Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is the database for calculating routes, distances and demands down?

http://am.n00b.hk/ - is irresponsive

the alternate: http://airlinemanager.co.cc - doesn't give any indication of demands.......

?

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

smccarrick wrote: »
    Is the database for calculating routes, distances and demands down?

http://am.n00b.hk/ - is irresponsive

the alternate: http://airlinemanager.co.cc - doesn't give any indication of demands.......

?

Anyone know?

It's been down for me too since last night. Tried the 'suggest a route' option on AM and got loads of crap suggestions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Hitting all my goals:

Fleet is standardised to 10 types:
    A318 -- 15
    A318 Elite - 16
    A319 -- 29
    A320 -- 35
    A321 -- 61
    A342 -- 57
    A388 -- 12
    B744ER --6
    B783 -- 3
    B788 -- 36

270 routes and company value of $927M so nearly at another 2 achievements. Got the $1B in bank and fuel achievement during the week.

Like Kippy I'm going to start concentrating on adding A380s to the fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭hick

here's the 3 I use

http://airlinemanager.co.cc/ Profitable routes
    http://jsu.otlotl.com/ route estimate
    http://am.n00b.hk/ airports and aircraft

the .hk is the best the others are only backup

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Just figured out why i couldnt purchase anybodys stock... since when did the max amout of stock which you can buy decrease down to 1million??:confused:
    It used to be 2 million didnt it? i have over a million stock already bought...

Sold some of my slow moving stock and bought 150k in rolo air :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

electric69 wrote: »
    Just figured out why i couldnt purchase anybodys stock... since when did the max amout of stock which you can buy decrease down to 1million??:confused:
    It used to be 2 million didnt it? i have over a million stock already bought...

Sold some of my slow moving stock and bought 150k in rolo air :D

It was always the case, I had 1,009,000 at one point nothing Larger than that, I dont see why there is a limiti on the amount of stock you can purcahse.

BTW, the next patch will allow alliance membership, that should be a nice change tot he game. I wonder have they also sorted out the Cargo issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

gaff85 wrote: »
    BTW, the next patch will allow alliance membership, that should be a nice change tot he game. I wonder have they also sorted out the Cargo issues.
    Wonder what the benefits of the alliances will be?

Cheaper fuel due bulk buy?
    Transfers of cash/fuel between members?
    Bonus cash from connecting pax?
    Maybe try to link all members hubs for bonus revenue/pax points?

What are the suggested names for the Boards.ie alliance?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dacian wrote: »

What are the suggested names for the Boards.ie alliance?

After Hours Alliance?

Cuckoos Nest Alliance?

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

gaff85 wrote: »

excellent. all we need now is for them to add a few fighter jets and bombers so we can go to war with other alliances.

cybernations - airline manager. :pac:

It will be interesting to see if alliances can compete with each other beyond what individuals are already doing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

clown bag wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if alliances can compete with each other beyond what individuals are already doing at the moment.
    It could be something as simple as pooling fuel resources (so if I'm out of fuel, I can use some of yours and pay you at a marginal rate), or perhaps commisions on flights: So if both you and I operate a flight out of Perth, you get 1% "commission" (paid by AM, not by me) on anything I fly into Perth due to passenger connections. That would generate a lot of cash a bit too quickly though I'd say for big alliances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dyflin wrote: »
    After Hours Alliance?

Cuckoos Nest Alliance?

:D:D

Green Jersey alliance...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

my pilots are on strike but i can still fly my routes? lol

my pilots are on strike but i can still fly my routes? lol

Yes- you're using contract pilots on a hell of a lot more than your regular pilots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

<qoute> Green Jersey alliance...wink.gif<quote>

ya I'd have to agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Grifair Update:

Fleet
    B737-800 x 2
    A319-200 x 6
    A320-200 x 7
    A330-300 x 6
    BAe146 x 65
    B777-200LR x 1
    A321-200 x 22
    B787-8 x 2
    A318 Elite x 9
    A318-100 x 9
    A340-200 x 8
    A319-100CJ x 11
    B747-100 x 2
    CRJ 100 x 1

[IMG]http://server222.server.activewebs.dk/am/route_graph_all.php?id=100000136084690&xTvCbSh028J=2009-12-18 23:44:26[/IMG]

Stocks

$15.19

Notes

Boeing have been introduced to the fleet, our boeing fleet will continue to grow.

Transatlantic services from Dublin will be expaned by 50% and will all be operated by Airbus A330-300 type aircraft.

Griffair have cancelled its order for 6 Airbus A380 type aircraft and have instead ordered 6 boeing 747-800 type aircraft. These will operate from our Sydney hub and will enter service at a rate of two a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

http://am.n00b.hk/ - back up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

A short update for Hibernian Airlines shareholders. Transatlantic expansion has been completed with 106 TA routes. Share price is now $19.09. Like a few others I'm now saving up for A380s and I will start expanding eastwards shortly. There are a small number of shares still available if anyone is interested.

Current Fleet:

B737 - 17
    B747 - 1
    B757 - 10
    B767 - 72
    B787 - 2
    A318 - 3
    A340 - 1

image4ai.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Only 3 more countries to go and I've a flight from Dublin to every country. Will shortly be buying 6 B747s to service the last 3 countries so theres still some shares left to buy in OMAC Airlines

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

currently flying:

B767-200ER - 18
    B757-300 - 2
    Legacy 500 - 2
    Yak-42D - 48
    BAC 111-500 - 6
    B737-200C - 38
    B707 - 170

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

3?

I think you're missing a few more than that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 griffo2002ie

No I think hes just about there alright. Looks very impressive I have to say.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Advertisement

Shzm wrote: »
    3?

I think you're missing a few more than that :)

actually your right it's 5 forgot fiji and solomen islands :o

Fiji, Papau New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Singapore

That's atleast 6.

Fiji, Papau New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Singapore

That's atleast 6.

cant fly to alot of the smaller islands such as Crete , Samoa etc . I've been marking em off as I go on a world map so anywhere that cant be flown to I've also marked off.

99429.gif

Pago Pago is Samoa :)

American Samoa, but yeah.

Pago Pago is Samoa :)

American Samoa, but yeah.

aaah sweet cheers , geographys never been my strong point :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Is anyone operating the Airbus A350-800? Im looking to invest in a few and would like some feedback.

Cheers

Griffair
    Your Airline

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Is anyone operating the Airbus A350-800? Im looking to invest in a few and would like some feedback.

Cheers

Griffair
    Your Airline

I've one on the Dublin-Perth route. Pulls in a consistent 1.2m per flight- with a full passenger load (270). I've not been monitoring fuel efficiency- but I believe its pretty ok.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Thanks to everyone who's invested in Gardair. Share's are now gone above $4 and a climbing consistently. Just took delivery of my 2nd 747 and plan on having a 3rd in a day or two.

Those who haven't invested yet, take a look.

Gardair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭crisco10

http://afi-gaming.net/am/index.php?sortby=name&sort=desc

looks handy. Haven't investigated it fully yet though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

DubAir Airlines has hit the 100 routes mark. 84 are operated by 787-8s,they're my work horses. Share price has rocketed up to $31.43.
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=699038213

Advertisement