Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

park tickets Orlando

• 30-03-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

Am travelling to Orlando with my boyfriend for 2 weeks in June, have never been before. Was checking out the 4 or 5 park tickets which offer unlimited access to the parks for 14 days, has anyone purchased these and are they good value? Also does this just cover entrance to the parks or cost of the rides as well?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BJJDUB

AC1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Am travelling to Orlando with my boyfriend for 2 weeks in June, have never been before. Was checking out the 4 or 5 park tickets which offer unlimited access to the parks for 14 days, has anyone purchased these and are they good value? Also does this just cover entrance to the parks or cost of the rides as well?

Thanks

There are soooo many options - you can get tickets which give access to the parks for several days. However Disney passes will only allow you into the Disney Parks, Universal will only allow you into the Universal Parks or affilliated parks etc. etc. I am not aware of an pass that permits access into all of the parks - o consider in advance what paeks you want to go to.

The entrance fee (ticket to the park) covers the cost of the rides i.e. you buy a pass to enter - then the rides are free. You do of course pay for food etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

disney do various options for tickets but they only cover their own parks. there is a ticket that covers universal,wet & wild,seaworld and busch gardens in tampa. you'll find desks in most hotels in orlando selling these. just beware of some of the booths in orlando offering cut-price disney tickets,most are time-share ploys and only worth it if your willing to put up with the sales patter to say no at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bosco9871

Go to www.attractionticketsdirect.co.uk . I searched alot of sites & found these to be the best. They will match other prices if you find cheaper. They also give kids eat free meal cards if you spend a certain amount. They post free within 7 days. I am going to Orlando for 3rd time in June.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

disney parks are really for younger kids so i would nt bother if i were you !go with lord lucan said and go for the universal 5 park ticket you can use it in any of the five parks he mentioned but buy it online from universal.com you have to buy this ticket a week or so before you go afaik and btw it rains a lot in june so bring your water proofs!!!;)

ps theres a new waterpark opening next month too which belongs to seaworld(its across the road from it)so that should be part of that flexi ticket too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 toy6100

hi there are so many options in buying theme park tickets for Orlando this will be my 6th year running in going over to Orlando here is a Quick guide in tickets and parks

Disney has a few theme parks magic kingdom , Epcot, Hollywood studios, animal kingdom and i think they have 2 water parks you can buy direct from them Disney , the ticket we use is a 14 day unlimited tick which allows you to use the ticket for any Disney theme park as many times as you want in 14 days which is good , we buy that in the Disney Belfast store for 175 sterling

Universal has 5 theme parks+ water parks universal studios , islands of adventure, sea world , aquatica and Busch gardens once again you can buy them online off universal , the ticket were going for this year is an Orlando flexi ticket which will give admission to studios, ioa sea world and aqutica for 150 euro direct from universal great value once again its a 14 day unlimited admission

The big thing is do your research before you go and see wat you want to do and experience Disney is more for family's and the rides match that but have some great rides as for universal there theme parks are more for teens and up some of the best roller coasters . this website is good and has info on all the parks rides shows best time to go and get the most out of the Parks take it its your first time going well its the best time going need any more advice just ask www.themeparkinsider.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Check out undercovertourist.com for Disney tickets. If you use the special link via mousesavers.com website (and their monthly email), it's even cheaper. Best value for Disney tickets, which are never discounted.
    Also with the exchange rate, try to book via either USD or GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

AC1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

the 5 parks tickets are good value, they cover all the rides in the park except a few small things (sky tower in seaworld which costs $3 and paddleboats also at seaworld which cost something similiar). The package also covers free transportation every morning from orlando to tampa (where busch gardens is located).

you can also buy the tickets on their own, the advance purchase at $89 for seaworld/Busch good for 7 days http://commerce.4adventure.com/eStore/scripts/skins/swf/ticketsmultidaySWBG.aspx

and universal/ioa 2 park unlimited ticket at $79 also good for 7 days with free admission to universal citywalks nightclubs and bars http://www.universalorlando.com/tickets.html

Wet and wild is also a great park and well worth a visit https://websales.omniticket.com/WWO/index.cfm?action=FLEX&tab=0

i don't know anything about seaworld's aquatica as it has just opened

you can enter and re-enter the parks as many times as you like with your tickets. I am just back today from my second trip to orlando and having everything booked and printed before i went saved me so much hassle at the gates, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

This ticket is the best value allowing you total freedom of all Disney Parks, as many parks as you like a day. Great value. Check out:
    http://www.undercovertourist.com/united-states/florida/orlando/attractions/magic-kingdom.html#6

You can only buy these tickets here before you go. You cannot buy these tickets on the gate or in Orlando. They are aimed at the many Irish&UK families that have holiday homes etc over there.

To save even more money on this ticket...log on to www.mousesavers.com
    and sign up for their newsletter when it arrives a few days later there will be a secret link to the above site and the above ticket will be a bit cheaper. Worth waiting for. Mousesavers give great tips too.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

This ticket is the best value allowing you total freedom of all Disney Parks, as many parks as you like a day. Great value. Check out:
    http://www.undercovertourist.com/united-states/florida/orlando/attractions/magic-kingdom.html#6

You can only buy these tickets here before you go. You cannot buy these tickets on the gate or in Orlando. They are aimed at the many Irish&UK families that have holiday homes etc over there.

To save even more money on this ticket...log on to www.mousesavers.com
    and sign up for their newsletter when it arrives a few days later there will be a secret link to the above site and the above ticket will be a bit cheaper. Worth waiting for. Mousesavers give great tips too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Peckley

Did anyone get this months newsletter ? I signed up today but the newsletters are sent on the 15th so I wont get it :(. Heading to Orlando 2 weeks tomorrow :D. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Peckley

Did anyone get this months Mousesavers newsletter ? I signed up today but the newsletters are sent on the 15th so I wont get it :(. Heading to Orlando 2 weeks tomorrow :D. Thanks

Advertisement