Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Mr E wrote: »
    This kind of stuff isn't going to fly any more, cloptrop. The next post about advocating violence against a character in Fair City will earn you a 7 day ban from the forum.
    Fair enough

I really hope damien and david stay friends now that he has apologised. Dermot got a bit too touchy feely with the bird in his gaf at one stage I was near roaring at the telly to tell him to beware of the lawsuits.
    Leo should be a scientist or something hes too eccentric to be a cab boss.
    I think Ester stole bens spiderman top as well as the passport.

ben you little **** stfu LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

ben you little **** stfu LOL

"i want to be a van driver, like Germish"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

MJ23 wrote: »

Was it just me, or did the rest of ye not understand that ad for ages!!! I couldn't figure out for weeks until someone pointed out to me that the other kids were in fact, the mam & dad:P

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Fittle wrote: »
    MJ23 wrote: »

Was it just me, or did the rest of ye not understand that ad for ages!!! I couldn't figure out for weeks until someone pointed out to me that the other kids were in fact, the mam & dad:P
    Same! Only copped when I realised they were wearin the same clothes. I can think of far better ways to spend my saturdays than filling my child with processed mulsh! Bens actor is going to grow up and massacre his stage school parents for pimping him out!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

This thread has been ruined by a small minority of people who care more about massaging their own egos and made the sharing of the enjoyment of the show impossible...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Here we go again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

This thread has been ruined by a small minority of people who care more about massaging their own egos and made the sharing of the enjoyment of the show impossible...:(

Not really. I do not get to post here as often as I would like to. In my opinion everybody is entitled to say what they think within reason. I do feel some keyboard warriors post pretty nasty comments about characters purely to generate a reaction from others:) but there are some of us here who genueinely enjoy Fair City on the good nights and the bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Well I've been here for years and still like posting in the thread.

I couldnt agree with you more silvio , although I find the sharing of enjoyment in the show would start again if a good storyline came along , we are bored forum posters , we arnt getting much food for posting good since dermi threw jo out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 jenny30

But there's a lot going on at the moment. Lucy for a start. Who the hell is she and what is the fascination with Dolores? It has a lot of us talking about it whether or not you like the character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shatstand

The reason the kids were taken from Dermot is that he is havin' to yank himself off around the clock because he's not getting proper sex with girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Dermot would never have won the appeal. He's been seen hanging around the entrance to a primary school far too much lately. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Louise has gone into a coma and Bella has lost his passport, oh the humanity.

Just send Louise a little bell by express post, she can communicate like Rita once she comes out of the coma.

If Dermot really wanted to punish Jo, why didn't he make her take the little demon child with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Great acting from Dermot tonight, from the scene with Tommy to the one with Ben, he was brilliant.

In all fairness to Ben he did good for a fc child actor tonight. That harry hippo sounds like a great read , Im gonna get it on amazon .
    They will never take him away , if I was there id hve laughed and said remember you said that to the girls , would have been wholely inappropriate but I just cant resist the temptation to scare the bejaysus out of small children.
    Why didnt yer wn just preetend she found the passport on the road.
    Tommy Dillon looks slightly more silver than usual , he feeds on mens wives to keep him young , he is well due a piece of ass.
    Who will be the next victim of the silver fox?
    My moneys on Val shes gagging for it. Tommy likes them like that , he does enough groundwork during tidy towns and farming , he doesnt like it in his private life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I reckon Val and Christy will definitely get together, I think that they would be better suited anyway.

I can't believe how heartless Esther was tonight, what a witch to do that to poor old Bella :eek:. I'm loving Dermot at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I reckon Val and Christy will definitely get together, I think that they would be better suited anyway.

I can't believe how heartless Esther was tonight, what a witch to do that to poor old Bella :eek:. I'm loving Dermot at the moment :)

Christy's a lucky man. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

The homeless old dude (who lives in his van) is a priest on Father Ted on RTE 2 now. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

I actually think the atmosphere on this thread has improved. Sure, there's the usual few eejits saying things to be outrageous and offensive, but there's less hysterical reaction to them, less feeding the trolls. Everyone is more or less free to say what they want, subject to the Mods. The key is not to take any of it personally. If you're offended, report rather than respond. Night night. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

So is Louise returning then? I assume she'll get better and return with Bella and Suzanne in a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

edwood wrote: »
    So is Louise returning then? I assume she'll get better and return with Bella and Suzanne in a few weeks?

Will it be the original Louise or a new version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I was out in RTE on Tuesday. (my hubby's cousin works there and was showing us round. Was in the canteen and saw a few of the cast. Saw Pete, Dolores and Wayne. 3 of my favs!! Also saw Caoimhe and Decco!! Oh the horror of knowing we have those two 'de niros' gracing our screens soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I'm finding it very hard to feel sorry for Dermot, he's acting as if he's the only person who has ever been cheated on, I think it's so selfish the way he banished Jo to Cork without even stopping to think what it would do to Ben.

I would have thought with him being a foster parent that he would have put the foster kids first aswell but the only person he has thought about in this situation is himself.

I hope that's the end of his storylines for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

el diablo wrote: »
    The homeless old dude (who lives in his van) is a priest on Father Ted on RTE 2 now. :)

Nearly died when I saw Cass Cassidy on Ted..

"Is there ANYTHING to be said for having another mass??" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Tayla wrote: »
    I'm finding it very hard to feel sorry for Dermot, he's acting as if he's the only person who has ever been cheated on, I think it's so selfish the way he banished Jo to Cork without even stopping to think what it would do to Ben.

I would have thought with him being a foster parent that he would have put the foster kids first aswell but the only person he has thought about in this situation is himself.

I hope that's the end of his storylines for a while now.

I dont agree, I think he was dead right to kick her out of the house. He even said he never wants to see her again. Im not sure if it's totally his house or what but I presume it is so he had every right.

What is unbelievable is that Jo agreed to leave the house, and indeed leave her son. Obviously we know that the actress who plays Jo needed to be written out as she was having a baby, but in the real world I find it very hard to believe that that would happen.

I think its pretty much just a case of every1 wishing she took Ben with her to Cork... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Jo definitely wouldn't have left without a fight. She was always the dominant partner in the relationship and the Dermot that hates her so much is not the same Dermot that left little leaving presents for his foster children. In real life Dermot would have taken Jo back. Maybe that's what'll happen in a few months when maternity leave is over! Dying to find out what Lucy is up to, I just wish Wayne would open his eyes and stop thinkin with his trousers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement