Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sharp Warranty

• 24-11-2012 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi i bought a tv about 3 years ago and no there is a problem with the screen.its a sharp TV. i was wondering how long does the warranty last and is there anything i can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Hi i bought a tv about 3 years ago and no there is a problem with the screen.its a sharp TV. i was wondering how long does the warranty last and is there anything i can do?

Back to the shop you purchased it from - that's where you contract lies. The TV must last for a reasonable time. Don't listen to any of this 1 year rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

What is a reasonable amount of time though? do i have a case here do you think?

What is a reasonable amount of time though? do i have a case here do you think?

IMHO if it was closer to 4 than 3 no but I am known to be somewhat harsh in these matters. Some people here have had success after 5+ years. Six is the absolute maximum.

I'd personally contact the shop and Sharp see what they say. If the shop wont help you and sharp will - happy days and never use the shop again. If neither will help send a letter to the shop giving them ten working days to resolve the issue and if you still get no joy go to the small claims court. It's €25 and very simple - you just need to show you purchased it so a receipt is ideal.

Any idea where it was purchased?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

i bought it up in NI but live down here now. would i have to bring the tv back to the store or how will it work?

Where was it bought? A chain operating here or a one man band in the north?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

i bought it up in NI but live down here now. would i have to bring the tv back to the store or how will it work?
    Contact the shop to find out; strictly speaking they can insist on you bringing it back to the store but as the repairs are outsourced anyway most will have a courier picking it up and returning it to you afterwards.

Advertisement