Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a Note on Jesus

• 14-07-2014 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

I'm not trying to troll, please believe me

I'm not trying to convert you

I'm not mad religious but I do have my beliefs

I hope you don't mind me posting this, I'll probably get banned but what heck.

I just wanted to say because a lot of gay people seem to knock Jesus but Jesus never discriminated against gay people.

My understanding is that only negative things were said about gay people in the old testament and that in all there are only 7 references or less (Correct me if I'm wrong).

The Catholic church does discriminate against gay people but in my opinion the Catholic church does not represent Jesus.

Hope you don't mind me getting that off my chest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Thanks for that little nugget. :rolleyes:
    UCDCritic wrote:
    When are you queers going to get it?

You're right. They completely distort our values because they have none of their own

Go off and spout this nonsense somewhere else, even AH are fed up of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Thanks for that little nugget. :rolleyes:

Go off and spout this nonsense somewhere else, even AH are fed up of it.

You're trying to change the subject.

As you are offended by certain things people say it offends me when people say negative things about Jesus. That's what makes me upset.

Again Jesus never said anything bad about gay people.

It's the Catholic church not Jesus. The Catholic church does not represent Jesus in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I'm not trying to troll

Congratulations,

I'm still blocking you, your AH comments were *ahem* interesting :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

As you are offended by certain things people say it offends me when people say negative things about Jesus. That's what makes me upset.

It's the Catholic church not Jesus. The Catholic church does not represent Jesus in my opinion.

Can you provide actual, real examples (so not one AH commenter) where anything has been said in relation to jesus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Nobody in this forum is saying anything about Jesus or religion. This is the wrong forum to bring your AH antics over to. Absolutely happy to talk to you on a more constructive topic but you have a clear history (mostly on AH) and unfortunately it's not good. If you have an issue with something somebody specifically said, take it up with them on said thread where they said it. Otherwise, you're just painting us all as a single unit, 'the queers' (which my select quote wonderfully demonstrated).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I don't think many gay people have a problem with Jesus. In fact, I'd wager a lot of us would quite like it if all Christians acted like he did. Unfortunately, they don't. They use the bible and other assorted writings to tell us we're wrong for loving.

That's the most unChristian thing I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

picard_clapping.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dr. Shrike

I don't think Jesus would have approved of posting in the AH section in the first place :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Careful now! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

The start of the OP sounded like a song...c

AND I-I-I-IM NOT TRYING TO TROLL NOW PLEASE BELIEVVVVEEE MEEEH.

• Advertisement

I just wanted to say because a lot of gay people seem to knock Jesus but Jesus never discriminated against gay people.

Ok - so you have said it. The obvious question is "So what? Whats your point?".

Because -

A) I do not see anyone on this area of the forum discussing Jesus at all and
    B) I see no reason to think that the alleged opinions of a long dead bronze age carpenters son have any bearing on homosexuality at all?

So while your point is as clear as it is mundane and superfluous - your motivation for making it and where you think you are going with it - is rather opaque.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

He had a lot to say about being hateful and not loving your neighbour.

From the looks of your comments, you and the J.C. got beef....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,547 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks. If you believe a post is trolling report it. If you accuse someone of trolling on thread thats back seat modding and you can get yellow red carded for that.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It's a pity how religion whiich is ironically supposed to be about encouraging compassion and respect for all fellow human beings usually ends up being about division, intolerance for anyone who dares to be different, judging and condemning others and a platform for taking advantage of more vulnerable people. OPs views just reinforce that.

No wonder so many people feel alienated by religion.

Advertisement