Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

FitzShane wrote: »
    For some reason, my phone won't take a charge today. I'm using the OPO charging cable. It completes one 'rotation' on the charging icon and then just stops.

Anyone else have this problem? Never had it before.

EDIT: think I've found the issue. I had the cable plugged into a laptop docking station via USB, I have done for months, but it seems like it is not working today but when the cable is plugged directly into the laptop it does work.

EDIT: it's charging, but just about. It's like the phone has revered to just after when I updated to Lollipop and it took like a day to charge. I haven't had a system update lately though.

Dont bother charging phones off laptop ports. they have '****e' current. Just go get a plug in charger and use that. Laptop charging is a mugs game always will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

listermint wrote: »
    Dont bother charging phones off laptop ports. they have '****e' current. Just go get a plug in charger and use that. Laptop charging is a mugs game always will be

Exactly, a laptop port only outputs 500mA, most smartphones require at least three times that. The charger that ships with the OPO is 2100mA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

anyone else have a dead phone. I have a few in the company. Mine died last week, was working at 4am and plugged in and then was dead when I rechecked at 6am. Won't turn on and no charge light coming on.

Put this down as just a dead phone however another phone has just been given to me with the same issue?

Now at this stage mine is out of warranty as I unplugged and replugged in the battery to no avail but don't know what to make of it?

edit: ignnore second one turned on with a power cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

rebeve wrote: »
    I switched to mokee , and my battery life has been restored .

mokee, any major issues seems to a Chinese ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

FitzShane wrote: »
    For some reason, my phone won't take a charge today. I'm using the OPO charging cable. It completes one 'rotation' on the charging icon and then just stops.

Anyone else have this problem? Never had it before.

EDIT: think I've found the issue. I had the cable plugged into a laptop docking station via USB, I have done for months, but it seems like it is not working today but when the cable is plugged directly into the laptop it does work.
    listermint wrote: »
    Exactly, a laptop port only outputs 500mA, most smartphones require at least three times that. The charger that ships with the OPO is 2100mA.

Not completely true: Depends on the type of USB port. Some older USB 1.0 ports only deliver up to 500 mA, but the newer USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 deliver a lot more.

More info here: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/115251-how-usb-charging-works-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭NU8

Hi,

My One Plus One just arrived this morning and I am just wondering what ROM to put on it.

Is OxygenOS worth installing and will all OPOs eventually be updated to it?

Figure it's worth doing it straight away before setting the phone up.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

NU8 wrote: »
    Hi,

My One Plus One just arrived this morning and I am just wondering what ROM to put on it.

Thanks!

I think the phone is fine as it came. I wouldn't update to CS12 or Oxygen because of the issues with them both.

NU8 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

Exodus is miles ahead of either. Latest was released the other day, give it a few days for the bugs to be ironed out then jump on a nightly

I think the phone is fine as it came. I wouldn't update to CS12 or Oxygen because of the issues with them both.

I still have had no issues on CS12 (what so ever "at all")

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Phone lost the plot yesterday with regards to ghost touch issues, literally couldn't use it, was like that for two hours and took well over 10 reboots to get it back somewhat normal. Any updates on OTA fix for it? Fcuking Lollipop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Duff wrote: »
    Phone lost the plot yesterday with regards to ghost touch issues, literally couldn't use it, was like that for two hours and took well over 10 reboots to get it back somewhat normal. Any updates on OTA fix for it? Fcuking Lollipop.

Seems to be the right hand side of the screen for me .Frustratingly unresponsive. Cannot backspace or press certain letters for maybe a minute or so at a time. Really needs to be fixed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

All I know is my phone is perfect. I'm on the CM nightly version that was taking back down for bad battery life. It's working perfect no battery drain or anything. I'm afraid to flash a newer version in case it messes up. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rainbowmoose

Accidentally dropped my phone two weeks ago and pretty much smashed the lens of the rear view camera. It's still working but photos are useless - blurry and hazy. Anyone know where I might get a repair?
    Oneplus customer service just tried quoting me €247 just to replace this tiny circle of glass & that's almost the price of a new one.
    I've only had the phone since mid March.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Accidentally dropped my phone two weeks ago and pretty much smashed the lens of the rear view camera. It's still working but photos are useless - blurry and hazy. Anyone know where I might get a repair?
    Oneplus customer service just tried quoting me €247 just to replace this tiny circle of glass & that's almost the price of a new one.

You could buy this and fit it yourself or bring it with you into one of those phone repair places and ask them to fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Rooted and installed exodus rom with true silent mode. I installed greenify and overall very happy from the first day (100 to 65 over 9 hours with heavy enough usage). The question I have is beyond backing up my phone what should I do now that it's Rooted that I couldn't do before or what other xposed modules are worth a look?

ronano wrote: »
    Rooted and installed exodus rom with true silent mode. I installed greenify and overall very happy from the first day (100 to 65 over 9 hours with heavy enough usage). The question I have is beyond backing up my phone what should I do now that it's Rooted that I couldn't do before or what other xposed modules are worth a look?

Get these Xposed modules

Min min guard (block in app ads)
    Xgels (loads of new config options for Google Now Launcher)
    Gravity box (lots of Rom tweaks)
    Bootmanager (stop apps launching at boot)
    YouTube adblock
    Amplify (control wakelocks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

SO it sounds like Exodus is the place to be on a OnePlus.

Anyone got a good guide, to rooting and installing it? I'm on stock CM12.0

SO it sounds like Exodus is the place to be on a OnePlus.

Anyone got a good guide, to rooting and installing it? I'm on stock CM12.0

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-r4-official-ota-exodus-android-lollipop.278548/

You'll need to do this first to unlock and flash a new recovery https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I was wondering if anybody is having issues with uTorrent on their One Plus One? On previous Android devices I just downloaded utorrent and when I selected my file from whatever source it downloaded straight away once I had uTorrent open. When I try to download a file on my One Plus One uTorrent opens but the file does not appear. The torrent file is in my phones Download folder but when I select that it tells me "Cant open file".

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

gazzer wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody is having issues with uTorrent on their One Plus One? On previous Android devices I just downloaded utorrent and when I selected my file from whatever source it downloaded straight away once I had uTorrent open. When I try to download a file on my One Plus One uTorrent opens but the file does not appear. The torrent file is in my phones Download folder but when I select that it tells me "Cant open file".

I'm using (the paid version of) u torrent and I don't seem to have that issue. I click on the magnet link and away it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'm using (the paid version of) u torrent and I don't seem to have that issue. I click on the magnet link and away it goes.

Thanks. Maybe I should use the paid version so. I am doing the exact same thing I have done on my previous phones (SG3 and HTC) but nothing is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've had the free version for ages & never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Same here, never any issues with utorrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exact same problem as Gazzer for me aswell so I just switched to Vuse, way slicker programme and better control of files and folders, cant tell if it uses more or less battery power, insignificant difference anyway. I used utorrent for years and it was working on Oneplus before but I had to get rid of it from my laptop and switch to Vuse aswell when it turned into pure bloatware overnight, maybe the prolem is at utorrents end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Think Flud is much better than Utorrent.

Replace it yourself. Its beyond easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Morning all!

My head isn't screwed on properly this morning, it being Monday and all :D
    But I'm trying to switch my Gapps out from one type to another.

In the XDA thread for this, the below instructions are given:
    In order to switch to TK GApps from another GApps provider or remove an Addon Module you're no longer using, you will need to (from Recovery - In the order listed):
    1.Manually wipe (format) your System partition
    2.Flash your ROM
    3.Flash GApps package
    4.Flash any Addon Modules (optional)
    5.Wipe the Dalvik & cache
    6.Reboot

NOTE: You won't lose any of your data or application settings using this method. This method MUST be used when switching to TK GApps from another GApps provider.

Now, it's the NOTE that I don't get.
    Surely if I wipe my system ala part 1, I will certainly lose my data and app settings as the note states that I won't!

Anyone with a functioning brain this morning tell me this isn't a contradiction? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Constantly sold out on the site right now. Rather frustrating as I really want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

What's the best way to completely back up the phone and restore. I have a few glitches and I'm wondering if a reset would solve it. Or will the restore just bring back the glitches I already have? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

eoinf wrote: »
    What's the best way to completely back up the phone and restore. I have a few glitches and I'm wondering if a reset would solve it. Or will the restore just bring back the glitches I already have? Any thoughts?
    Just wipe and start again, its the best way to trim the fat you dont use, same for Windows installations. If you've synced to Google nothing that matters will be lost.

Advertisement