Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WIT Accommodation that allows pets (cats)

Options
  • 30-01-2015 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm curious do any of WIT's accommodations allows pets, specifically cats?
    I pretty determined to take my cat with me, so I want to ask anyone living with a pet in WIT if that's at all possible, or if there are ways to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any accommodation manned by letting agencies (Manor Properties, Guirys etc.) have a strict no pets rule as far as I know.

Best bet would be to get onto the college (room beside the Student Union) and see what's available. Many landlords that have houses advertised there should be willing to accept pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 O.K.

So basically, the places near the credit union are my best bet right,
    I'll look into that.
    Thanks.

I did a bit of research and WIT campus accommodation has a not pets rule... dammit.
    Not like I was planning on living on their campus anyway! >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Hardly fair expecting to bring pets to a small college apartment with 3 other anyway so thats to be expected.

Go for private accommodation and just dont mention the cat then move it in. Thats what i always did. Cats do feck all apart from sleep around anyway. Like a lot of WIT students ha

Would you go for a 1 bed apt?

Also are you sure you absolutely have to bring the cat? You are putting a lot of restrictions on yourself by bringing it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'll most likely take a 1 bed, and yes I absolutely must bring her with me!
    I'm pretty attached to my cat, plus she's funny as hell, theres no way I'll leave her behind haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

O.K. wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll most likely take a 1 bed, and yes I absolutely must bring her with me!
    I'm pretty attached to my cat, plus she's funny as hell, theres no way I'll leave her behind haha.

yeah i see what you mean. Youll pay about 450 for something decent and also get covers for the couches if its a scratcher.

Youll have to get a 12 month lease as its not gonna be an apartment aimed at students so be prepared to lose deposit if leaving early. Very expensive pet to keep.

Advertisement