Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Over 30?

Options
  • 08-04-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where an old geezer in his 30's might have a go at Parkour...? would just be satisfied trying it even if I was crap! Living in Maynooth...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 RawK

well me and my friends train up now and then around maynooth (mostly the playground and NUI, not really much to offer) ive literally just started. its easy to go there because we live in leixlip!
    my friend kev has been doing it a while and he trains me and a few others, usually we find ourselves there on wednesdays (but we were almost sanctioned the last time because little kids started copying us)

dont worry about starting too late dude, and its not about being bad the first time, your body just doesnt know how to move that way and thats the whole purpose of training!
    (ive been doing it collectively for roughly 7-8 days and i barely have time to practice what with a full time job and all!)

if you really are interested in watching a bunch of hippies skull themselves in your area, you can e-mail me and ill give you details on our next excursion!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Allright who007? you posted a while back.. how did you get on?? I'm 27 and am just getting into this craic now. ... I'm just gonna end up skullin myself aren't I. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Goat Mouth

Allright who007? you posted a while back.. how did you get on?? I'm 27 and am just getting into this craic now. ... I'm just gonna end up skullin myself aren't I. :)

This is RawK, newer profile.
    I never did meet up with who007, however i hope you read this because im still willing to teach you man!

session, how long have you been training?
    (just wondering by chance do i know you) ever train in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

No Goat Mouth, I'm rarely seen in the big smoke.
    Unless you know me from the trad scene?
    I havent trained with anyone else yet, just on my own.... sad :o

trad scene? no never heard of that.
    I know a few tracuers from Tipperary though.

do you gym train or train outside?

G'luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

If you're over 30 you're expected to have more sense than going around jumping off things.

disssco wrote: »
    If you're over 30 you're expected to have more sense than going around jumping off things.

where does sense enter into it? it's not vandalism, its a form of excercise and training.
    you do realise the people who popularised it are well into their 30's?

actually i dont care for your answer or opinion.

Advertisement