Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo Gig Slots available

Options
  • 08-03-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

There's an acoustic night in a venue in Foxford, Mayo, next week on Paddy's Day (Mach 17). It's free to play, you can do covers or originals and will be about 6/7 songs each, though that's flexible. Just a bit of craic and an enjoyable way to spend Paddy's Day!

Hope to hear back, any more questions feel free to ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭shamsteak

So basically you want people to play for nothing??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

ZephyrGigs wrote: »
    There's an acoustic night in a venue in Foxford, Mayo, next week on Paddy's Day (Mach 17). It's free to play, you can do covers or originals and will be about 6/7 songs each, though that's flexible. Just a bit of craic and an enjoyable way to spend Paddy's Day!

Really. I thought there was a tax on playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ZephyrGigs

It's an Open Mic, for people who enjoy playing music and having an evening with other musicians and good atmosphere. Original material is also welcome. If you only enjoy playing music to make money, that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

ZephyrGigs wrote: »

Hi,

Just wondering can you come to my house on Paddy's Day? I'm having a good few mates over. If you could supply 6/7 pints to everyone that be great however we are flexible on the amount we drink. It would be all given to us for free. Just a bit of craic and an enjoyable way to spend Paddy's Day!

Hope to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ZephyrGigs

Hi,

Just wondering can you come to my house on Paddy's Day? I'm having a good few mates over. If you could supply 6/7 pints to everyone that be great however we are flexible on the amount we drink. It would be all given to us for free. Just a bit of craic and an enjoyable way to spend Paddy's Day!

Hope to hear back.
    Booked up on Paddy's Day, evidently by my original post. If you'd like us to provide live music for your party for another date, please get in touch.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭greenpilot

So, I guess some people never learn...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885218

Tip: Musicians don't play for Free.......ever.

Stick a note up in your local Centra or Supervalue and you might get a better response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

greenpilot wrote: »
    So, I guess some people never learn...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885218

Tip: Musicians don't play for Free.......ever.

Stick a note up in your local Centra or Supervalue and you might get a better response.

Thanks for that. Dupe thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement