Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelling eircom. What is the email address?

• 27-01-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I notified you yesterday by  phone of my intention to cancel. 
    I was then told to cancel via email or hard copy. 
    I didn't take down the email address for some reason only the address in Ballymount. 
    I tried emailing to phonecancellations @ eircom. ie and I got a delivery failure on this. 
    Can you please tell me the correct email thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

norabattie wrote: »
    I notified you yesterday by  phone of my intention to cancel. 
    I was then told to cancel via email or hard copy. 
    I didn't take down the email address for some reason only the address in Ballymount. 
    I tried emailing to phonecancellations @ eircom. ie and I got a delivery failure on this. 
    Can you please tell me the correct email thanks
    Hi norabattie

I'll PM it to you now

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Cheers for that Al. 

norabattie wrote: »
    Cheers for that Al. 
    You're welcome norabattie

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭willycat

Hi Alan, can you please send it to me, too? I am sick of this useless broadband and of being throttled every day. Thank God I can leave without paying cancellation fees.

willycat wrote: »
    Hi Alan, can you please send it to me, too? I am sick of this useless broadband and of being throttled every day. Thank God I can leave without paying cancellation fees.
    Hi willycat

The email address is set to serve as confirmation and without a call to eircoms cancellation team firstly then it will not be recognised. Please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901 who will take your request to cease and advise you on the email address.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi willycat

The email address is set to serve as confirmation and without a call to eircoms cancellation team firstly then it will not be recognised. Please contact eircom cancellations on free phone 1901 who will take your request to cease and advise you on the email address.

Thanks

Al
    Can you point to where that procedure is provided for in Eircom's Terms and Conditions? 

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Part3.1.pdf

"7.2 Subject to the provisions of Clause 7.10.3 of the eircom General Terms and Conditions and Clause 7.3 of this Agreement, this Agreement may be terminated by either party on one-month’s written notice to the other. In the event of changes notified by eircom to the Agreement, the Customer may terminate this Agreement, without charge, by serving notice in writing prior to the date of implementation of such changes. The Customer will be deemed to have accepted any implemented changes, by continuing to use the Facility. "

There appears to be no requirement there for any customer to contact Eircom on any phone number whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hi willycat

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

I called up to cancel due to the price increase. However I was told that as I had not yet received the letter that I wasn't able to cancel and I had to receive the letter first and then read it out over the phone.

According to the website, the monthly price is increasing (I'm on eFibre Advanced unlimited) , so why am I not being allowed to cancel?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

The price increase has been confirmed for start of April, so you should not need a letter (they are breaking the terms of your contract). They offered me to waive the increase if I stayed but I am not interested in staying, better deals elsewhere.

Hi willycat

Thanks

Al
    Yeah, I called two times 1901 and they hanged me up in the middle of everything, both times. A couple of hours wasted, being on hold, and for what? They just ended the call for no reason.

So what should I do, Alan? Keep calling this number and keep being hanged up?

Eircom is a big joke, they can't do a single thing right, can't even properly attend their own customers on the phone. I want to cancel, please tell me the email address!

Hi willycat

Thanks

Al
    Yeah, I called two times 1901 and they hanged me up in the middle of everything, both times. A couple of hours wasted, being on hold, and for what? They just ended the call for no reason.

So what should I do, Alan? Keep calling this number and keep being hanged up?

Eircom is a big joke, they can't do a single thing right, can't even properly attend their own customers on the phone. I want to cancel, please tell me the email address!
    Hi willycat

A call is spcifically required to 1901 - the quickest and easiest way to get through to an agent in cancellations is as follows:

When prompted by the automated voice please enter your landline number then choose option 2 when prompted and then choose option 4 to move house or cancel a service and then option 2 to remove a service. A cancellations agent will take your cancellation request and then confirm the email address for final confirmation. The email address is to serve as confirmation which is why it's important to call.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi willycat

A call is spcifically required to 1901 - the quickest and easiest way to get through to an agent in cancellations is as follows:

When prompted by the automated voice please enter your landline number then choose option 2 when prompted and then choose option 4 to move house or cancel a service and then option 2 to remove a service. A cancellations agent will take your cancellation request and then confirm the email address for final confirmation. The email address is to serve as confirmation which is why it's important to call.

Thanks
    Al
    Yes, I did that. And I was hanged up.

So, only way to cancel is to call this number, and when you call this number they hang you up. That's a big joke, sorry Alan. What can I do if they don't want to get my call? I just can't cancel because Eircom guys don't want to deal with my call? OMG

I don't think the ComReg will find this okay to current regulations, if Eircom does not allow me to cancel this week I'll ask them, I am sure I will have better luck there than with your amazing Call Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jonti

I'm the same, can't get an ounce of sense out of their chat room or 1908. Any chance of getting their email address as I want a paper trail of my cancellation etc

this is what I'm going through!!!

[font=HelveticaNeue, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]This installation did not take place [/font]
    [font=HelveticaNeue, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]I have tried at length to chat and phone to no avail. [/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif]below is a transcript of our on line conversation - no comprehension [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Info[/font]
     at 11:43, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 9 minutes and 47 seconds. Thank you for your patience.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Info[/font]
     at 11:45, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 8 minutes and 45 seconds. Thank you for your patience.[/font]

at 11:47, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 3 minutes and 8 seconds. Thank you for your patience.[/font]

at 11:49, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 3 minutes and 8 seconds. Thank you for your patience.[/font]

at 11:51, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are now chatting with Yasir.[/font]
    [ltr][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yasir[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome to eir webchat, my name is Yasir how can I help you today?[/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yasir[/font]
     at 11:54, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have not heard from you for some time. Do you wish to continue to chat?[/font]

at 11:57, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since we have not heard from you for some time, we will now end this chat. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.[/font]

[/font]
    [/ltr]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese Begley Luke[/font]
     at 11:59, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish to cancel an order I placed with Eir. After difficulty in getting through to Eir, I was firstly given an installation date of 10th Jan, then 12th Jan AM, my husband took time off work to be there for installation. the techican walked in did nothing and went out again. We have now been given two different dates of the 25th and 29th. People work and cannot take days off randomly IF ye come. you have also sent me an online invoice which states you will be taking e209 from my account, WHY I ordered a package at e35 per month with two extra rooms coming to e45 per month, WHERE DOES E209 come from. I am cancelling the installation if i ever get through to ye[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:00, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Therese.[/font][/font]

[/font][/size][/color][/ltr]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese Begley Luke[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:01, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm really apologies for this.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I understand that you have been charged extra,right?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]why[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For data protection reasons could you please confirm the account number and full name on the account?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So that I will look into that for you right now from my side.[/font][/font]

at 12:03, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I do not have my account number with me as I am at work[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Could you please help me with landline number/[/font]

at 12:04, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]061 303995[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for the information. I will certainly look in to that for you now and will confirm the details.[/font][/font]

at 12:07, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]​Sorry for the delay Therese Begley Luke , I’m still looking into that for you.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ok[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:09, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I appreciate your patience.[/font]

at 12:11, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can see that your package charges is €163.32 and your call chrges €6.8.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can you break that down as it stated the package was e35 a month[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:12, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One moment please will check that.[/font]

at 12:13, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that comes to .173. 12 that does not come to 209[/font]

at 12:15, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I had requested a new package at e35 per month, why are there other charges, this package was to cover free clls to landlies and mobiles[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, for this issue I request you to word with direct loyalty team number.[/font]

at 12:16, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can update the details for you now and will provide the direct contact details of them so that you can have a word with them and get that done.[/font]

at 12:17, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]will that take another hour[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have updated the details and you can dial 1800303600 / 1800312012 or 0170156898 to get connected to them directly and it is also a free phone number. They will be working from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.[/font]

at 12:18, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gosh why is it so difficult to get somebody to address a problem[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:21, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, I can understand your frustration, But I have seen what is on your account and told you.[/font]

at 12:22, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please cancel all accounts immediately with Eir[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:23, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, I'm really sorry for this.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just give me a moment I will explian your bill.[/font]

at 12:27, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, I have checked you bill and you have that all the package what I have explain you.[/font]

at 12:29, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I request you to word with loyalty team number and get it cancel the package which are you dont want.[/font]

at 12:30, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have informed you as a member of Eir and dont intend to spend more of my life trying to get through to somebody who can give me an answer[/font]
    [ltr][color][size][font]
     at 12:31, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm really apologies for the inconvenience.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Jonti wrote: »
    I'm the same, can't get an ounce of sense out of their chat room or 1908. Any chance of getting their email address as I want a paper trail of my cancellation etc

this is what I'm going through!!!

[font=HelveticaNeue,]This installation did not take place [/font]
    [font=HelveticaNeue,]I have tried at length to chat and phone to no avail. [/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,]below is a transcript of our on line conversation - no comprehension [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.[/font]

at 11:43, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 9 minutes and 47 seconds. Thank you for your patience.[/font]

at 11:45, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All agents are currently assisting others. Your estimated wait time is 8 minutes and 45 seconds. Thank you for your patience.[/font]

at 11:47, Jan 13:[/font]

at 11:49, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are now chatting with Yasir.[/font]
    [ltr][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome to eir webchat, my name is Yasir how can I help you today?[/font][/font]

at 11:54, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have not heard from you for some time. Do you wish to continue to chat?[/font]

at 11:57, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since we have not heard from you for some time, we will now end this chat. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance.[/font]

[/font]
    [/ltr]
     at 11:59, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish to cancel an order I placed with Eir. After difficulty in getting through to Eir, I was firstly given an installation date of 10th Jan, then 12th Jan AM, my husband took time off work to be there for installation. the techican walked in did nothing and went out again. We have now been given two different dates of the 25th and 29th. People work and cannot take days off randomly IF ye come. you have also sent me an online invoice which states you will be taking e209 from my account, WHY I ordered a package at e35 per month with two extra rooms coming to e45 per month, WHERE DOES E209 come from. I am cancelling the installation if i ever get through to ye[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]
    Yasir
     at 12:00, Jan 13:
    [/size]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Therese.[/font]

[/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yasir

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm really apologies for this.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I understand that you have been charged extra,right?[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]why[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]
    Yasir
     at 12:01, Jan 13:
    For data protection reasons could you please confirm the account number and full name on the account?

Yasir
     at 12:01, Jan 13:
    [/size]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So that I will look into that for you right now from my side.[/font]

[/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I do not have my account number with me as I am at work[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Could you please help me with landline number/[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]061 303995[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]
    Yasir
     at 12:04, Jan 13:
    [/size]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for the information. I will certainly look in to that for you now and will confirm the details.[/font]

[size=undefined]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]​Sorry for the delay Therese Begley Luke , I’m still looking into that for you.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ok[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

at 12:09, Jan 13:[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I appreciate your patience.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can see that your package charges is €163.32 and your call chrges €6.8.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can you break that down as it stated the package was e35 a month[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

at 12:12, Jan 13:[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One moment please will check that.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]
     at 12:13, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]that comes to .173. 12 that does not come to 209[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I had requested a new package at e35 per month, why are there other charges, this package was to cover free clls to landlies and mobiles[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, for this issue I request you to word with direct loyalty team number.[/font]

at 12:16, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can update the details for you now and will provide the direct contact details of them so that you can have a word with them and get that done.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]will that take another hour[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have updated the details and you can dial 1800303600 / 1800312012 or 0170156898 to get connected to them directly and it is also a free phone number. They will be working from Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]
     at 12:18, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gosh why is it so difficult to get somebody to address a problem[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

at 12:21, Jan 13:[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, I can understand your frustration, But I have seen what is on your account and told you.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]
     at 12:22, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please cancel all accounts immediately with Eir[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, I'm really sorry for this.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just give me a moment I will explian your bill.[/font]

at 12:27, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Therese, I have checked you bill and you have that all the package what I have explain you.[/font]

at 12:29, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I request you to word with loyalty team number and get it cancel the package which are you dont want.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]
     at 12:30, Jan 13:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have informed you as a member of Eir and dont intend to spend more of my life trying to get through to somebody who can give me an answer[/font]
    [ltr][size=undefined]

at 12:31, Jan 13:[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm really apologies for the inconvenience.[/font]

[/font][/size][/ltr]
    Hi  Jonti,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid during busier periods it will take longer to connect with an agent. I would recommend contacting the cancellations team directly on 1901 to arrange cancellation. Feel free to PM me your name & account number & I can take a look into this charges on your bill.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Did this account ever get cancelled.

Exact same problem as i am having

Advertisement