Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

can anyone help me

• 18-02-2005 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

the split link for my drum pedal broke before christmas and i havent been able to find a shop anywhere that sells one, its a small, skinny split link. ive tried mmost musicshops and loads of hardware shops. its p*ssing me off at this stage though. i have to keep getting a loan of a friends pedal but im not able to have it for all the practice time i need and i need to do a lot of practice for band situations and leaving cert. does anybody know where i might be able to find a split link for it. (just to you know the type of pedal so you can know the size of the link - it a p-100 double kick pedal)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Split link?

Can you put up a picture of one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

its the Bar that connects the second pedal to the first one with the beaters yeah?
    Dunno where you'd pick one up to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

from a double kick pedal i guess?

its a rare one, alright. um... did music maker in dublin not help?
    i can drop in there at lunch if you like and ask for you...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

OK that makes a bit more sense.

It's called the Drive Shaft, though it looks like the P100 has been discontinued, so you should see if the P101 parts are compatible. The part number is DS 95A for the full Drive Shaft assembly.

Separately, its part number SS 95 for the Drive Shaft sleeve and HS 95 for the Hexagonal Drive Shaft.

http://www.pearldrum.com/parts/p-101tw.html

Edit -> Musicmaker are a Pearl dealer, they should be able to get you parts without any problems. Just phone them up and give them the part number you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 shewolf

no no, its not the bar that connects them, its a piece off the chain. its the last link on the chain that connects the part of the pedal that ya press down to the chain. its a tiny little thing, about the size of a mobile phone button. i asked in musicmaker but they said they cant get them. they've been ordering in boxes of them for ages from pearl but pearl just keep sending the chains out to them without split links.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Did you try emailing Pearl directly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

shewolf wrote:
    no no, its not the bar that connects them, its a piece off the chain. its the last link on the chain that connects the part of the pedal that ya press down to the chain. its a tiny little thing, about the size of a mobile phone button. i asked in musicmaker but they said they cant get them. they've been ordering in boxes of them for ages from pearl but pearl just keep sending the chains out to them without split links.
    i say buy a new pedal

Advertisement