Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get my website re-designed. I will also be looking to have a shop on the website to sell maybe 10-15 items. the website i have was fine when i started out but needs upgrading.

The web address is www.morgansportssolutions.ie.

Cheers
    Moggie

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hi all.

Im looking for a web designer to (possibly) design a brand new website for a group of companies from the ground up.

At the minute this is at proposal stage and has not been given the go ahead until I get it costed fully.

The website will be an online selling site which I want as simple to use for the ordinary user.

I will need paypal integrated into it and also a way to show what products are in stock in realtime.

It will need to process delivery and collection data from customers.

Pm for details as its probably better that I discuss the idea with someone personally.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

Hi

I am looking for a web designer, who can put an e-commerce site together, preferably using Joomla

It's going to be a fairly basic site i.e. only a few products (less than 50)

The reason I would prefer Joomla is that I know how to use it a bit, and it seems to be the best or one of the best.

I had intended putting everything together myself, but lack of time is now a problem.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

Im looking to get a site designed to manage subscriptions, and take paypal billing, I will prob offer 2-3 differant subscription options ie discount for longer etc, This would suit student preferbly with linux backround as im trying to have the site intigrate to my linux server to auto setup usernames etc.

Dont have a large budget hence might suit student.

PM for more details.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm currently proposing the creation of a sports blog/website. This will built on WordPress and I'm looking for someone to do the design work.

Possible templates/ideas:

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport

I'm looking for lots of main page information, and other features that will add to the design such as on the post page. Good categorization as well.

I have a vivid idea of the various aspects that I'd like so it's just a matter of putting it in motion.

Feel free to PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ITdesigner

Im on the hunt for a creative web designer to join our friendly Dublin based webdesign team.
    Needs to have strong eye for design and enjoy a fast paced work environment – opportunity for growth.

Please contact me for job description and further details

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

moggie4000 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am looking to get my website re-designed. I will also be looking to have a shop on the website to sell maybe 10-15 items. the website i have was fine when i started out but needs upgrading.

The web address is www.morgansportssolutions.ie.

Cheers
    Moggie

Thanks to all who replied. I still haven't found anyone. I probably should have said that my budget is €500.00

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Nokia08

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a quote for a e-commerce/ Classified ads website. Simplicity is key.

I don't want to get into details publicly but if interested PM me.

It should work similarly to donedeal.ie if you wish to want to compare it to anything. But it should also have the ability to have frequent updates from me eg/ Blog format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi folks,
    I posted this in the Development forum but thought there'd be no harm posting here too. I'm looking for someone who can build a site similar to chatroulette (peer to peer video chat), with some extended features.

It could use Adobe Cirrus. There are plenty of scripts out there too which if determined to be a good starting point could be used.

If interested just get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I have a very straightforward text-rich site that I want to transfer to a new website based on Wordpress (to be hosted by LetsHost.ie). I have moved the domain name to them and signed up for their 70-page eCommerce site, and played around with their idiot-proof website builder, but I'd like to try something a bit more ambitious and need a little outside help. It's a not-for-profit website, so I don't have a big budget, but I'm looking for someone to take the pain out of it as I don't have any experience of this and it needs to be done reasonably soon (by end June if at all possible).

Ideally, I'd like someone in Limerick, who'd be prepared to let me watch over their shoulder and explain what they're doing, so I'd have some idea how to do it myself if the need arose again. I think a couple of hours would probably do the job, or maybe a couple of sessions of same. Either at my workplace or wherever suits.

PM me for more details if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Need a volunteer to help me with a CSS/web layout project I'm in the middle of. I've been told it will take between 3 and 4 hours work.

It involves manipulating a website design already made into a slightly altered state.

I have the base theme bought, and images are all created, ready to go. I just need the CSS now.

All help much appreciated. Please get back to me if you think you can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

I am in the process of designing my Facebook business page.

I am looking for a professional to create a Facebook page with good marketing ideas but specifically geared to getting people to "like" the page so that their friends will come to the Facebook page and through Facebook will be directed to my website.

There will be a marketing campaign launched on Facebook which will link directly to my website which will have all the usual Facebook "like" buttons so some expertise in how to maximise the likes from my website would also be required.

I will require 6 tabs - Wall, Info and 4 custom tags. Is this possible?

----

A web designer will also be required to design a five page website, relatively basic but clean and professional in appearance.

----

If someone could give me a link to some Facebook business pages that they consider to be top quality in terms of design and customer acquisition strategies that would be appreciated.

----

Recommendations would be appreciated also for designers with a portfolio of previous projects.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I'm looking for someone to take care of the SEO on a new wordpress website. It's a brochure site for a business consultancy, new site done and happy but I need someone separate to take care of the SEO within the site (cia whatever plugin you prefer etc) and also advise on other ways to improve SEO. Also if you have any adwords experince there might be some more work in it too... Please pm me for more details. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 K_A

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody to design/develop a photography site. I have a design in mind but actually putting that up on screen is an entirely different matter for me. I'd rather not say too much here other than the site will be pretty minimal and will not be packed with images. Anyone interested please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hi,

I'm looking for somebody to design and develop a site for me. Content would be small but I am looking for a standout design - simple, crisp, clean and professional.

The site would contain a blog and a subscription option.

I am really looking for a design that just works.
    If you're interested feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kdb14

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to do web design, possibly logo( that would also be suitable for business cards) and facebook welcome page.

It's for a recently launched life coaching company aimed at the 18-35 age group who want to either set up their own small business or focus on getting what they want out of their career. The reason why I chose to set up in this area is because so many friends and family of this age group were choosing to leave Ireland due to poor career prospects, the statistics are 1000 per week are emigrating. I believe that now is the time that people really need to be creative, innovative and create their own opportunities!

I’m hoping to develop a website/logo/branding that fits well with that age group and puts my message across.

Web design and branding are all completely new to me so I would be grateful for any advice, recommendations etc. I’m not even sure what type of site I would need so I would be trusting your judgment!

What I would want the site to do would be:
    1. Brochure style (i think, open to suggestion)

2. Allow me to update content myself
    3. Strong social media presence
    4. Possibly some way for clients to pay online?

Ideally I would prefer to work with an Irish based company and be able to meet and discuss what is required. If you could let me know how your company could help me and rough guide of prices that would be great! If you have any questions for me please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you!

PM me and if possible could you include links to sites or work you have done before!!

Thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys my dad has a new website for his business consultancy. He really want to get going on twitter on facebook, but I do not have the time to do this for him.

I need someone who can get going with his twitter and facebook accounts and help promote his business using these tools and help him use it etc. Hopefully there would be a lot more long term business in this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 theopticalshop

Hi folks,

I'm looking at getting a website set up and designed - however unfortunately for me I don't have the skills to get something good looking up and running!

The spec is as follows:

Domain has been registered with Hosting365, it is a .ie

I'm hoping to have the website very clean and simple

I just want a homepage, who we are, what we do (with a drop down menu), what we cost and a contact page - really simple!

Any quotes for the job would be really gratefully received.

Thanks,

The Optical Shop (p.s. I'm not setting up an opticians :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

I need a graphic designer to come up with a graphic for the welcome page on my facebook business page.

Must be able to come up with a suitable concept for the design that fits with the business and is up to the standard of the graphics on the welcome pages of the below websites.

http://www.facebook.com/FoxNews
    http://www.facebook.com/redbull
    http://www.facebook.com/inglouriousbasterds

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Hi
    Looking for someone to finish off our ecommerce website - website is 80% complete but there are formatting issues and it just needs tidying up. Its a word press format.
    We are on an extremely tight tight budget so this may suit a student?
    PM for more details
    thanks

• Advertisement

Hey guys, I'm after a graphics designer to design an ebook. We already have the entire text of the ebook, divided into chapters etc - we just need someone to put a simple yet attractive design around it.

Anyone interested please send me a pm :)
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 achi

Hello
    I need someone to make changes to an existing website, www.chichi.ie. The changes I need are pretty basic (e.g.text size& font changes, create drop down menus, etc) & the 'search' and 'sitemap' pages need content. I have the facility to upload new products and delete products myself which is fantastic. I would however like to have the ability to manage all content (e.g. other descriptions of the business on About, pictures throughout site).

I am posting this on Boards as I have received quotes from some companies that are completely out of my range. I do not have a big budget for this work (~200euro) so it might suit a recent graduate who is looking for experience. I am having a bit of difficulty with SEO - i am trying to progress this, e.g. adding the address to other sites, changing product descriptions, etc. There may need to be some small changes made to the source code or the urls also, so someone with basic knowledge of SEO would be great!
    PM me if interested with approx rate for the work that you think needs to be done & when you are available
    Thanks a mill :)
    AC

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭user_name_d

Hi - Hoping someone here can help.

I am looking for a .NET/ASP web developer to help with a project I have on at the moment. Currently we are a small development company here in Dublin and have 1 or 2 big projects on for September.

The work I am looking to cover off is an update to an existing website built with ASP and MS SQL and a new microsite off that with a new database, few web services for authentication and for access on a mobile device.

Deadline: September 1st
    Time: 2 Weeks work
    Requirements: Experienced .NET/ASP Developer, CSS/HTML preferable but not necessary.
    Job Details: Website update, New Database, Web Services for Mobile Device, Reporting.

Please PM if interested!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Hi,

We have a our own in house warehouse tracking system which I set up the database for and then set up an access runtime for the end users (for those worried don't worry I'm more than willing to make changes to database layout if necessary).
    I'd like to progress the system further and have it deployable to handheld barcode scanners running windows mobile or ce.

The main aspects would be:
    1. 3 similar actions which send an append query and an update query (in that order) to the sql server. I've an action set up for single box tracking, full shelf (24 boxes) and pallet (50 boxes) tracking which basically opens 2 hidden forms for the location (which stays open until tracking is complete) and for the box barcode which are used as parameters for the append and update queries.

2. Picklists (seperate ones for boxes and files) are created on desktops at the moment and printed out, I'd like the picklists (access report at the moment) viewable in the app and the end user to be able to mark items as picked.

3. Recently I've added a stock tracker so 2 updates queries are necessary one to add to stock levels and another to lower stock levels.

They are all relatively simple queries I'd just like them usable in a app for a handheld barcode scanner which would be connected either by wireless or VPN to the internal network.

The format i.e. web, vb.net, c# is not that important to me, as we just want a functioning app we could put on one of those handhelds.
    PM me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oisinoc92

Hey guys,

I am setting up a recruitment website for a niche market and I am looking for someone to design it and possibly a logo also.

I am looking for the many of the same features featured in the websites such as jobrapido.ie and jobs.ie.

I would like the following features:

categories for the jobs
    CV uploading service
    Forum for users
    Plenty advertising space available.

Any interested parties can PM me.

Looking foward to replies,

Oisinoc92.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mtgs

We have a .net developer position available at Meetingsbooker.com in Dublin.

You can find a full job description on our blog here

Key Attributes:
    • Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
    • 3 years commercial experience developing and maintaining high volume ASP.NET Websites.
    • Excellent VB.Net development skills (2.0, 4.0 & 3.5)
    • Experience integrating XML content from third parties
    • Very strong analytical, communications and interpersonal skills
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database design / development experience (T-SQL)
    • Web development and secure / cryptographic technologies https & SSL
    • Proficient in website development such as creating page layouts HTML and CSS
    • Experience on Jscript is expected

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

I'm looking to set up a website to make it easier to source a wheelchair accessible vehicle. I'm in a wheelchair myself and have always found this as a major problem so I'm hoping the website can alleviate some of the stress!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me design this site and what sort of price would I be looking at? the site would be something along the lines of daft.ie, be clean, crisp and to the point. I do want it to be very professional looking and will be developing a mobile app down the road.

I'm doing this with my own time and money and trying to keep costs down so the more competitive price wise you can be the better. Thanks for your time and PM me if you're interested.

Regards,

Stephen Cluskey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello there,

Looking for someone to do some paid website and radio app development for a project I am working on in September.

Apps would be for iphone and Android with now playing info etc and site would provide details of music being played/shows/presenters etc.

Full specification for both has been prepared and available on request.

Cheers,
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm looking for a quote for a Joomla based website.

It will be 5 pages and must have a search function as it will primarily be article based content.

The home page will have a slider, a number of static tiled images that will take the user to corresponding sections.

It will be fully integrated with FB/ Twitter.

The overall look will correspond to a simple logo that has already been designed.

This is just in the development stage and I'm looking for some loose quotes at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone who could do a bit of a revamp of my website. The site is up and running and all and I'm generally quite happy with the design etc. My main issue is that the guy who made the site for me in the first place did the whole site in flash. Since I don't have the faintest about flash, it's basically impossible for me to change anything on the site (i.e. add a new page, or even just change the text on a page).

I do like the script used for the galleries since it it very easy for me to add new albums or add images to existing ones, but I don't like the basic windows folder icons and the way the script distorts the images when it creates the thumbnails.

So what I need is basically to have the site re-done in html (preferably with a css stylesheet) to enable me to edit it myself from time to time. The guy who did the current site is in the UK and now out of business, so I can't get in touch with him anymore.

Since this is only a hobby of mine, I can't afford to pay much for it (certainly can't go into the triple 0's) but would be more than happy to have a 'site designed by...' link on my site.

Any reasonable offers will be considered. Also I do have all the original files for the website, if that would make the job any easier.

Thanx for reading this

Advertisement