Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning!

• 18-10-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I just wanted to warn other users of the forum of my recent dismay with eMobile.

Following over 15 un-responded emails from the "customer care" team at this company, my contract which was a 35e per month contract, half price offer, my contract was cancelled without any notice. I had requested a cancellation months prior but having heard nothing, presumed it was not possible and decided to give them another go. On receiving an email out of the blue, I was informed of this cancellation.
    At this stage, I had again tried to get in touch and have this cancellation revoked as i wanted to keep using the phone, I was told that this was not possible, and I could only deal with Hugh J Ward solicitors from now on. Again, I tried to settle all outstanding debts with eMobile, but, not surprisingly, my email went unanswered.
    I had requested cancellation 4 months after the start of my contract, due to an outstanding issue, which was still on my phone 6 months later. In my opinion, I had paid 4 months of bills, of my 18 month contract, meaning there would be 14 months outstanding ( 14 months x 35e = 490e ).
    I was than more than happy to receive a bill for over 800 euro recently. Having tried to deal with a solicitor who will not answer questions, I have given up and started to pay back a bill, I feel , is completely unjustified.
    For anyone thinking of joining eMobile, I very much encourage you to read this experience and make an informed decision...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This is partially your fault for paying any heed to what is a bunch of debt collectors dressed up as a solicitors firm. eircom sold the debt because they considered it unrecoverable. Debt collectors buy at 10-20c face value.

If you won in the small claims court you might be able to get eircom to call them off.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I just wanted to warn other users of the forum of my recent dismay with eMobile.

Following over 15 un-responded emails from the "customer care" team at this company, my contract which was a 35e per month contract, half price offer, my contract was cancelled without any notice. I had requested a cancellation months prior but having heard nothing, presumed it was not possible and decided to give them another go. On receiving an email out of the blue, I was informed of this cancellation.
    At this stage, I had again tried to get in touch and have this cancellation revoked as i wanted to keep using the phone, I was told that this was not possible, and I could only deal with Hugh J Ward solicitors from now on. Again, I tried to settle all outstanding debts with eMobile, but, not surprisingly, my email went unanswered.
    I had requested cancellation 4 months after the start of my contract, due to an outstanding issue, which was still on my phone 6 months later. In my opinion, I had paid 4 months of bills, of my 18 month contract, meaning there would be 14 months outstanding ( 14 months x 35e = 490e ).
    I was than more than happy to receive a bill for over 800 euro recently. Having tried to deal with a solicitor who will not answer questions, I have given up and started to pay back a bill, I feel , is completely unjustified.
    For anyone thinking of joining eMobile, I very much encourage you to read this experience and make an informed decision...

Hi stuckinarut,

Sorry to hear of your issues. Could you PM your mobile number and pin and I will get this investigated for you. Could you PM your email address and I will look into why you did not receive a response.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

Id say dont give up.... and dont take it from them... there is more then one way to skin a cat when dealing with such dishonest individuals....
    email me in private if you want.... if will cost them more....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

My only issue is I have since emmigrated to Australia so trying to sort from here..

I just don't want the bad mark on my name, and this coming back to haunt me when I get home and look to get a house etc.

I have paid 200e last week as I had given up arguing with this stage.. And to make matters worse, they still won't give me a written confirmation that my phone will be network unlocked once the debt is settled.. I will be holding off any further payments until this is received, that's for sure..

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

My only issue is I have since emmigrated to Australia so trying to sort from here..

I just don't want the bad mark on my name, and this coming back to haunt me when I get home and look to get a house etc.

I have paid 200e last week as I had given up arguing with this stage.. And to make matters worse, they still won't give me a written confirmation that my phone will be network unlocked once the debt is settled.. I will be holding off any further payments until this is received, that's for sure..

Hi stuckinarut,

I have sent you a PM in regard to this. Once I receive your details I will look into this for you.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

Think that should be sorted for you now.... i know the amount was at least reduced by 50pc, but hoping for more then that... catch ya laters..

Advertisement