Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Worst:
    PC world
    Bought MAC pc with them.
    After lovely 13 months of usage the mac Broke.
    Went to pc works but they said that the warranty is for 12 months.
    After all went true the Small claims, eventually they agreed to get that repaired.
    Collected the Mac.
    Send us letter few weeks later that the mac will be sent back in working order.
    Well guess what we never got our mac back and they had no clue where it went.
    They just issued check wort 75% of what we spend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Worst:
    PC world
    Bought MAC pc with them.
    After lovely 13 months of usage the mac Broke.
    Went to pc works but they said that the warranty is for 12 months.
    After all went true the Small claims, eventually they agreed to get that repaired.
    Collected the Mac.
    Send us letter few weeks later that the mac will be sent back in working order.
    Well guess what we never got our mac back and they had no clue where it went.
    They just issued check wort 75% of what we spend on it.
    I had alot of trouble with PC world too, almost took them to the small claims, took a month to repair my laptop after fighting for 5. Got it back in working order though.
    I wouldn't accept anything less than 100% of the cost of the computer. You didn't do anything wrong and dont deserve to be out of pocket due to that business.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I had alot of trouble with PC world too, almost took them to the small claims, took a month to repair my laptop after fighting for 5. Got it back in working order though.
    I wouldn't accept anything less than 100% of the cost of the computer. You didn't do anything wrong and dont deserve to be out of pocket due to that business.

I know.
    Normally i wouldn't, but at the time i had no spare cash.
    Was Havely pregnant.
    Just wanted a pc to speak with my relatives on Skype.
    That was about 5 years ago.
    For sure its one place where i don't go to waist my money anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Dyson were very good

Have DC-9 and the brush stopped spinning in the head
    Called up and did online diagnostics, which didn't fix the issue
    The sent a replacement part in the post within a few days
    The Dyson was in warranty I must add

Part arrived and I went about swapping out, ( part arrives with a special tool to help with this)
    I was a bit worried about taking it apart as one particular piece wouldn't budge
    Rang them again and said if his breaks in my hand what happens, am I stuck with a broken Dyson
    Straight away she said any part breaks we will send a new piece FOC

So gave it a bit more welly and away apart they came
    Overall very satisfied

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Shout-out to specs savers on Grafton St. I went in for glasses and an eye test a couple of years ago and they were truly terrible. Constantly pushing unnecessary products onto me and their floor staff were all about upselling to more expensive frames. I complained to the manager and left without buying anything and promising never to go back.

Jump forward a few years and I'm badly stuck for a pair of glasses on a Sunday and their Grafton St. branch is the only one I can find open. But this time there was no bull**** shilling from their staff. I picked my frames, paid and left. Exactly the way it should be.

I probably won't be back but their service has greatly improved in the last few years.

• Advertisement

Incompent shower of idiots of today is Electric Ireland. Booked a boiler service for today, the appointment slot was confirmed for between 08.00-13.00.

Needless to say the guy never showed up. I appreciate people are busy and can sometimes get delayed but a phonecall takes 30 seconds to make to let a customer know you'll be delayed. I rang them and got the usual smack about a delay on a job and all that blah.

In Electric Irelands favour they are easy to contact on the phone so I suppose they have that going for them.

Bunch of clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gettingtogrips

A very negative message about Eircom or Eir as they are now called. I signed (when them when they were still Eircom so you can see this wasn't today or yesterday ) up for an 18 month contract for a landline and a modem for the internet. For some strange reason, even though I signed up in one of their shops, they have a system whereby they have to post out the modem even though they have them in their shops. No modem arrived so I contacted them a week or so later to be told it was sent and I had great difficulty in getting through to the thick head on the phone that I had not received it. So, another one was to be sent that same day and I expected it the next day. It did not arrive so I phoned them again. I was told it had not been sent the previous day (as promised) but it wasn't but would be sent that day. A week later, it still hadn't arrived. I phoned again and said I was going to cancel the contract as it was ridiculous. They promised a modem would definitely be sent and couldn't understand why I had not received one earlier - they sent it so I should have it! Why would I lie?!! Why would I keep phoning if I had one? What use would two modems be to me? Anyway, finally a modem was delivered to my door and a signature was required. This was about a month after me signing up so I thought with all the aggro I'd had with that simple thing, I didn't think the future boded well for my relationship with Eir so I refused to accept the modem. I contacted Eir and told them I was cancelling the contract. However, this week I've received a bill for over 150 euros for the modem, charges, etc. etc. They are the most disorganised bunch of individuals I have encountered lately and I have encountered a few. Absolute cheek into the bargain. A big NONO for Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Went to Gamestop today to cancel a pre-order on a game coming out in November as my girlfriend had it pre-ordered on Amazon for me as a birthday present and let it slip yesterday. Asked the sales advisor/manager if I could cancel my pre-order and told him the story about my girlfriend pre-ordering it for me. He then becomes rude and obnoxious, trying to force me to transfer the amount onto a different pre-order. I declined his offer as there was no games coming out that I fancied getting and told him I'd like the money back instead. He then stopped communicating with me, threw a receipt on the counter for me to sign and then slams the money on the counter. I took it and thanked him and he didn't even say one word. Last time I'm going to Gamestop anyway, it seems they have a habit of employing rude staff and I wouldn't mind, he was the manager!

Ya unfortunatly gamestop is a bit hit or miss. My brother got me a game when he was in honeymoon in America of course the game would not work so went into my gamestoop to ask did they know how i could return it to there store in the US. Swaped the copy there and then for a new one and said do not worry.

The 1 i use now in limerick there a 2 or 3 very good employees but there is this 1 and you kniw if you get him you will be in for a bit of a crap timee

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

What kind of a feckin system has this crowd got.

They sent me a confirmation email for an NCT appointment which I didn't make. It turned out i would not be able to make this time on a weekday anyway so I called them to cancel it, and advised they would text me when further dates were made available ( i assume they only open dates so far ahead ). Next thing I know I just get another email with confirmation again of an appointment which I again I would not be able to make due to work. This time I emailed them and got a response advising they would cancel that and what times would suit me.

So I emailed back advising my car was being serviced on 16th Nov, test was up at end of Nov, and I would appreciate if they would let me know are there any slots available after 5.30pm on weekdays or on weekends for two different test centres.

Once again today I get an email 'confirming' booking for 5.10pm on Tuesday 15th December which was two weeks after my NCT date.

So I call them again just to see if this was all was available as the time was awkward and the date was after my NCT due date. I said I would take it if this was all they had, Lady said she would check for something better so came back with a slot on a Saturday on 19th December, so i proceeded to explain to her ( in as nice a way as possible ) that this was worse because it was even further from my due date!!
    She said to hold and she would check again and said that she had a time available on Saturday 28th Nov, and would that suit?? Well Yeah!! :rolleyes: She also advised she other slots that day as well available:confused:

Why on earth would this not have been the first booking I got, especially as I had given the times and days that suited. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Incompetent shower of idiots of today is Electric Ireland. Booked a boiler service for today, the appointment slot was confirmed for between 08.00-13.00.

Needless to say the guy never showed up. I appreciate people are busy and can sometimes get delayed but a phonecall takes 30 seconds to make to let a customer know you'll be delayed. I rang them and got the usual smack about a delay on a job and all that blah.

In Electric Irelands favour they are easy to contact on the phone so I suppose they have that going for them.

Bunch of clowns.

Just got a call from Electric Ireland Corporate (or whatever they are called) to apologise and offer me a gas boiler service for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Good
    JB81 wrote: »
    What kind of a feckin system has this crowd got.

They sent me a confirmation email for an NCT appointment which I didn't make. It turned out i would not be able to make this time on a weekday anyway so I called them to cancel it, and advised they would text me when further dates were made available ( i assume they only open dates so far ahead ). Next thing I know I just get another email with confirmation again of an appointment which I again I would not be able to make due to work. This time I emailed them and got a response advising they would cancel that and what times would suit me.

So I emailed back advising my car was being serviced on 16th Nov, test was up at end of Nov, and I would appreciate if they would let me know are there any slots available after 5.30pm on weekdays or on weekends for two different test centres.

Once again today I get an email 'confirming' booking for 5.10pm on Tuesday 15th December which was two weeks after my NCT date.

So I call them again just to see if this was all was available as the time was awkward and the date was after my NCT due date. I said I would take it if this was all they had, Lady said she would check for something better so came back with a slot on a Saturday on 19th December, so i proceeded to explain to her ( in as nice a way as possible ) that this was worse because it was even further from my due date!!
    She said to hold and she would check again and said that she had a time available on Saturday 28th Nov, and would that suit?? Well Yeah!! :rolleyes: She also advised she other slots that day as well available:confused:

Why on earth would this not have been the first booking I got, especially as I had given the times and days that suited. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The whole system is a complete disaster. The online booking system never has most of the available appointments on it. Yet there are available appointments if you can get through to somebody. It looks like they either withhold a lot of slots, or never put cancelled appts back on the system. But it defeats the whole purpose of the online system.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 iLander

Dear Boards,
    I went on here to share my two cents about Komplett.ie shop. You might know this already but here it is. I wish I read other topics or someone actually made one like this before I placed order. I tried to get the i7-6700k, they were leading me on that it's going to come soon for very long. There was no effort on their side to let me know what's the stock status. The only reason I knew about this was because being anxious to get it I was checking the website the whole time for updates. No apologies, no taking responsibility for this, no communication, only blaming suppliers and Intel after asking why the status get constantly extended. That's not the right way to do any business. I can only feel sorry for customer service on the phone.

All I heard is that I'm not alone, in a huge queue and they can't do anything. Also what some people might not be aware of, because it's not obvious, they are from Netherlands. They ship from there. So if you want to save yourself some time, if you think of buying from them: don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You might get more help http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/242
    Seems someone else (the top topic) has the same problem as yourself.

Thanks Ste-, but I'm past getting help. I want other people to be aware, and so they can avoid disappointment by trusting this company. I unfortunately bought before that post came to be. I am really surprised that people are in a worse situation then I am, especially before making the decision I seen other shops making shippments! I bought all the other equipment and it's just lying there useless waiting for the CPU for so long. It's frustration that I want to spare you guys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

In the interest of balance, I've ordered from Komplett many times and never had a problem with them.

If Komplett aren't receiving the processors from Intel, I'm not sure what else they can do other than push the delivery date out.

Graham wrote: »
    In the interest of balance, I've ordered from Komplett many times and never had a problem with them.

If Komplett aren't receiving the processors from Intel, I'm not sure what else they can do other than push the delivery date out.

How about let me know, so I can get it somewhere else? How about being honest?

There's nothing in either of your previous posts that suggests Komplett are being dishonest, you've only mentioned the delivery date keeps getting extended.

Have you considered cancelling your order and getting it elsewhere?

How do you call extending the date WITHOUT letting the client know? For me honesty is saying OUT OF STOCK, dishonesty is silently moving the date by couple of days each time. Do you know now they extended to 50 and later on to 70 days? Wonder if there was any communication about that.

I did cancel of course, after being led on for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Never had complaints with komplett brought my whole pc and loads of other things off it,you must just be unluckey.

kodistar wrote: »
    Never had complaints with komplett brought my whole pc and loads of other things off it,you must just be unluckey.

You come to recognize a company by how they handle difficult situations. I ordered as well recently from another company that had external issues. They were proactive and honest. One step ahead, can't complain.

Komplett locked me with them to the point I am losing money. They weren't the only choice, I could have ordered from a UK company @ €20 more then. Now, since the demand is increasing and I have been waiting so long, the prices gone up by ~€100! If the situation was clear I could have gone to someone else without spending a lot more. As far as I spoke to them they didn't get ANY stock since the beginning of OCTOBER! Why did they keep on saying 'stock in 2 days'?? How is this fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Parky2

So you could have ordered for €20 elsewhere and now the prices are up by €100? Clever what?

iLander wrote: »
    Why did they keep on saying 'stock in 2 days'?? How is this fair?

I can understand why you'd be frustrated, at the same time we have no idea what they were told by their supplier.

Parky2 wrote: »
    So you could have ordered for €20 elsewhere and now the prices are up by €100? Clever what?

What?

Parky2 wrote: »

I can see the OPs logic. Why would you go somewhere else when a legitimate supplier is offering the same product for €20.

I can understand why you'd be frustrated, at the same time we have no idea what they were told by their supplier.

What they were or they weren't told, I am not the one whose job is to maintain the relationship with said supplier.
    Why would you go somewhere else when a legitimate supplier is offering the same product for €20.

€20 less* ;)

What they were or they weren't told, I am not the one whose job is to maintain the relationship with said supplier.

In the complete absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'd give Komplett the benefit of the doubt and take at face value that they're passing on whatever information they're getting from their supplier. In this instance, that appears to result in the shipping date being pushed out.

I'm not sure if you'd like them to magic supplies from somewhere or give you a guaranteed date for something which is ultimately out of their control. Either way the fact remains, in my experience Komplett have been a reasonable company to deal with.

With that, I'm out. As I said, I only posted to give some balance.

I'm not sure if you'd like them to magic supplies from somewhere or give you a guaranteed date for something which is ultimately out of their control. Either way the fact remains, in my experience Komplett have been a reasonable company to deal with.

Dear Graham, I appreciate your effort trying to understand the issue. However, I thought I was quite specific about the lack of communication and leading me on, no?

Let me give you some perspective, a company managing your building communicates to you by putting posters that the following day and the day after there is not going to be any water. How pissed off are you 0-10? Situation B. You come home and there is no water. The next day still no water. How pissed off are you 0-10?

Also where did I mention magic? I don't know if you worked in a customer facing line of business but if you did, you should know that you are then the one responsible for stock availability, choosing suppliers and dealing with them and making sure clients get informed asap. Good luck with pushing the blame onto your supplier (which, let's be clear, is not Intel in this case but there is another 3rd party) with a business customer.

Lack of evidence? If there was an issue on Intel side they would be forced by whole-sellers to issue a statement. Have you seen a statement? Also how come some shops can come clean and put OUT OF STOCK status and change it once they have it in, and Komplett can't? For at least over a month now? This clearly isn't bad management on their side, right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If there was an issue on Intel side they would be forced by whole-sellers to issue a statement. Have you seen a statement? Also how come some shops can come clean and put OUT OF STOCK status and change it once they have it in, and Komplett can't? For at least over a month now? This clearly isn't bad management on their side, right?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/97585406
    Unfortunately we received many orders but are receiving stock only in a sparingly fashion. When stock arrived it is usually between 5-10 products eventhough we have over 100 in order with our suppliers.
    We're currently requesting when new stock arrives but sadly I cannot give you any guarantee of when your order will be shipped as that is both dependant on how much stock we receive within one delivery and how many where earlier with ordering.

As soon as we receive new stock you can count on the fact that we'll ship it the same day to all our customers who are already in line.
    Our sincere apologies for the long wait, we're doing the best we can to get everything to everyone as soon as possible

• Advertisement

Graham, thank you, this effectively proves it should be changed to out of stock and blocked from further purchases until outstanding orders are dealt with. Doing otherwise is, as you can tell, bad management. Also it is posted in unofficial forum, unaffiliated (I should hope) with the company, and not on the website. Neither has there been any mention to me in email or over the phone of ANY queue and that 'stock in 2 days' means '5 processors in 2 days' when I was asking around the same date this has been posted.

Advertisement