Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invisalign Clear Braces

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

newbie13 wrote: »
    Are you aware of that You will be wearing retainer invisalign for the rest of your life ? You will pay it for extra every year. It is not include in their ad.

They are not guarantee their product. They give you option to Not to wear them but if you dont wear (reatiner) after treatment over,your teeth removes back.

I`ve started April 2013 with price of € 4000 , I finished all my set of alligners and retainers.

I went through very bad times. Because its moving your original teeth, you always have pain in your teeth,most of time it bleeds while brushing your teeth.

The only positive I am is the result after 16 months treatment but very negative with Dentist, visits and general process of it.

Shame to hear your experience has been so negative and expensive. I've had no bleeding gums at all and I've had no pain since the first week.

I'm aware that I'll be wearing a retainer at night time for life but personally that doesn't bother me at all. It would be foolish not to wear the retainer after undergoing all the treatment.

It's very difficult to give a general assessment of invisalign. Everybody has different teeth which require different movements. Even the condition and health of teeth vary from person to person. While invisalign might work perfectly for some people it might not work as successfully with others.

Overall I'm still very happy I chose invisalign.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

turniphead wrote: »
    Shame to hear your experience has been so negative and expensive. I've had no bleeding gums at all and I've had no pain since the first week.

I'm aware that I'll be wearing a retainer at night time for life but personally that doesn't bother me at all. It would be foolish not to wear the retainer after undergoing all the treatment.

It's very difficult to give a general assessment of invisalign. Everybody has different teeth which require different movements. Even the condition and health of teeth vary from person to person. While invisalign might work perfectly for some people it might not work as successfully with others.

Overall I'm still very happy I chose invisalign.

As I said before , I am happy with the result. The Allligners and retainers have only 7-8 days life, after one week it get worn and crack. You need to keep use it until end of second week the way it is. Whatever material they are using to make the alligners completely cheap stuff..

As I said before , I am happy with the result. The Allligners and retainers have only 7-8 days life, after one week it get worn and crack. You need to keep use it until end of second week the way it is. Whatever material they are using to make the alligners completely cheap stuff..

How long do the retainers at the end of the treatment last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

What? That is not my experience at all. Not one of my aligners broke or cracked in any way and the retainer (which I've had for a year) shows no sign of wear.

Reekwind wrote: »
    What? That is not my experience at all. Not one of my aligners broke or cracked in any way and the retainer (which I've had for a year) shows no sign of wear.

That's good to hear and very reassuring. I've had no bother with my alligners so it's nice to know the retainer is durable and lasts long.

• Advertisement

Reekwind wrote: »

That's good to hear and very reassuring. I've had no bother with my alligners so it's nice to know the retainer is durable and lasts long.

you get 20 set of alligners from the beginning of treatment, each set stays on 2 weeks , then another 20 set of retainers and again 2 weeks each.

then 1 set of retainers for six months after treatment over.+ night only for life

I know from my experience, I didnt throw away my used alligners . I kept each in own plastic bag. I can send a picture of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭cb123

According to my Dentist the retainer they made me should last 12-18 months and are €150 to replace. They are much harder and sturdier than the invisalign.

I also got the permanent retainer for top and bottom it cost me €300, but honestly I'm delighted I did, it's nice knowing my teeth are in always in retention.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 moses23

Great posts here, very helfpul. Would anyone be able to PM me the names of the clinics where they got Invisalign and approximate costs? I'm in Dublin but would consider Louth, Meath areas or going up north. Thanks!

• Advertisement

They mentioned about the retainers would last for 6 months it has only life of 6-7 weeks. I know it is made from different materials but it started to cracked after 7 week.

wearing the the night time for rest of your life is a down side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Be very careful before purchasing invisalign treatment. Get at least two opinions. I made a big mistake paying a lot of money for treatment on a gob that was not suitable for invisalign. Total mess now and I am going somewhere else for train tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rozzybella

I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience I have had with the payment plan. I payed the 500 euro deposit and agreed to pay 250 a month thereafter untill it was payed off. My teeth are actually coming along quicker than expected and my dentist said that I have to now pay off my braces in time for when I'm finished my treatment. My problem is, they told me 250 a month untill it was payed off. Why should I have to pay 400 now a month just because my teeth are moving quickly. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Or is what the dentist is asking reasonable? Any help you can me would be really appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rozzybella

I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience I have had with the payment plan. I payed the 500 euro deposit and agreed to pay 250 a month thereafter untill it was payed off. My teeth are actually coming along quicker than expected and my dentist said that I have to now pay off my braces in time for when I'm finished my treatment. My problem is, they told me 250 a month untill it was payed off. Why should I have to pay 400 now a month just because my teeth are moving quickly. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Or is what the dentist is asking reasonable? Any help you can me would be really appreciated :-)

no. I did pay e500 deposit than e250 each month 13-14moths. But now I am all with regretful that I went to the invisaglin dentist ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

rozzybella wrote: »

How can they be moving quicker? THe clinicheck sequence will only allow them to move a set amount per aligner. Are you going through aligners faster than was planned, and if so why?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Has anybody used invisalign for an overbite? My teeth are straight but pushed out quite a bit due to years of thumb sucking. If I thought invisalign would help put them back I'd go down that route but everything I'm reading appears to be for crooked or misaligned teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

missjm wrote: »
    Has anybody used invisalign for an overbite? My teeth are straight but pushed out quite a bit due to years of thumb sucking. If I thought invisalign would help put them back I'd go down that route but everything I'm reading appears to be for crooked or misaligned teeth.

I have over bite and open bite from a tongue trust and so far so good, I have 16 sets and I'm just changing to number 6 tonight.

I'm happy with the way invisalign is moving my teeth but NOT with my dental clinic, very unprofessional assistants laughing and messing while the dentist is working, also when I got my first set put on by the dentist, it was extremely sore and he even caught my lip in it, the edges were completely rough, and cut the inside of my mouth all round, my dentist told me to file them down with a nail file (which worked but paying so much for an unfinished product!!) and now I have to do this with every set.
    Also the way the first dentist pulled out the mould has affected all my sets, they stick out a bit on my back teeth on one side, they don't hug my teeth like the other side and it cuts my tongue.
    When I was picking up my next few packets, I got a different dentist and she didn't even ask me how I was getting on with them, she just checked the spaces in my teeth were still wide enough, she didn't even look at them in.

The first week was extremely painful, and I didn't think I would be able to keep it up but now they are fine, even after changing them isn't that sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

I have over bite and open bite from a tongue trust and so far so good, I have 16 sets and I'm just changing to number 6 tonight.

I'm happy with the way invisalign is moving my teeth but NOT with my dental clinic, very unprofessional assistants laughing and messing while the dentist is working, also when I got my first set put on by the dentist, it was extremely sore and he even caught my lip in it, the edges were completely rough, and cut the inside of my mouth all round, my dentist told me to file them down with a nail file (which worked but paying so much for an unfinished product!!) and now I have to do this with every set.
    Also the way the first dentist pulled out the mould has affected all my sets, they stick out a bit on my back teeth on one side, they don't hug my teeth like the other side and it cuts my tongue.
    When I was picking up my next few packets, I got a different dentist and she didn't even ask me how I was getting on with them, she just checked the spaces in my teeth were still wide enough, she didn't even look at them in.

The first week was extremely painful, and I didn't think I would be able to keep it up but now they are fine, even after changing them isn't that sore.

Laura, if this clinic is in Dublin, would you mind PM'ing me the name so I can ensure I avoid it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

missjm wrote: »
    Laura, if this clinic is in Dublin, would you mind PM'ing me the name so I can ensure I avoid it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

No problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭kwat

Mod edit no names?
    Met with Mod edit in there today for a consultation. Told I'd have straight teeth after 8 months but to completely realign my bite it would take 18 months (same price - I could stop after 8 months if I was happy at that stage but best results would be for 18 months).
    He said you don't have to carry a toothbrush everywhere if stuck, as long as you rinse your mouth well after eating.
    Seems to be more positives on here than negatives. Have 7 days to decide now before the €500 off promo ends - decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Hi all, just looking for a price comparison here. I live in London and have been quoted £450 for the Clincheck which is non-refundable if I don't go ahead with Invisalign. Best qoute I've got is £3500 for top and bottom Invisalign. The average from just ringing around Orthodontics here in west London is £4K per set of teeth. Orthodontist wants £1000 + £450 before I get my hands on any product really. Just looking for a price comparison in Ireland for Clincheck and aligners.

Just one final question on this, if I pay the £450 to Orthodontist A for the Clincheck do I own that then and could I possibly go to Orthodontist B with it to get Invisalign? Any info would be appreciated!

franglan wrote: »
    Just one final question on this, if I pay the £450 to Orthodontist A for the Clincheck do I own that then and could I possibly go to Orthodontist B with it to get Invisalign? Any info would be appreciated!

What is a Clincheck? My first consultation was free, they basically just had a look, gave me an estimation of how long it would take. So I decided then that I would do it, so I put down a deposit of 500euro and they took my moulds and sent them away, 8 weeks later I was back to pick up my first 4 sets and get my buttons put on

I believe the Clincheck is the CAD animation which uses your mould to see how your teeth will look after Invisalign. My Orthodontists wants £450 for this to be done alone.

I believe the Clincheck is the CAD animation which uses your mould to see how your teeth will look after Invisalign. My Orthodontists wants £450 for this to be done alone.

OOOOhh right, I just got that when I was picking up my first set of aligners. Pretty cool

You paid for it some way no doubt. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

You paid for it some way no doubt. Anyone else got an opinion on this?

Well I'm sure it was included in the over all package obviously

FYI - got my ClinCheck done today. Got quoted a total of £3600, so £450 today and the rest for the aligners (top and bottom). Estimated timeframe of 12-15 months, will know more when the ClinCheck comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SugarCane

Hi, I'm signed up to get invisalign in the next few weeks, and I was wondering if people could tell me about their experiences with the IPR (teeth filing). Was it painful? Do you're teeth become hyper sensitive? In the dental clinic they said your teeth can "remineralise" whatever that means! Any thoughts on this would be great! :)

Advertisement