Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Appealing a verbal warning, advice needed!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,736 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are you a union member?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭shnburn

Go to your boss and explain the situation that u had a private conversation and it was over heard and the person who comlpained heard it wrong i had same problem in college if you done nothing wrong dont back down

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ray13

Mrsdev wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've just been informed of a verbal warning I've been given, I had a disciplinary hearing last week. But I want to appeal this decision.
    It's all over a complaint that was made regarding a private conversation I was having with a colleague and the person overheard this (and took out of context) and complained about it.
    It was all very scatty how it was dealt with. When it was first brought to my attention my boss wasn't able to give me a consistently accurate complaint, until my disciplinary hearing I was unsure which of the 2 complaints she had told me I was being disciplined over. The complaint was made verbally and the person wants to remain anonymous.
    What I want to know is, if I'm being issued with a warning now, am I entitled to know where the complaint came from? I'm the most senior member of staff in the section of the company I work in, so I'm baffled how it's gone so far. It's causing me so much stress and anxiety, I'm currently out of work with it all.

If anyone can please help, I would really appreciate it, I've only 3 days left to appeal.

Thanks[/quote

Hi, if you can clarify, did you speak about colleague A to colleague B who overheard? What exactly was the complaint made? Complainants can be anonymous depending on situation, but nature of complaint must be disclosed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OP has edited out their post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement