Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving up salary scale

• 08-09-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

How many teaching hours must beccompleted in a year to move up a point on the salary scale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

One year on an RPT contract qualifies you for an increment. Alternatively, 600 hours as far as I know is what's needed to get one! There's a freeze on increments at the minute so may not be much good to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 teach432

There's a freeze on increments at the minute so may not be much good to you!

Are they still frozen?? I thought increments came back into operation after we signed up to Haddington Road.... Could be wrong, there has been so much coming and going in recent years I can't keep up anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

One year on an RPT contract qualifies you for an increment.

Even if the contract is for 10 hrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

No you wouldn't get an increment for a ten hour contract.

Increments are delayed not frozen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The next two increments are at 15 month intervals instead of 12 months. So for a lot of teachers who normally get their increment in September, that means December 14 and March 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Sorry to bring up an old thread but here's another question on moving up the salary scale. I've tried searching for an answer but everything keeps coming back in hours.
    So you need 600hours to gain an incremental credit
    I just got a statement of service and it indicates I've worked 341 DAYS towards my next increment. Is days a typo or is there someway to convert days to hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Sorry to bring up an old thread but here's another question on moving up the salary scale. I've tried searching for an answer but everything keeps coming back in hours.
    So you need 600hours to gain an incremental credit
    I just got a statement of service and it indicates I've worked 341 DAYS towards my next increment. Is days a typo or is there someway to convert days to hours?

Odd. To be honest it's not something I'm too familiar with, but are you part time or full time? When you consider 167 days is a full school year then that could equate to about 2 years increment. On the other hand if you are only working 1 class per day, then it wouldn't be anywhere near that. Did the statement of service come from DES or ETB or both?

DES
    I'll enquire with payroll but thought someone here might know.
    Didn't even think of the two yr thing! That would mean I was underpaid all of last yr (on a 14hr contract)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

DES
    I'll enquire with payroll but thought someone here might know.
    Didn't even think of the two yr thing! That would mean I was underpaid all of last yr (on a 14hr contract)

If you've worked 341 days on 14hr weeks that's 955hrs.

• Advertisement

Just to update
    Days wasn't an error. It's what they do re casual subs etc.
    Apparently the formula to convert is divide your days worked by 365 and multiply by 600. And then don't forget to tag on the three month freeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Whole time teachers are paid for every day of the year. So it is days. That's part of the reasoning behind sick Mon and Fri = 4 days

Advertisement