their island their gods the whole works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fartingforfun

This will be so bad, it might be good.

Tony EH wrote: »
    The writing in this thing is going to have to be absolutely top notch. Everything is riding on that. Because, frankly, Wonder Woman is an absolutely shite superhero character.

I'll qualify my interest in saying that I think there are only two superheroes worth any kind of salt, Batman and Superman and that's really it. All of the others come a distant second, with the exception of Iron Man, possibly.

But, Wonder Woman is just waaaay too far into camp territory that she's completely unsuited to any media outside of a 1940's comic and I really don't know how the writers are going to pull it off. With the (quite unreasonable) reaction from some quarters of comic book fandom to the 'Man of Steel' version of Superman, I can't see them going for the utra-straight, 'Nolanesque', type of superhero story here. But, the inclusion of the lighter elements of Wonder Woman will prove problematic, to say the least...cough...invisible plane...cough...Golden Lasso of Truth...cough.

This film has got to have a completely engaging and compelling story, because I'm hard pressed to think of a good Wonder Woman story from the comics. Not that I've read every single one mind you, but even as a relative outsider, I cannot think of one that stands out. Certainly there's no well known classics like Year One, Arkham Asylum or The Killing Joke.

Plenty of iconic WW storylines. While your entitled to your opinion on the character I'd like to point out your wrong.

Some reading material:

Spirit of truth
    Challenge of the gods
    Paradise Lost
    The Circle
    The Hiketeia
    Eyes of the Gorgon
    Azzerllos run

Nicole Kidman now in talks could be for the role Cate Blanchett passed maybe Queen Hippolyta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nicole Kidman now in talks could be for the role Cate Blanchett passed maybe Queen Hippolyta

Would much prefer her in the role that Blanchett, really not a fan.
    The only worse choice would be (look at how cool and unpredictable I've become) Emma Thompson.

Advertisement