Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic Line Up

• 20-04-2005 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

sat 3rd sept:

fatboy slim
    flaming lips
    damien dempsey
    arcade fire
    royskopp
    laurent garnier
    stereo mc's
    mixmaster mike
    toots and the maytals
    amp fiddler
    asian dub foundation

sun 4th sept:

nick cave and the bad seeds
    mercury rev
    2 many dj's
    de la soul
    kruger & dorfmeister
    human league
    nouvelle vague
    mr scruff

Really looking forward to this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Oh my! Im getting all tingly! I really hope it's not on the same weekend as Hard Working Class Heros again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nice and late aswell, just before the final year of college starts.
    Looking forward to seeing, The Arcade Fire, Toots, Mixmaster Mike, Flaming Lips... Its worth going just for Saturday alone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Can't confirm this anywhere, but if it's true then I'm very interested in The Flaming Lips and The Arcade Fire. Would go see Mixmaster Mike and Asian Dub Foundation (for the laugh) but otherwise... meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭almostagassi

i cant believe fatboy slim is playing at anything, hes crap. at least crappy boybands and britney dont pretend to be musicians.

nick cave, the thinking man's leonard cohen, what a guy. cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im not a huge fan of Fatboy slim, but Ive seen him a few times and his DJ sets are actually quite good, They may not be skillfully good, but he makes the crowd go nuts, Kinda like 2manyDJ's for the average Joe soap. If its a sunny day he would be a great laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

mmm nick cave... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

seeing toots and the arcade fire in the same day? wow!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ya bring this on, cave, merc rev, flaming lips, toots, fantastic...

EDit: and the human league... ' you were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

It's missing the go! team though. add them and you've got yourself a festival! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

This is the lineup from the press release

Fatboy Slim
    Kraftwerk
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
    Flaming Lips
    Royksopp
    Arcade Fire
    Mercury Rev
    Damien Dempsey
    Toots & the Maytals
    Goldfraap
    Stereo MC's
    Mixmaster Mike
    DJ Sneak
    Asian Dub Foundation
    Laurent Garnier
    De La Soul
    Radio Soulwax/2 Many Dj's
    Human League
    Amp Fiddler
    Nouvelle Vague
    Mr Scruff

Better than Oxegen at any rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Kraftwerk!
    Royksopp!!
    Damien Dempsey!!!
    Goldfrapp!!!!
    Radio Soulwax/2 Many Dj's!!!!!

ROOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Any word on when the tickets go on sale? Cant wait already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

on sale today ... they dont waste much time do they

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I hope they solve the problems with transport they had last year, All busses from dublin dissapeared pretty fast. Had to get a bus to port lois and a taxi to the gig, loads of people were then stranded because there were only return tickets for getting back. A gang of us had to set up camp in the paintballing forest until morning, forced to survive with only the stuff in our pockets, I hunted, killed and ate 3 field mice and an SFA roadie in order to survive. Swore a solem pact never to speak of this canabalistic ritual, but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

thats just beautiful, its delacratic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

sweet lineup alright, saturday will definitely be class.

Does anyone know how much the tickets are, tis fair early to be buying tickets for a gig at the end of the summer.

Wonder what the camping would be like, seeing as how there was none last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

is there gonna be camping at it this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

camping at the grounds this year afaik.

waiting for the next town meeting about it to get more details :)

all I need now is free tickets...but I'll prolly work for the two days straight. Need the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

John2 is very excited. John2 needs tickets. John2 needs to coerce girlfriend into driving to the festival. John2 no longer regrets missing Wittegen/Oxeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Flaming Lips, Arcade Fire, Kraftwerk, 2 Many DJs, Human League, Fatboy Slim, Tommy Teirnan... that's a cracking line-up.

Got my ticket yesterday, should be a great laugh. It'll be a much nicer crowd and a more laid back weekend than Oxegen at any rate. Hope the weather's good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

It would really want to be a lot better organised than last year.....stages WAY too close together.....the most lackluster looking (see: slow-ass) beer staff in the history of beer staff (including any of the feile's).

But....a very good line-up (the F.Lips, Nick Cave and Mixmaster Mike are Definate musts!) with a camping atmos may prevail in lovely Laois in September; may we all meet up and collectively plan how we will all be in washing our hair for the weekend of Slane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dont be a stranger when yer on the town people. Call into me working in Rams pub > in the lounge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

antifyre wrote:
    It would really want to be a lot better organised than last year.....stages WAY too close together.....

Apparently the site is going to be four times bigger than last year so that should help. If the weather is as good as last year it'll be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

Yeh, the site will be 4 times bigger but there's only 10,000 more tickets being sold. NekkidBibleMan: 'laid back'?? Everyone there last year was off their noggins on pills. As the designated driver, I of course noticed this more that most but it was like creamfields or something. I love the lineup for both but its a decidedly odd mix... Damien Dempsy fans collide with fatboyslim fans? whoa! It is all good though. Camping should be a bit more civilised than Oxygen considering its an older agegroup. Tickets are good value at €135 for 2 day + camping.
    Anyone else squeal with glee when they saw 'The falming lips' on the lineup??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

I dont think there will be any "clashing of fans". I like Fatboy Slim - Old Stuff and DJ Sets - and I like Damien Dempsey. I thik the Balance is just about right. Anyone who appreciates music will have a ball at this. With or without Pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah I can't wait

Advertisement