Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scan picture 11 weeks + 6 days

Options
  • 30-07-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Went for my nuchal scan yesterday, my date's have moved again + 3 days so I guess I'm 12 weeks tommorrow. Yay!

My results were 1/585 which is low enough for me to opt for amnio but am hopeful/confident of good result.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! Great photo by the way! x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

So cute. It was waving its hands and feet so clearly you could see fingers. I think it looks like a puppy but I have heard having a child is like getting a dog that slowly learns to talk! :)

Unless you REALLY like your dogs i wouldn't compare the two lol! Funny, one of my friends was telling me she saw a documentary about humans vs other animals giving birth and the way humans have evolved makes giving birth much harder. Also developement is slower, like most animals can walk the day they're born but for babies its a lot longer. Also a lot of animals have multiple births but they're much rarer in humans. Was really interesting!

I adore dogs and cats and am worrying about how my precious dalmation is going to handle a baby afterall Charlie is our baby too. And this is going to have to be one good looking child to be anywhere near as fabulous looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Aww, what a cutie :) I can't wait to see our baby, but it isn't until September :( Sure it'll be half reared by then!

• Advertisement

you should get a private scan, only costs €100 and you get a photo. Wll worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Grawns wrote: »
    you should get a private scan, only costs €100 and you get a photo. Wll worth it.

There aren't a lot of places in Leitrim offering that particular service ;) Ah it's only 5 weeks now, I'll live. I have my doppler, which I'm wearing the end off I use so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Congrats Grawns, great scan!!

And the dog is soooo cute..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭arctictree

We are going for this scan tomorrow morning in Holles St. My OH is 13 weeks and 2 days. Are we leaving this a bit late?!! (Just noticed that yours was at 12 weeks)

I think most would have a scan at 12 weeks but one later isn't much difference. I only had a scan at 24 weeks! All was grand. Being pregnant is a huge worry time, try (harder done than said) to relax and breathe!!!!!!!! Do your best to enjoy your time being pregnant and look after yourself

• Advertisement

Hi artictree

Both my scans were private and I am going semi-private. Am actually tempted to go for another one but must stop spending money. Am going to buy a doppler instead.

Good luck with scan, it's so brilliant seeing them

So, just got back. Had the scan, looked great, he/she looked like they were waving at us! Result was 1/5221 which seems pretty good. Now, hopefully the OH will start feeling less sick!!

A

BTW - Just saw the photo of your dog, Grawns. He looks great!

Here's our 'Ted':

ted.jpg

We rescued him from the pound just before we found out that Helen was pregnant. He's about a year old now and totally mad.

Looks like the baby will be growing up with him!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Grawns - your dog is so cute and the baby pic is very clear for an early picture.

I want a dog!!

I have my scan next week I can't wait:)

Not sure how my cat will cope with the new arrival he is used to ruling the house:)

I will pass on all the compliments to Charlie.

Artictree -Ted has spots too maybe they're distant cousins as Charlie is a rescue dog too. Congrats on your nuchal results, they are great.

Moonbeam - the cat won't notice a baby, now a dog would be a different story:)

Advertisement