Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 year old microwave not working

• 26-09-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Have a Murphy Richards microwave which has just stopped cooking the food. The troubleshooting options exhausted- none of them the issue. The food was porridge in a microwave tub that has always been used. Nothing new there. Seems a bit soon to die but only had a year guarantee. Wasn't a cheap one either. I thought that was a decent brand. Any ideas?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Go back to where you bought it and see what they say. Consumer law entitles you to up to 6 years to claim for faulty goods, but this is variable depending on what is seen as reasonable for the product and price paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Fuse inside the microwave may have blown, happened in mine, there are 2 of them,<SNIP>.

Mod Note: Do not post advice which is potentially dangerous. Microwaves can contain voltages which can be fatal, even when switched off. Leave repairs to the professionals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Did you try to charge your iPhone 6 with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

AngryLips wrote: »
    Did you try to charge your iPhone 6 with it?

Needs a thank twice button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

The appliance appears to be working grand but the food is not cooked/ heated so unlikely a fuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Oryx wrote: »
    Go back to where you bought it and see what they say. Consumer law entitles you to up to 6 years to claim for faulty goods, but this is variable depending on what is seen as reasonable for the product and price paid.

Been googling this but can't see where I have rights outside of the warranty. do you have a link? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

73trix wrote: »
    The appliance appears to be working grand but the food is not cooked/ heated so unlikely a fuse.

Hi, this is what happened to mine, there is a fuse inside the microwave that controls the element used to cook the food, as has been pointed out by the mod, even when the microwave is unplugged it can be still very dangerous to work on due to high voltages stored.

An appliance repair person would be able to replace the fuse for you, should be no more than 20 euros, or if you have any friends who are electricians or electrical engineers they might be able to change it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

73trix wrote: »
    Been googling this but can't see where I have rights outside of the warranty. do you have a link? Thanks.

Your main rights are under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act in Ireland.
    There's a sticky thread at the top of the forum which explains a lot more.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291266

Advertisement