Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Bible and prostitutation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Wicknight wrote: »
    Every sin is a sin committed against God. Which means God is where you go for forgiveness for what you have done wrong. Which is kinda handy because God is always there in your head and will always forgive you. Convenient, no?.

No you don't understand. Not just convenient but necessary. God is the ultimate authority. Within our human system our courts are the ultimate authority. If someone commits a crime within our society they are judged by the courts and reprimanded by the courts. After serving their time they then can go about their lives regardless of what the injured party thinks.

Do you understand this concept?

Do you know anyone who has ever "gone to God" and God has said "No, actually I'm not forgiving you today? Come back tomorrow"

I've been asked many times on this forum why I reject God, do I not want to be forgiven for my sins.

I must say, in all honesty, I find this system completely without merit, and its very hard to see it as anything other than an easy way to relieve one's own guilt about things that are actually difficult to seek real forgiveness for..[/QUOTE]

Of course you find it without merit. Because you can not in all your smugness even consider that there is a being that is more intelligent than you that you are beholden to for your life. So you poo-poo Him and all His followers as being a pack of idiots.

Because if they are a pack of idiots then your smarter and that feeds your ego. Then you will twist people words in order to make them sound foolish, so your ego gets fed even more.

In the final analysis: Are you genuinely interested in Christian answers or are you going to continue to twist people words and troll for fights?

If the latter, then you would be welcome to stay away.
    Wicknight wrote: »
    [/Its all very well for you guys to say that after conversion a Christian is supposed to go out and make mends for what they have done, but I'm pretty sure this is done with a rather smug absence of guilt on the part of the Christian because to them they have already been forgiven for what they have done. And if it doesn't happen its not going to make the person feel any less forgiven.

And none of what you guys are telling me is convincing me otherwise.

But as I said, this thread is going way off topic.

If it never will convince you otherwise, then why do you hang out here?

Advertisement