Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I still cant take to Sanada tbh. When i see him come out i just get bored

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

That's a great video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I still cant take to Sanada tbh. When i see him come out i just get bored

He had that issue in Japan. During his first year in Wrestling he was someone you would think would have the brightest of futures. But he regressed and accumulated a bunch of dislikable things in his matches and his presentation (irritating hair :pac:).

Before his TNA run I knew Japanese Wrestling fans who simply gave up watching him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rovert wrote: »
    He had that issue in Japan. During his first year in Wrestling he was someone you would think would have the brightest of futures. But he regressed and accumulated a bunch of dislikable things in his matches and his presentation (irritating hair :pac:).

Before his TNA run I knew Japanese Wrestling fans who simply gave up watching him.

Yea i can see that tbh. Surely when you have a match with Aries it should be a great match but since i have yet to see it im not gettin excited about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I gotta give TNA props they have stepped up their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The iMPACT! shows from New York start tonight with the return of six sides:
    69108486db.jpg

Jeff Hardy is bonkers:

Good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was it as good as it sounds on paper?

Wasn't a blow away amazing show or anything but it was a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Been enjoying the last few shows. They're doing a good job building Lashley and i'm very pleased to see Aries become a focal point of the show.

They're going in the right direction but I really wish they'd tone down the ECW stuff. Looking back(Hogan, Bischoff) dragged the product down before and they can't afford to make the same mistakes.

• Advertisement

This weeks iMPACT! preview:
    03b6184e8d.jpg

Tajiri will be working TNA's next set of NYC tapings in August. Also this weeks iMPACT! was fairly meh, next weeks looks awesome though.

Going all in with the ECW guys. They must be crediting Dreamer, Rhino etc for how well the previous taping did.

Haven't seen this weeks but enjoyed last weeks. Seemed like a lot more wrestling than there used to be but I'm worried that means a segment heavy show is coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the wrestlers need to start shaving more. So many bearded guys. Every time I see Bram I mistake him for Gunner, so was confusing this week seeing Gunner fight himself

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Going all in with the ECW guys.

More a Wrestle-1 thing with Tajiri, I'd imagine Tajiri will be teaming with Muta vs. Storm and Sanada at Bound For Glory.

Big iMPACT! this week with Destination X, was said to be one of the best shows TNA taped in ages:
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    'The Great Man That Ever Lived' Austin Aries vs. champion Bobby Lashley
    proxy.jpg?t=HBgtaHR0cDovL3N0YXRpYy5vdy5seS9waG90b3Mvb3JpZ2luYWwvNm5sS0guanBnFLAJFKgFABYAEgA&s=qFNhvwYxW3NeuyBQOTGrrOxOFnnlw1xtMCqPtpZmUSQ

TNA World Tag Team Championships
    The Hardys vs. champions The Wolves
    1490_b822ff214b0f211027b34c192820c07f_m.jpg?t=1406576563

X-Division Three Way Qualifier
    Low Ki vs. Manik vs. DJ Zema Ion

Crazy Steve vs. Brian Cage vs. Seiya Sanada

'Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe vs. Homicide vs. Tigre Uno
    1489_e6be06759b95621101847a64eeb2ad08_m.jpg?t=1406576299

New TNA signing:
    446b2ae0a0a528acc6168730e3558c96_L.jpg?t=943938000
    TNA Wrestling is happy to announce the signing of a true American hero! Chris Melendez is a former Army Sergeant, who served his country in Afghanistan and was awarded a Purple Heart. Because of injuries suffered in combat, the brave soldier returned home a single leg amputee. Melendez, a member of the Wounded Warrior Project, had another dream to realize when he returned home. He dreamed of becoming a pro wrestler.

Chris’ remarkable story begins as a kid growing up in Spanish Harlem. His grandmother introduced him to professional wrestling at a young age and, ever since, he has been hooked.

“The ability to captivate an audience without having to say any words is what got me hooked.”

Inspired by his father, a Vietnam Vet, and compelled by the events of September 11, Chris joined the U.S. Army at the young age of 17. At age 19, and with only 23 days of his Iraq deployment remaining, he sustained horrifying life-threatening injuries from an IED.

“When I was able to open my eyes after the explosion I looked across the battlefield to see what I thought was a fellow-soldier in need of help. I quickly realized it was my leg.”

After being resuscitated three times and enduring numerous emergency surgeries and procedures, Melendez’s long road of recovery took him to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. Through pure grit and determination, cutting edge science and technology delivered via the VA, and support from friends, family and The Wounded Warrior Project, Melendez was walking with a prosthetic within 40 days.

In 2012, Melendez entered Team 3D Academy of Professional Wrestling in Florida where he trained day-in and day-out under the tutelage of Bully Ray and Devon. Now, TNA Wrestling can announce the signing of Chris Melendez to a multi-year contract.

Still known in the locker room as “Sarge”, Melendez is set to make his debut for the company during the August 5-7 tapings at New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center.

The 3D academy doesnt have a great history of talent and with only one leg, I'll be shocked if this guy lasts more than a few months.

Zema Ion has signed a new TNA deal. I like Zema.

Jessica Havok
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    Youtube vid
    Jessica Havok
    :cool:

Hogan! :pac:

Best iMPACT! since last September. Lots of really good wrestling and an easy show to watch. Lashley as World champ has been a really pleasant surprise aswell. Also liked bringing forward the fluke line between Aries and Roode two years later.

Was going to reserve my thoughts until I watched the whole show. But the Wolves vs Hardys blew my mind. You had the Hardy Boyz rekindling their magic, the Wolves's athleticism with (likely) Matt Hardy's excellent match layout tempering the Wolves worst traits. Great aging veteran team vs the current best match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Good show with a great tag match but the promo at the end giving away the finish for next week's show is ridiculous.

Also the fact that they're promoting a show by guaranteeing that a man will put a woman, albeit a wrestling heel, through a table while the ring is surrounded by men is frankly embarrassing. That kind of stuff should have been left back in the 90s along with unprotected chair shots.

They've been teasing the table spot for four months now, they had to let the audience know when it was actually going to happen. I would've done it a little differently but I fully understand why they did it.

If TNA gets cancelled that's you kind of closer if you are writing the book. A desperate promoter putting herself in the firing line to save the company.

I think Dixie and what she represents on screen is hated enough that you can get away with showing what they showed.

TNA have announced the first couple of matches for next weeks TV tapings, Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki (which they did a bit of foreshadowing towards last night) will be taped on the 5th, and Team 3D vs. The Hardys vs. The Wolves is set for the 6th.

I wasn't thrilled when Lashley won the title, but in the last three weeks he has produced probably the two best matches of his career. Obviously his opponents help a lot but I think he isn't getting the credit he deserves. On top of that, he is being booked perfectly as the silent monster who just murders people. Never expected to say but, but I'm very happy with Lashley as champion and hope it continues. My only worry is his new Bellator gig.

Whoever booked these shows needs to be in charge from now on. I have a feeling Dreamer played a fairly big part in it.

TNA have announced the first couple of matches for next weeks TV tapings, Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki (which they did a bit of foreshadowing towards last night) will be taped on the 5th, and Team 3D vs. The Hardys vs. The Wolves is set for the 6th.

09d7584cad6726ef025d855c4175d7be_XL.jpg?t=1406929114
    53zH7qj.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Wolves the new Edge and Christian?

Advertisement