Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android Wear Watches hit the Google Play Store...Ireland too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

3 more days until Motorola announce the 360!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

We have no idea yet, but I know it'll be tight. The demand for this watch seems to be massive, and I'm afraid Motorola would find it impossible to meet the initial demand for it.

I've every intention of getting it if the price is decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Had to bite the bullet and get a Samsung Gear for development, timelines meant I couldn't take the risk of waiting to see if the Moto 360 is stocked in Ireland on launch, so if it is I'll be raging! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Sonics2k wrote: »
    We have no idea yet, but I know it'll be tight. The demand for this watch seems to be massive, and I'm afraid Motorola would find it impossible to meet the initial demand for it.

I've every intention of getting it if the price is decent.

Demand is not very high outside tech circles, im sure it will be as widely available as the first two wear watches.

Received a Samsung Gear Live yesterday from Google Play and it's completely dead, won't turn on or take any charge, shocking quality control from Samsung!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

Received a Samsung Gear Live yesterday from Google Play and it's completely dead, won't turn on or take any charge, shocking quality control from Samsung!

this one looks so sexy!

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/wearables/news/asus-zenwatch-android-wear-smartwatch-to-launch-at-sub-200-price-585586

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

• Advertisement

Has anyone dealt with a defective device bought from Google Play, will they just replace the defective device or can I request a refund and see what Thursday brings on the Moto 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

I love my android toys. Still can't see myself ever needing one of these though. All the things I could do on these watches I would prefer to do on my phone anyway. I mean the phone is in my hands anyway.

Maybe if you had a job where you were not allowed to use a phone, this would work then. Also it's another thing that would need to be charged every night. That definitely is not good for a watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I pretty much agree with the poster above.

I want a SmartWatch, the idea of having notifications on my arm at all times is really cool but I already wear a watch and don't really need one.

I use a tablet in school instead of books so I'm never far from an Android device.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I disagree. I haven't worn a watch in over 15 years since I got a mobile phone - but I would like one of these. There are several reasons but mainly its that I want to use the voice function for doing things, without having to take out my phone. I use a lot of the reminders and "note to self" to add things to my task list (Google tasks). I like asking questions to Google Now - but I bet if it was on my wrist I'd use it more. I also want to be able to see and dismiss notifications without taking out my phone..

My main issue is battery life as I don't want to have to charge it every day so I'll wait for the 2nd/3rd gen models before I take the plunge.

I just got a cheque from my parents for my 30th for €300. I know perfectly well I'll spend about €100 of that for my daughters birthday, so I'll be keeping the other €200 and putting it on the 360 when o have the rest of the cash.

I fell in love with the 360 when I saw it, and I've had a Sony SmartWatch 2 since December and its mostly been very handy, but the added functionality of Google Now, which o use constantly during the day plus the beautiful design of it really calls to me. If I have the money on release day, it will be a day one purchase for me, even though I know I should wait at least a month for the proper reviews to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

€80 off a Nexus 5 when you buy a LG G Watch at the same time.

So the lot (16gb) for €468 excl. shipping.

9a98a39b73.jpg

Anyone know what time Motorola's event is on tomorrow?

Is the Gear S being covered in another thread seeing that it's tizen and not android wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Is it me or does that zen watch seem like it's got a hell of a lot of wasted space taken up by the bezel?

Comparison to the Moto 360 below.

321036.jpg321038.jpg

• Advertisement

big.jpg

LG's G Watch R hands on via GSM Arena.com.

I actually think this looks pretty cool, like a good sportswatch. Not quite as sexy as the Moto 360, but still gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

TK from XDA TV goes through a few useful apps that are Wear enabled in the video below.

Stuff like this would make appreciate a smart watch more than the current out of the box setup, which is basically Google Now on a separate screen.

Moto 360 reviews are pouring in now, most seem overall very positive, with the exception of battery life concerns. Priced at $249

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

No Moto 360 for us, at least not yet.

Oh god its so beautiful I want it!

I've been watching the reviews, and they all rip on the battery life saying they can just about get a day, though the WSJ claim she had to charge it twice a day which I don't quite believe.

I think I'll make the plunge at the end of the month once bills and the like are paid!

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Oh god its so beautiful I want it!

I've been watching the reviews, and they all rip on the battery life saying they can just about get a day, though the WSJ claim she had to charge it twice a day which I don't quite believe.

I think I'll make the plunge at the end of the month once bills and the like are paid!

My thoughts exactly. G Watch R doesnt appeal to me, at all really. Its nice, but its also quite ugly :pac:

Will probably order one mid October if available, hopefully at €199 too :)

• Advertisement

My thoughts exactly. G Watch R doesnt appeal to me, at all really. Its nice, but its also quite ugly :pac:

Will probably order one mid October if available, hopefully at €199 too :)

Will it be €199? I expect it to be €250 when it comes out, so I'll be ready just in case.

Advertisement