Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I'll hit ye when I process what that means, does that mean I lose a technical hour of my life in bed?
    Yep, we lose an hours sleep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

anyone else here got a big brother whos a big bully??? I fcuking hate him so much, hes a cu*t. just had to let it out :) ugh...l just want to tell everyone I know hes nthing but a horrible bully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

anyone else here got a big brother whos a big bully??? I fcuking hate him so much, hes a cu*t. just had to let it out :) ugh...l just want to tell everyone I know hes nthing but a horrible bully

Fortunately I don't. I can't fathom how siblings could treat each other badly, my ex's sister tries to bully her all the time but I find it just means they are threatened by you or deeply unsatisfied with themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

yeah hes not a happy person but its not my fault, its so horrible. if l ever have kids l'll make sure they treat eachother right & always be there & look out for eachother too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Would love if there was some drug that could just kill me with no pain. You'd just go to sleep and never wake up. Really hate being alive. There's just no point to this life

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Would love if there was some drug that could just kill me with no pain. You'd just go to sleep and never wake up. Really hate being alive. There's just no point to this life
    How did you get on with the doctor today titan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There is a point, there always is. You just have to find it. I know thats easier said than done, but.

Hersheys wrote: »
    How did you get on with the doctor today titan?

Same as usual, need to up the medication so that it starts kicking in again to prevent days like yesterday and today. Showed her what I did, she wasn't very happy at the cuts since I went a bit deeper than usual

Same as usual, need to up the medication so that it starts kicking in again to prevent days like yesterday and today. Showed her what I did, she wasn't very happy at the cuts since I went a bit deeper than usual
    Did it need any stitches?

Did it need any stitches?

Nope, but I cut myself 4 times in the last two days, few lines each time, so was a good bit of blood

• Advertisement

Nope, but I cut myself 4 times in the last two days, few lines each time, so was a good bit of blood
    Mind yourself xx

I hate going the hospital for stitches for SI. Always feel like their judging.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I hate going the hospital for stitches for SI. Always feel like their judging.
    Thankfully my old gp did them for me. Don't know now that I changed doc.

I had it a few weeks ago that I did one that was too wide, it didn't close, didn't know if the GP did stitches so I went the beaumount and got it done up. Takes ages as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

just keep swimming

I'd love if someone just cared about me, surely people can't just see my arm and ignore it without saying anything. Just would love someone to talk to properly and who could help me through this crap as a non-medical person in my life

I'd love if someone just cared about me, surely people can't just see my arm and ignore it without saying anything. Just would love someone to talk to properly and who could help me through this crap as a non-medical person in my life
    Where you based buddy?

Where you based buddy?

Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 arbitrary constant

titan18 are you still a student? I remember your username from the UCC forum (used post there under a different account). If you are still there, have you had any experience with the counselling service? I tried it in my third year and didn't click with the counsellor at all; after only two meetings he basically told me "I can't help you if you don't know what you want" which I thought was a bit harsh to say to a confused young person who just needed to talk. Anyway that experience put me off for a while until my final year when things started to get really bad and I needed to talk to someone again. The counsellor I was assigned that time was really helpful and talking with her really helped me get through that year. I don't know if she still works there but I could PM her your name if you like? I graduated in 2011 and am not based in Cork anymore but if I was still there I'd gladly meet you for coffee and a chat. :) I'm sure there are people around who do care about you.

As for me, I had a dream last night where I choked while taking my Effexor. That can't be a good omen! :rolleyes: Also had a dream about my ex, which rarely happens but always puts me in a bit of a downer. Couple of weeks ago I had a dream about my other ex and that sent me into a whole day of wallowing in self pity. If I could just erase past memories I'd be doing much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Cork
    In Cork myself, will happily meet up with you at some point if you want. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Made a total mess of my arm last night. Damn it.. Not in the head to be at work either just too anxious and stressed out. Argh.. Oh well, least i did some good too yesterday. I just feel so lost at times. sometimes i try to 'stand outside myself' as it were and see where it is i'd like to go but it's just black.

titan18 are you still a student? I remember your username from the UCC forum (used post there under a different account). If you are still there, have you had any experience with the counselling service? I tried it in my third year and didn't click with the counsellor at all; after only two meetings he basically told me "I can't help you if you don't know what you want" which I thought was a bit harsh to say to a confused young person who just needed to talk. Anyway that experience put me off for a while until my final year when things started to get really bad and I needed to talk to someone again. The counsellor I was assigned that time was really helpful and talking with her really helped me get through that year. I don't know if she still works there but I could PM her your name if you like? I graduated in 2011 and am not based in Cork anymore but if I was still there I'd gladly meet you for coffee and a chat. :) I'm sure there are people around who do care about you.

As for me, I had a dream last night where I choked while taking my Effexor. That can't be a good omen! :rolleyes: Also had a dream about my ex, which rarely happens but always puts me in a bit of a downer. Couple of weeks ago I had a dream about my other ex and that sent me into a whole day of wallowing in self pity. If I could just erase past memories I'd be doing much better.

I'm still in UCC, ya, but haven't gone to their counselling service. My GP has warned me away from them, as a lot of their doctors will only work there for a while and then leave, so continuity isn't great, and there's a waiting list, which doesn't really help me, as I'm not that patient of a person.

Ya, erasing past memories would really be fantastic. Someone needs to invent that drug so I can get people (girls mainly) out of my head and live again, and not just being thrown back into this crap whenever I see them or think of them
    Corkfeen wrote: »

Don't really know you, so would be kinda weird, at least for me

Don't really know you, so would be kinda weird, at least for me
    Thought as much, no problem. :)

When people start feeling suicidal, or even less extreme, when ye want to cut yourselves, what do ye all do to take your mind off things. Just need some help cos I can see myself getting back into the suicide attempt area with the way things are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

When people start feeling suicidal, or even less extreme, when ye want to cut yourselves, what do ye all do to take your mind off things. Just need some help cos I can see myself getting back into the suicide attempt area with the way things are going

I think the responsible thing for me to say is look at checking yourself in to hospital if things are heading that way. No less than that.

If I feel the need to hurt( cos I hate the word cutting) I try playing a violent video game. If that doesn't work, I just try to damage control on the hurting.

Does anyone in your family/life know you've been self harming and that you may become suicidal? I asked my psych the same question - he said to confide in someone if I'm feeling low, is there anyone you can talk to?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Corkfeen wrote: »

What about mise :(

Had sort of a bad day today. I made an effort to go out with people but a friend really annoyed me because he was so fecking pass remarkable for the day. I don't think they were for the purpose of offending me but people don't really get that small things hang in my head for a long time.It seems childish but i've never really been able to process things normally. I'm still going to attempt to do something for my birthday, just have to motivate myself to get people to go out.
    Kaching wrote: »
    What about mise :(

I'll happily meet up with anyone..... :o

• Advertisement

We Dublin people should have a meet :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement