Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭grinder23

I don't know what you are doing but I get close to 48 hrs between charges. Usually the 38-40 hour mark.

Same here and i use quite a bit of internet daily and use music to and from work which is only 40 mins daily, and roughly 20mins of calls and handful of texts and i charge every 2nd night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Zillah wrote: »
    You're not managing your power well. My S3 will last from 9AM until the wee hours of the morning unless I've been doing something very battery hungry like watching a movie. Try turning down your brightness, disabling unnecessary vibration and features (wireless/GPS), shutting down apps that might be hogging power.

It's not the phone, you're doing something wrong.

mine is a GT-i9305 ( the 4g vesion, not available in ireland ) other than the extra RAM i dont know whats different about it but it eats batteries . i have everything disabled , battery saving activated , shut down apps after using them etc but i still eats them .
    having said that , 2 guys i work with have normal S3 and they barely get the day out of them either . so i dont think its that the batteries in them are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I think battery usage comes down to the apps installed as much as anything else. Some apps are very heavy on the battery I find. For a week I was barely getting a day out of my phone, kept an eye on the battery stats, uninstalled the culprit and it's all good again, nearly 2 days between charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I think battery usage comes down to the apps installed as much as anything else. Some apps are very heavy on the battery I find. For a week I was barely getting a day out of my phone, kept an eye on the battery stats, uninstalled the culprit and it's all good again, nearly 2 days between charges.

never thought of that must have a look cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

apope8 wrote: »

I'd say that's it, or very close to it...

Serious quadrant scores there....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd say that's it, or very close to it...

Serious quadrant scores there....

It just looks like a bigger S3, I'm very torn between this and the HTC One

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

Not long to go now. Early rumors that the phone would come with s-pen have seem to have be downplayed a bit so looking less likely.

My Wishlist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

apope8 wrote: »

It just looks like a bigger S3, I'm very torn between this and the HTC One

Or a smaller galaxy note II (without the stylus) in that case I'm more than happy to hang on to what I've got (galaxy note 2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

leemaree wrote: »

I don't think that leaked device is the final s4 to be honest. More likely its a mock up bezel. I'd be pretty sure the final finished product would be better looking than that. Look at the physical buttons at the bottom, no way will they be there on the final version. Those almost certainly are the specifications alright tho, but they've been mooted for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Will it have 'snake' on it though ?

SamHall wrote: »
    Will it have 'snake' on it though ?

:rolleyes:
    Easily Got PlayStore Link :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just noticed from the pictures that its dual sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

so my galaxy ace is packing in atm, n want to get a s3 maybe today or do you think i should wait for the s4 or would there be a major difference between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Rich11 wrote: »
    so my galaxy ace is packing in atm, n want to get a s3 maybe today or do you think i should wait for the s4 or would there be a major difference between them?

I'd say just wait and see, its 2 days till the announcment then maybe a few days before release. just all depends on when Europe gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

First official picture of the S4 - looks like the leaked pictures were pretty much spot on.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s4-revealed-in-first-official-image-50010615/

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

SuprSi wrote: »
    First official picture of the S4 - looks like the leaked pictures were pretty much spot on.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s4-revealed-in-first-official-image-50010615/

I wasn't overly impressed with the leaked pictures. I have a 4S and I was holding off for this. I hope its not plasticky feeling. If it have the iphone quality build/feel along with everything the S3 offers I would def get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah I didn't think those leaked photo's were that impressive. I'd hope they would change the appearance a bit to distinguish it, rather than just change the size of it, but it looks like it'll be more or less the same. I reckon it'll still made of plastic though I'd be less concerned about this as I'd put it in a case anyway.

In fairness its hard to judge off leaked pictures.I really hope I am wowed by this. Would love an excuse to get a new savage phone. Looking forward to the release if there is one.

On another note I am off the US on April 4th. Wonder will it be released over there by then? Anyone know if I was able to buy it there would my warranty be covered when I get back to Ireland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not really a fan of change for the sake of it. Nothing wrong with the s3 design, it's really nice. It's the hardware/software that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was really hoping samsung would stop this poxy idea of going bigger and bigger. Bigger screen doesn't mean better. It's the one thing putting me off getting this phone mini tablet
    What app was the culprit?

I'm not really a fan of change for the sake of it. Nothing wrong with the s3 design, it's really nice. It's the hardware/software that matters.

Ye I agree, but at the same time, if you can improve on something, I think they should go for it. Anyway all will be revealed soon enough. The S3 is one amazing phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I heard that it might ship with 2 batteries.
    Definitely going to have a plastic back , easy to slot in a new battery!
    How do ya change the battery on an iPhone or nexus?

Plastic is more practical than glass on a phone imo, no scratches or cracking!

My white galaxy s3 is nicer looking than me friends iPhone 5 most definitely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭damul

Definitely going to have a plastic back , easy to slot in a new battery!
    How do ya change the battery on an iPhone or nexus?

Plastic is more practical than glass on a phone imo, no scratches or cracking!

My white galaxy s3 is nicer looking than me friends iPhone 5 most definitely imo.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a removable battery, I wish all phones did

damul wrote: »

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a removable battery, I wish all phones did

I think alpha was referring to the nexus 4

It would be amazing if it did, the best thing about Samsung phones are the fact that they have removable batteries so you can carry around spares. Their new phone stands that double up as spare battery chargers help alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I remember being disappointed with the S3 when the pics came out but being completely blown away when I seen it in person... Then going back to "its looks are OK I guess" shortly after.

Advertisement