Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinions please

• 06-09-2014 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

My friends band... What you think of it? Honestly though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I quite liked it. I'd be happy to listen to a full album of that. I didn't think it was single material, not enough of a hook to it but an album of that type stuff would be great for listening to in the background.

I thought it was a nice mix of blues rock with a little stoner rock thrown in. The vocals were interesting, not sung in an accent I can place, initially I thought of Butthole Surfers' vocal but with a bit more gravel to it. The guitars were nicely layered, drumming particularly good which gave the song a nice pace, I wasn't impressed by any bass line in it, I even doubt if I heard anything bass guitar based. I wasn't a fan of 2.44, when the high pitched guitar came in. I thought it was a bit extraneous, didn't add much but did distract.

If they have their album uploaded on Youtube or something I'd definitely give them a listen.

Where are they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Really like it. Good old fashioned rock, well delivered. and the backing singers accent really makes it sound different, oddly enough I thought it made it sound more Irish!

Any gigs coming up in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

This is great, I also wanna know about gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Pawn

I don't think the lads will be doing any gigs in Dublin any time soon. They are from New Ross and I understand from chatting to my friend this afternoon that some of the members support slightly different approach as to where to go from where they are now, how to promote the band and the usual crap most young bands go through at certain stage.

I think this guy might be on boards so I'll ask him to drop down and perhaps speak for himself. There are loads of people with great ideas here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yeah... that was awesome! Really kick-ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Pawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I liked it a lot. Drummer is the star of the show here.

Advertisement