Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pollution

• 07-05-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone suggest a good anti-pollution mask? Was cycling in this morning and some of the fumes were quite bad and I had seen some people wearing masks but wasn't sure which one to get or if it's really needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

Respro are good (used a City before). I'd post a link if the forum allowed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

used to use one of these when i lived in a city http://respro.com/pollution-masks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Probably not necessary.

Unlike motorists when you're cycling your not sitting in a 'bath' of pollution. Your respiring heavily which means the 'residency' time of anything sucked up is very short.

Plus the extra snot and mucus you generate helps catch a lot of the rubbish before it gets deep into the lungs.

How should cyclists protect against pollution?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

used to use one of these when i lived in a city

Cheers, thanks for that. Did you have to replace the filters often? I wonder if there is many people that use them or maybe it's not that bad in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

I honestly wouldn't bother unless you're having major respiratory problems?
    Dublin is right next to the sea and mountains - the air is pretty clean.
    If you get in from a cycle, blow your nose and if it's pure black, maybe get a mask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

blowing my nose was black, where i commuted in england in the mid 90's. regular hay fever symptoms in the winter.
    thats why i bought one (stopped the hay fever like symptoms)

didnt change the filters that often mainly because they got dirty

Advertisement