Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

• 29-10-2010 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 18 pmass4

Just a few more hours now :) I'm going up at 12 to GameStop :D I really hope his game will be as great as we think :) Keyboard and Game, Here I come :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmass4

ongarite wrote: »
    From what I've been reading so far the standalone cymbals will not released in Europe and will only be available to purchase through the Mad-Catz website.
    The reason they have given is that RB2 drums were never released in Europe coupled with low sales of Beatles drums; both of which are RB3 cymbal compatible.

Doesn't look like it :( Its stupid that all this is happening, why can't they just release everything in every country that wants it? I'm sure they'll still make a lot of money that way. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bah, rain!

Having to wait a few extra hours is torture. Hopefully will be heading out in around an hour to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Picked this up last night at midnight in Game. I can't get enough of it. As I said, straight into Walk of Life on Expert Pro keys... Oh the failure of it all :o I did manage to pass a few others though. Rainbow in the Dark ftw!

Export worked no problem and I got the free songs from HMV too (connections ;)) so I'm just short of 500 songs in my RB library now.

Also, keys trainers are excellent! Glissando = :D

Whoot, 2000 posts.

I love Rock Band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Bah, rain!

Having to wait a few extra hours is torture. Hopefully will be heading out in around an hour to pick it up.
    man up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've just checked my order tracking and seems to be waiting for me at home
    The remaining 3.5 hours of my working day are going to be pure torture!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Lucky feckers the lot of you! I checked my friends list a second ago and Onion's already doing pro keys on Bohemian Rhapsody. Must be FC'ing it on expert and uploading the video as we speak!

Me? Well I downloaded a learning program called 'Learn & Master Drums' from a torrent (12GB, jaysus), and usually costs about $150 USD! 22 lessons and I've gotten through the first two lessons, feeling like a tard since it's all really simple stuff but I was holding my sticks wrong so it just goes to show you the little things you overlook that make a big difference! All this in preparation for some pro expert drums next month. ;)

I cannot wait!

I'm devastated :( No shop is selling the PS3 keyboard until Wednesday of next week :( I went to GameStop and they said they're not allowed to sell until Wednesday so now I only have the game, no keyboard and my drums are broken. I have to go to Port Laoise to get new drums. :(

Bad Result :(

Interesting interview with Daniel Sussman from hmx here

I especially like the sound of this part;
    In Rock Band 3 – whether it's Quick Play or the Road Challenges – everything you're doing is contributing to your progression through the game. You can play however you want to play and you'll still progress and unlock items.
    Stupid clock... Move faster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well after all my deliberations on price of keys etc. I rummaged about and dug out some games for trade in :)

No keys to be had on xbox anywhere in dublin cc this morning when Ii was heading for the bus up home game on henery st had 2 for ps3. Arrived home and got keys, game and 3 free songs in hmv who seemed to have plenty on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

So you are saying Game on Henry St have keyboard for PS3?

YES?? I hope??

Do you mean Gamestop, no GAME on Henry St AFAIK?

ongarite wrote: »
    So you are saying Game on Henry St have keyboard for PS3?

YES?? I hope??

Do you mean Gamestop, no GAME on Henry St AFAIK?

Sorry game stop yes, but that was at 10:30 this morning, give them a bell and ask, cant hurt.

Wasn't long setting the difficulty on pro down to medium or easy in a few cases lol

And already i'm using some seriously convoluted two finger one hand technique or even crossing my hands a few times, best go do the lessons i think. Didn't try the regular mode yet.

Am I the only one who was expecting it to have freestyle mode for the keys like it has for drums :confused:

why cant i hold notes on the keyboard on medium?? i can hit them, but holding them just cuts out...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Lucky feckers the lot of you! I checked my friends list a second ago and Onion's already doing pro keys on Bohemian Rhapsody. Must be FC'ing it on expert and uploading the video as we speak!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

Bohemian Rhapsody was on expert pro keys was the first song he tried... and let's just say it wasn't pretty ;)

As for me, I've had a few gos on the keyboard and the normal mode is fine - I can do expert on a few songs and a bit of practice will easily make me able to play expert all the time I'd say. Pro Keys is where it's at though and DAMN! It's a hell of a lot harder than I expected! I'm on medium for the moment :p

Hotaru wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :P

Bohemian Rhapsody was on expert pro keys was the first song he tried... and let's just say it wasn't pretty ;)

As for me, I've had a few gos on the keyboard and the normal mode is fine - I can do expert on a few songs and a bit of practice will easily make me able to play expert all the time I'd say. Pro Keys is where it's at though and DAMN! It's a hell of a lot harder than I expected! I'm on medium for the moment :p
    aye, way harder than i was expecting to read and play simultaneously!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Adam wrote: »
    aye, way harder than i was expecting to read and play simultaneously!

Managed to 4* Walk of Life on Expert. Pro Keys are rock hard. Other songs have chewed me up and spat me out. Haven't felt like this since the first time I played the Guitar Hero.

Managed to 4* Walk of Life on Expert. Pro Keys are rock hard. Other songs have chewed me up and spat me out. Haven't felt like this since the first time I played the Guitar Hero.
    just stuck it on, mashed the keys for a few seconds and ran away screaming! :eek:

do you play keys?

Few minor annoyances so far, loading times between ending the song and getting back to the library, no keyboard player in the band when your not playing keys, and it doesn't show your note streak for the song when you finish.

Major plus for me is that you get a solo score calculated even when playing in a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Really like what they've done with the interface and the ease of dropping in/out, changing difficulties and switching on/off no fail in the middle of a game. also like the way the note highway rewinds a couple of seconds after unpausing it so you don't miss the notes you may have missed during pausing.

I'm dissapointed with the RB2 export, 5 songs missing and good ones too:
    Let There Be Rock - AC/DC (not bad considering it's in AC/DC pack)
    Give it Away - RHCP
    Anyway You Want It - Journey
    Metallica - Battery
    Spoonman - Soundgarden

Really annoyed about anyway you want it, that one was a regular at RB parties. Apparently there's a bunch of harmonix songs missing also but they will be released as free DLC. Also i've read that Black Hole Sun (SG) and Dani California (RHCP) from RB1 have been blocked!? I havn't had a look yet but if this is true, that really sucks.
    Why is it always the good songs that get lost? :(

• Advertisement

It may just be the alcohol talking, but this is ridiculous amounts of fun!!!

Keyboard feels lovely to use, despite the slightly fumbling start (might hold off using it as a keytar for a while yet!:p)
    Great song selection so far too

calex71 wrote: »
    Few minor annoyances so far, loading times between ending the song and getting back to the library, no keyboard player in the band when your not playing keys, and it doesn't show your note streak for the song when you finish.

Major plus for me is that you get a solo score calculated even when playing in a band.

That's what I thought originally too. After you finish a song, press/strum down when you see the individual score and you will see note streak. I'm also impressed that they now show the percentage you got in different parts of the Wong you played. (strum down again) they show really in-depth stats now :) Major plus for me anyways :)

So far, despite only having the Paul McCartney Hofner Bass Guitar and no other instruments yet, I'm happy with RockBand :) I really think this is going to be a great game :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Despite some serious messiness getting a hold of it - I ended up in Dundrum instead of town where I'd prebooked it - and not getting the extra DLC (boo, HMV Dundrum didn't even know what I was talking about :() I have RB3 and it's awesome.

Firstly, non-pro keyboard is awful. Feels far too cramped. Pro keyboard, though, is the schizz. I'm still playing on easy to get a feel for it, but it is a serious step up, complication wise anyway, from the instruments before it. I'm getting better slowly, but then the ****ers throw some black keys at me and I spazz out :pac: More time with the trainers to practice finger placement me thinks! It's great though, and I can see myself sinking a lot of time into it.

Set list is fantastic, and the heavily keyboard songs are a highlight (the start of Bohemian Rhapsody is torture on guitar, as you hear the keyboardist kicking ass). Liking the way road challenges work for 10 'stars and spades' total.

Menus seem a bit messy to me. May warm to it, but the weird 'sub menu' thingie confused me at first. Loving that quickplay contributes overall though.

Anyway, digging it so far. Should get in some band play tomorrow, but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

To get your streak, score breakdown, total notes hit and your section percentages press down on the screen after the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Wow, Pro Keys are feckin' hard! I tried a few tutorials and practised Combat Baby a few times, eventually managed to get 4*s on Expert Pro! It's in the first difficulty tier, mind, and I barely scraped it. This is worse than when I first played Guitar Hero. But so much fun!

...or it was until my brother came in, had one look and instantly put me to shame. He's never really played RB before, but he's ridiculously good at the piano, organ and harpsichord, so it's wasn't too surprising. Looks like Harmonix succeeded in creating an authentic experience. Still, bah! :p

Love all the tweaks in the interface! It's quite a step up having missed out on RB2. Think I'll play around with the customisation interface tomorrow morning and make a proper logo and line-up for the *cough* "Bare Bone Skeletones".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

You guys think pro keys is bad?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was too busy rocking out. A lot :P
    Adam wrote: »
    why cant i hold notes on the keyboard on medium?? i can hit them, but holding them just cuts out...??

This is a problem I have experience. I think I understand it though. Let's say you have to hold down a three note chord. And let's say you end up holding down two of those notes + another wrong one. From what I can tell, if you lift the wrong one, or accidentally press another (even a little bit) ALL of your notes stop playing. It's a harsh system!

Someone's already answered you, but if you press down you get every stat ever! Even the old breakdown <3

Moving up in the pro keys world - to medium :pac: Don't know how some of you jumped straight into expert pro! Is fast becoming my favourite instrument, although the overdrive button is a bit out of the way for my liking. Perhaps I'll get better enough to utilise it correctly, but at the moment it feels awkward activating it as I have to completely move one hand away from the keys for a second.

Played a few rounds with my brother on guitar there, and the guitar / keyboard combo just feels so very, very right.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I don't think anyone here is on expert pro yet! I'm sort of bordering on moving up to hard. I'm ranked 8th in the world in one of the songs though, I was chuffed :D

• Advertisement

Moving up in the pro keys world - to medium :pac: Don't know how some of you jumped straight into expert pro! Is fast becoming my favourite instrument, although the overdrive button is a bit out of the way for my liking. Perhaps I'll get better enough to utilise it correctly, but at the moment it feels awkward activating it as I have to completely move one hand away from the keys for a second.

Played a few rounds with my brother on guitar there, and the guitar / keyboard combo just feels so very, very right.

Don;t use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , see that hole on the right side that looks like a standard headphone connection? Plug your drum pedal in there for lulz and giggles and see what happens when you have overdrive and press it ;)

Advertisement