Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Was the Haitian earthquake man-made? [Mod warning post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Don't backseat mod, mysterious. It's against the forum charter.

Agreed I didn't realise it was so, but I asked him a question, and thats all I wanted a notiifcation on.
    If he can't discuss the theory and just call it redicolous, this thread will die like every other one.:rolleyes:

If it were so deemed to be back seat modding I apologise. It was not the intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Algernon wrote: »
    So this forum is reserved only for those who agree with each other? That's a bit childish.

Please read the charter.

This forum may not be reserved for those who agree with each other, but people who make comments like "childish" are not wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

mysterious wrote: »
    Agreed I didn't realise it was so, but I asked him a question, and thats all I wanted a notiifcation on.
    If he can't discuss the theory and just call it redicolous, this thread will die like every other one.:rolleyes:

If it were so deemed to be back seat modding I apologise. It was not the intent.

Please read the charter.
    Discussing moderation in-thread is a no-no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Some posts here should be peer reviewed by geologists in order to prevent future tragedies.
    Seriously, the country isn't finished burying it's dead and people are spreading nonsense already, disgraceful.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

What money would you like America to be giving?

America is screwed with Debt, Bush put them in a massive hole with his wars.

Do you have any idea how much it costs for the US to even deploy in Haiti?

And if you dont want to ring up Obama and put your money in his personnal account give it to one of the many regisitered charitys.

Also can you please stick to facts of the topic and not what you think is true.

How about some of the 3 Billion dollars that Israel got last year??

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

fontanalis wrote: »
    Some posts here should be peer reviewed by geologists in order to prevent future tragedies.
    Seriously, the country isn't finished burying it's dead and people are spreading nonsense already, disgraceful.

Please read the opening post in this thread. Posts like your's are against the rules. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

What has that to do with the disaster in Haiti?

But just as a side note. The Israelis were the first to deliver aid to Haiti after the disaster. I'm sure however this can also be twisted to fit into a Zionist conspiracy:rolleyes:.

Israel’s relief efforts to Haiti, include the following:

* A field hospital, the only hospital in operation, with 40 doctors, 25 nurses, paramedics, a pharmacy, a children's ward, a radiology department, an intensive care unit, an emergency room, two operating rooms, a surgical department, an internal department and a maternity ward. The hospital can treat approximately 500 patients each day, and in addition will perform preliminary surgeries.

* A search-and-rescue team, which has rescued about five people from under the rubble.

* 220 personnel in total

* Dozens of truckloads of medical and logistical equipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Please read the opening post in this thread. Posts like your's are against the rules. Thanks.

Seems like evidence is aswell, don't worry I won't post here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well that is a completely different topic isn't it.

Haiti holds no strategical advantage for the US, but unfortunately Bush completely screwed the global image of the US so now they are dammed if they do and Dammed if they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

With a little research it seems that HAARP is probably a little more than a conspiracy theory, the atmospheric research facility in Alaska has existed for some time now it seems.The idea that the US would use this technology against Haiti seems absurd till we start discovering the real agenda behind the US heavy handed occupancy of the island.There have been claims of oil reserves on the island by credible sources and im sure they have their own designs on using this country as a south american base.Personally id say when it comes to US foreign military policy anything is possible.
    There is also a thread about Chavez's comments on the political section which has revoked a lot of debate.
    Heres an article about earthquake weapons by sen. Ron Paul back in 2008
    http://www.dailypaul.com/node/57275

• Advertisement

espinolman wrote: »

Wow, America has relief aid on stand by incase its needed. Well thats just shocking, they even trained for the disasters. And so soon after the PR disaster that Katrina was, have they no shame. And to top it all they based it in Miami which is a major air traffic hub of the US. Them devious gits. :rolleyes:

yekahs wrote: »

But just as a side note. The Israelis were the first to deliver aid to Haiti after the disaster. I'm sure however this can also be twisted to fit into a Zionist conspiracy:rolleyes:.

Israel’s relief efforts to Haiti, include the following:

* A field hospital, the only hospital in operation, with 40 doctors, 25 nurses, paramedics, a pharmacy, a children's ward, a radiology department, an intensive care unit, an emergency room, two operating rooms, a surgical department, an internal department and a maternity ward. The hospital can treat approximately 500 patients each day, and in addition will perform preliminary surgeries.

* A search-and-rescue team, which has rescued about five people from under the rubble.

* 220 personnel in total

* Dozens of truckloads of medical and logistical equipment

Yeah, anyway...or the 10 Billion Obama gave to Goldman Sachs, who just happened to be Obama's largest campaign contributer. A greater figure that Haiti's GDP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SeanRyan747

I very much doubt the earthquake itself was man made but pretty much all non natural disasters are. Stephen Price wrote a great article in the Sunday Business Post yesterday about this........
    http://www.thepost.ie/story/eygbidmhoj/#mon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

im sure they have their own designs on using this country as a south american base.

Huh?? :confused:

Haiti is in the Caribbean - not in South America and they already have a base in the Caribbean called Guantanamo Bay (which is only a few hundred km from the Haitian coastline).

Now if the conspiracy is that the US are taking advantage of this natural disaster for their own benefit then that is arguable, but the conspiracy being discussed here is that the US caused the earthquake for which there is zero evidence/foundation for. It's a 'theory' without any substance whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yeah, anyway...or the 10 Billion Obama gave to Goldman Sachs, who just happened to be Obama's largest campaign contributer. A greater figure that Haiti's GDP.

What has this got to do with Haiti?? And for your information Goldman Sachs repaid the TARP money with interest to the US taxpayer.

I very much doubt the earthquake itself was man made but pretty much all non natural disasters are. Stephen Price wrote a great article in the Sunday Business Post yesterday about this........
    http://www.thepost.ie/story/eygbidmhoj/#mon

Good article but you cant really blame the passengers. The cruise liner would dock there if they liked it or not, it didn't go there because of the quake, it went there because thats where its chartered to go, it has no choice. And Mr Price isn't there with them so i think its unfair of him to comment without knowing what the passengers are actually up to he is just assuming. And the quake didn't just affect Port au-Prince, for all he know them tourists could be out there digging in the ruins with the natives.

On the subject of Armed Marines, how would you expect them to hand out Aid when armed gangs are roaming the streets and taking what they want, how would you like them to defend civilains against looters?

You mean like the invasion in the aftermath of Katrina? There were bogus reports of violence and chaos then if you remember correctly, just before they sent in the now disgraced Blackwater.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Huh?? :confused:

Haiti is in the Caribbean - not in South America and they already have a base in the Caribbean called Guantanamo Bay (which is only a few hundred km from the Haitian coastline).

• They are currently building the 5th largest US embassy in the WORLD in port-au-prince.
    • Haiti has oil
    • Obviously its location is of strategic value
    • The CIA has removed the now exiled democratically elected President Aristide.

You mean like the invasion in the aftermath of Katrina? There were bogus reports of violence and chaos then if you remember correctly, just before they sent in the now disgraced Blackwater.

Theres a recent clip on the web of Vigilantes in Haiti catching a looter, tyeing him up, dragging him naked threw the street, beating him with large wooden sticks then burning him alive. There are also other photos of mobs with machetes doing pretty much what ever they want.

What would you suggest they do about the escaped convicted killers no set loose also?

Haiti is known for its violent unrest.

I would post the video but its a insta ban.

• Advertisement

Theres a recent clip on the web of Vigilantes in Haiti catching a looter, tyeing him up, dragging him naked threw the street, beating him with large wooden sticks then burning him alive. There are also other photos of mobs with machetes doing pretty much what ever they want.

What would you suggest they do about the escaped convicted killers no set loose also?

Haiti is known for its violent unrest.

I would post the video but its a insta ban.

Of course its know for its violent unrest. They've been fighting back against imperialism and globalisation for centuries. They've been on the wrong end free-trade agreements to the point that they are eating mud pies. I'd be violent if I had to eat dirt if the UN were stationed on my homeland, killing my people. Their much loved (by the poor) President Aristide called for France to repay the reparations that Haiti paid to be "free" - it would be over 20 billion dollars today. He was kidnapped in a Bush sanctioned CIA coup in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Chevez never actually said that but the article is in the right place. This conversation would have actually fitted in nicely in the politics forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

if the UN were stationed on my homeland, killing my people

This is an outrageous claim. As a person who has served for the UN and will in the future, I would like you to either back up this claim or withdraw it. The UN are saving Haitian lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Of course its know for its violent unrest. They've been fighting back against imperialism and globalisation for centuries. They've been on the wrong end free-trade agreements to the point that they are eating mud pies. I'd be violent if I had to eat dirt if the UN were stationed on my homeland, killing my people. Their much loved (by the poor) President Aristide called for France to repay the reparations that Haiti paid to be "free" - it would be over 20 billion dollars today. He was kidnapped in a Bush sanctioned CIA coup in 2004.

Cant place all the blame on foreign powers.Some of their own people have been complete scum(papa and baby doc)like in many 3rd world countries such as zimbabwe and the congo.

Also the dominican republic which shares the island shows what good leadership can do.

Anyway back on topic:DI dont think that HAARP in alaska would of caused the earthquake.America has it hands full with fighting wars that I'd say they would have better uses for their navy and troops.

Also Im not saying that the yanks arent sneaky bastards,they are quite capable of not playinmg fair(putting it mildly) but thats for another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Algernon

I ask again. What energy would be required to shift a plate, so as to create the earthquake in Haiti? Or would people rather continue blaming the Jews?

This is an outrageous claim. As a person who has served for the UN and will in the future, I would like you to either back up this claim or withdraw it. The UN are saving Haitian lives!

Here is a video of the UN firing at funeral mourners in Haiti
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrkm1DzmgcM&feature=player_embedded

I ask again. What energy would be required to shift a plate, so as to create the earthquake in Haiti? Or would people rather continue blaming the Jews?

It was a natural disaster.The jews werent blamed.One poster brought up the issue of foreign aid israel recieves and mentioned goldman sachs getting a bail out.Other posters pointed out that Israel has given aid to the haitians

Its their money they can do what they want with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Algernon

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    It was a natural disaster.The jews werent blamed.One poster brought up the issue of foreign aid israel recieves and mentioned goldman sachs getting a bail out.Other posters pointed out that Israel has given aid to the haitians

Did anyone in this thread suggest it (the earthquake, just in case you get this confused) was man-made?

• Advertisement

Did anyone in this thread suggest it (the earthquake, just in case you get this confused) was man-made?

Dont be smart.Yes it has been suggested that the earth quake was man made.I disagree,it was a natural occurance hence my original reply to you.

Advertisement