Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

javagal try their new cookiecore one, it's awesomepants!

McChubbin hope you're doing okay, such an awful situation to be in, stay stong love x (also if you find anything else of his in the house- clothes, watch etc stick it up on ebay asap!)

Sar_Bear Welcome!!!

Kiera I want that tree more than I've wanted anything in my life

The OH wants a kitty!!!!! YEAY! Now I gets to go kitty window shopping on rescue websites.
    He only wants a kitten since his last cat (a 2 year old rescue) ran away after 6 months at his house and broke his heart. His cat before that he had since he was a kitty and he lived to be 17 and only died 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Damn it RacoonQueen, was just about to post that! My French friend recently had creme eggs and loved them (can't find them in France) and was really excited when I mentioned creme egg Easter eggs...it was like kicking a puppy to tell her they're not full of the creme stuff.

Also, the public in general are crap. Just crap. This weekend has been filled with too much time dealing with them and their crapness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

pampootie wrote: »
    How will you make the filling?! It must involve an insane amount of sugar.

Yep :) Sugar, liquid glucose and vanilla essence. Plus some food colouring for the middle! He claims he'll eat it, I think he'll get 3 bites in and be done...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

That first one is insane!!! :eek:

I would love to try to make one but I'm the only one in my house that likes them so it would probably be left in the freezer forever and slowly consumed with one of those really long coffee glass spoons :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

You're all sick! Creme Eggs are vile and disgusting and should be banned immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    When I win the lotto I'm gonna get someone to invent a tree that grows packets of crisps :D

Your ideas intrigue me, I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    You're all sick! Creme Eggs are vile and disgusting and should be banned immediately.

g.
    t.
    f.
    o.

creme eggs are full of champion stuff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    champion stuff

Is that code for racehorse semen?

:pac:

But srsly I do like creme eggs, but I couldn't eat a whole one anymore, I should try to freeze one and then slice it in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Honey-ec wrote: »

Have to agree.

They've changed in the last few years. The chocolate is still ok, but the filling is rank now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »

Aaaaaaaand I'm off creme eggs for life....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

but the filling is rank now :(

no :(..........I haven't had one since last year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I am now addicted to that pimp that snack website. I want a giant jaffa cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'd love to be able to afford some Christian Dior pale foundation. I had a free make over with it a few years ago and my complexion was like that of a porcelean doll. Sadly, the price tag of €45 a bottle put me off buying it.
    I'm sick of all the foundations in my price range being too beige. I'm naturally pale and sallow skinned and unlike a lot of women, I pride myself on my palour.
    Can anyone recommend a proper PALE foundation for proper pale skin? I'm sick of the "tidemark" look.

In other news, can anyone tell me where I can buy a nice tailored blazer? I'm going to a 21st b-day party soon and I'd like to look hipster-chic. I've already got the glasses and the black trousers. I just need a waistcoat, a trilby and a sullen contempt for 80% of today's music. :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Meet your uber-pale sister. According to my mother, I got slightly sunburnt today while running... on a cloudy day in March at 10am. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I have no words.

The horror....

The horror...

The horror...

:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to afford some Christian Dior pale foundation. I had a free make over with it a few years ago and my complexion was like that of a porcelean doll. Sadly, the price tag of €45 a bottle put me off buying it.
    I'm sick of all the foundations in my price range being too beige. I'm naturally pale and sallow skinned and unlike a lot of women, I pride myself on my palour.
    Can anyone recommend a proper PALE foundation for proper pale skin? I'm sick of the "tidemark" look.

I use one of the loreal true match ones. I wear make up so irregularly though that I was thinking of buying a really good one so it'd look good when I do wear it. Might go to waste though, always feels like it's gone thick or gloopy after a few months? :confused: I'd probably have the same bottle for about 18 months
    Daisies wrote: »
    I am now addicted to that pimp that snack website. I want a giant jaffa cake!

Wasted many an hour on that site a few years ago. Used to date a guy in the UK and we'd be on msn chatting to each other for hours every night. We stayed up all night once the two of us browsing that site and chatting randomly about it. :D

Ah young love. :):rolleyes:

I use one of the loreal true match ones. I wear make up so irregularly though that I was thinking of buying a really good one so it'd look good when I do wear it. Might go to waste though, always feels like it's gone thick or gloopy after a few months? :confused: I'd probably have the same bottle for about 18 months

Check the packaging, there's a little symbol on the label of all cosmetics that tells you how long they're good for once they've been opened. It looks like a little eyeshadow pot with the lid off and it'll say 6M or 12M or 24M, or however many months it'll stay ok for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thanks Honey. I always wondered what that was for. :D I probably now have no usable make up... :rolleyes:

Thanks Honey. I always wondered what that was for. :D I probably now have no usable make up... :rolleyes:

The only thing I'd be really ruthless with is mascara/liquid eyeliner. Treat everything else as a guideline!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:pac:

Haha I guess I wont be eating them ever again after that statment :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

i frowned at my sore tummy, and the fact that i left college work late...AGAIN. Oh, and that my best friends parents hate me. that made me, well, cry.

fufureida wrote: »
    Oh, and that my best friends parents hate me. that made me, well, cry.

what did you do : )?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

McChubbin wrote: »

In other news, can anyone tell me where I can buy a nice tailored blazer? I'm going to a 21st b-day party soon and I'd like to look hipster-chic. I've already got the glasses and the black trousers. I just need a waistcoat, a trilby and a sullen contempt for 80% of today's music. :P
    Meet your uber-pale sister. According to my mother, I got slightly sunburnt today while running... on a cloudy day in March at 10am. :eek:

meet your sister girls, my bobbi brown makeup is so pale its not even a number is 00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Creme eggs are disgusting!! bleh!!

i should be asleep right now......im trying to do an essay!!!

fuuu_Busted-s512x386-98509.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

How the feck can you get sunburnt in Ireland?! O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

least ur trying buddy.....im goin to do the dublin city marathon any advice????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i wear bobbi brown alabaster and it's white like me
    the finishing powder for it is also literally white

i went to get a professional makeup thingy done once for a wedding and they didn't have a foundation pale enough for me :rolleyes:

i am also likely to get sunburn from running in march

i hate creme eggs
    i also hate mornings

best friend's birthday last week, meeting today, need to buy her a present at lunchtime...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Try elf.co.UK for pale foundation, they do a very light one, I got it and it's too light for me.

I slept last night, so fecking happy :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My cooker is still broken. I hate my landlord. He's such a lazy article.

Microwave dinners are not fun when they are the only thing you can make.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Guess who was a clever girl and forgot her towel when she came up from home yesterday?!...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement