Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairy back.

• 18-04-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've came out of a relationship with someone after five years. I'm trying to get back on the dating scene again, but the one thing that is effecting my confidence is my hairy back.

I'm like feckin teen wolf, and i'm afraid that if i'm lucky enough to get with somebody again for a bit of horizontal jogging the sight of my back foliage could ruin the whole thing.

I've been out of the game a good while and I'd hate to get to the stage with somebody where i take off my shirt and POW, instant disgust at my hairyness. I'm not exactly an unreconstructed male, but i aint David Beckham either.

I'm just wondering should i do something about it, or leave it like it is??????????

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well the obvious answer if it's looking like a sweater and more so bothering you is to get it waxed. I'm sure better counsel on that will be along soon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Do not cut it. Feck it if a girl cant accept you as you are, hair and all, then shes not worth it.
    We cant all look like David Beckham, who'd want to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Don't put yourself through the expense or pain of waxing. Some women like hairy men, others don't. A hairy back wouldn't bother me. Thats just one womans point of view.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are women that don't mind such a thing at all.
    It's your body you have live with it and you have to either be self confident enough so that doesn't matter to you or who ever you ended up in the sack with or do something about it so you can feel confident.

Someone who cringes about thier body is never sexy.

If you must do something about it waxing may be a bit extreme, why not consider trimming it instead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There are women that don't mind such a thing at all.
    It's your body you have live with it and you have to either be self confident enough so that doesn't matter to you or who ever you ended up in the sack with or do something about it so you can feel confident.

Someone who cringes about thier body is never sexy.

If you must do something about it waxing may be a bit extreme, why not consider trimming it instead.

Agreed! All these celebs with perfect hairless bodies put wrong ideas into womens heads same for men about body image most Irish men are Hairy be happy with your body!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Teen Wolf wrote: »
    I've came out of a relationship with someone after five years. I'm trying to get back on the dating scene again, but the one thing that is effecting my confidence is my hairy back.

I'm like feckin teen wolf, and i'm afraid that if i'm lucky enough to get with somebody again for a bit of horizontal jogging the sight of my back foliage could ruin the whole thing.

I've been out of the game a good while and I'd hate to get to the stage with somebody where i take off my shirt and POW, instant disgust at my hairyness. I'm not exactly an unreconstructed male, but i aint David Beckham either.

I'm just wondering should i do something about it, or leave it like it is??????????

I'd advise doing something about it. Normally I wouldn't believe in altering your appearance based on a preconception of what others may think, but if it was me I'd be waxing. Yes it's unpleasant but will be worth the effort if it makes you feel more confident/less self-conscious.

From what I've heard, and only going on anecdotal evidence, a hairy back is not popular with the ladies. Hairyness in other places can be ok, but the back area doesn't seem to be a popular one. Major generalisation of course, but I bet if you did a poll in the ladies lounge forum the majority would be against it**. Wax away.

**I could be wrong admittedly, don't think I am though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I like hairy men, so I'm sure there are others out there who do too. I actually don't think I'd get with a guy if I found out they waxed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for that. The hair is staying. I've no major problem with it. I do alot of swimming etc so I dont feel too self conscious about it, its just at this moment in time after coming out of a five yr relationship, a knock back over something as trivial as this wouldnt do the auld confidence any good. Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Well first of all, your ex obviously didnt mind it so im sure u will find a similar girl who also wont mind it, and if you get with some1 that doesnt like it, then feck em, theyre only shallow.
    Second of all, how hairy are we talking here? I have a few hairs back there, but there is a fella in my gym and im not messing it is like he is wearing an arran sweater. I mean you could put in in dreadlocks, and he has a perfect circle shaved out just below his neckline and it really does look riddiculous. If I was that hairy, personally id get it waxed every once in a while, because he must be roasting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Whatever you do, don't shave it. 3 days and it's back hairier than ever. I've decided to go live in the woods where hairiness is beneficial.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt call it a jumper, just nicely furry. Its not that extreme. Mainly hairy about the shoulders. And a big hairy arse, just like Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭diamondp

hi op. I Wouldnt do anything about your back hair issue if i was you(if its not bothering you). if a women is put off my a bit of hair then she isnt worth being with IMO. My OH hasnt a blade of hair on his head but makes up for it elsewhere & it dosent bother me and it makes him the unique person he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I love my o/h's hairy back. Don't get rid the next girl will either like you or not, the hairy back should be no issue :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yeah dont shave or wax it...

Ingrown hairs should be enough to put you off it.

My oh has hairy legs, They keep me warm so I dont complain about them.:D

Thanks everybody. After reading other threads on this forum i really should have better things to be worrying about.

Kind regards,

S.

Advertisement