Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eircom sells phonewatch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Good. Maybe the new owner will fix that new ones can work on non-eircom phone networks!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

watty wrote: »
    Good. Maybe the new owner will fix that new ones can work on non-eircom phone networks!

They already can, just not upC

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There only are 4 non-Mobile, non-eircom networks
    Digiweb Metro (10.5 GHz Microwave)
    Magnet fibre
    UPC coax.

It doesn't matter who you pay your phone bill to, if its a real phone line pair it's Eircom's network for phones. Most non-GSM fixed line phonewatch will ONLY work on an Eircom Network. They will NOT work on Magnet Fibre, UPC coax or Digiweb Metro phone systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TWOLEMONS

I have a monitored PW (sold by Eircom recently). I have upc for tv. I inherited vodafone from esat bt for broadband and phonecalls. problem is, my broadband is crap and I found out yesterday that Eircom e fiber is not coming to my area until at least 2014. Anyone any suggestions what I can do to overcome problems? I heard I could wire my upc (if I get it for broadband and calls) to phonewatch but would need a 'technician' to do it for me. My phonewatch is wireless by the way. thanks

Advertisement