Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wexford GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Slobs

Dermot O Leary was on the team last year from St Pats .

Six of the starting 15 are also U21 in 2016 three of the four subs who came on are underage next year White, Cash and Sutton with one of them also underage in 2016 Cash.

Also in the 24 who are underage in 2015 are French, Luke White, and Baileywho is underage in 2016.

Of the 6 underage in 2016 four of them are with the county seniors Ryan, Devitt, K Foley and Conor Mc Donald . The other two are Goalie O.O' Leary and Paudi Foley who only joined the panel after his leaving cert this year

Paudi Foley is a cousin of The John Niall and Diarmuid Mc Donald all of whom played senior for Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

bruschi wrote: »
    I'd agree that JJ is a great manager and is doing very well, but I also think you are overblowing his ability to go to 'unfashionable clubs'. I assume you are talking about Devitt and Padraig Foely for the Ballyfad and C'beg players, both being major players the whole way up during underage and Devitt is on the senior panel. Hardly Jj plucking them out from thin air. Who is the St Pats player? But again, Camolin are a decent hurling side and not outside the realms of where players could be found.

That isnt to detract from him though, but no need to make an absolute messiah out of him just yet, dont forget how last years AI semi final went.

I dont think we'll win the final, or even be close as this Clare side is truly exceptional, but its still a good sign to be progressing and developing.

I am not making a messiah of him but cast your mind back 3 years to minor when higher profile managers were over them and look at their achievements. How many wexford teams went out over the years with nobody from outside of senior clubs on board? I am delighted to see this change and delt like highlighting it, especially when contrasted to the minor set up where one club had 9 on the panel. No matter how good a minor team they have that is at best lazy selection/scouting.

Just a few points on the Minor Team and the championship this year.

The minor team did rather well after a slow start and were very unlucky not to beat Dublin in the semi final and had more than closed the early gap between them and other teams .

Over all most of the best players were involved in the panel although not the starting 15

The decision not to commence training till Feb was justified in that they exceeded expectations, and Kilkenny also showed that a late start did not hold them back, leaving the early part of the year to the colleges is common sense. (Players are training and playing with their schools for the most part anyway)

On the down side

The domination of one club in the backroom team is unacceptable when trying to build and unite a panel representing the county as a whole.

Inclusion of a large number of players from one particular club in the training panel to the exclusion of better players from other clubs leaves a sour taste.

The practice of underage board officers making big speeches in dressing rooms before matches went out forty years ago.

Co Board should insist that mentors of underage squads should attend a workshop run by the child officer every year and not only be aware of proper practice but to actually follow it in their dealings with all underage players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I am not making a messiah of him but cast your mind back 3 years to minor when higher profile managers were over them and look at their achievements. How many wexford teams went out over the years with nobody from outside of senior clubs on board? I am delighted to see this change and delt like highlighting it, especially when contrasted to the minor set up where one club had 9 on the panel. No matter how good a minor team they have that is at best lazy selection/scouting.

I think you're probably taking me up a bit wrong, so apologies for that. No need to speak in riddles either lads, the manager of this years minors was Larry Coleman from St Martins. There was a big St Martins biaas in the setup and panel. Its clear who you are talking about, not mentioning them makes little difference but could confuse things.

Same with the minor manager 3 years ago. It was Storey and he was a disaster in my opinion. JJ Doyle has brought this bunch on a massive amount.

Look at the team from 3 years ago:
    1. Conor O’Leary (Oulart-the Ballagh),
    2. Seán Murphy (Buffers Alley),
    3. Andrew Kenny (Buffers Alley),
    4. Garret Foley (Fethard),
    5. Colm Heffernan (Faythe Harriers),
    6. Shane O’Gorman (Adamstown),
    7. Walter Furlong (Davidstown-Courtnacuddy),
    8. Jack Guiney (Rathnure),
    9. Conor Devitt (Ballyfad),
    10. Gary Moore (Glynn-Barntown),
    11. Aidan Nolan (HWH Bunclody),
    12. Conor Hughes (Naomh Éanna),
    13. Rhys Clarke (Faythe Harriers),
    14.Conor McDonald ( Naomh Éanna),
    15. Páraic Roche (Buffers Alley)

And this years 21s.
    1. Oliver O’Leary (Buffers Alley)
    2. Garret Foley (Fethard)
    3. Liam Ryan (Rapparees)
    4. Eoin Conroy (Naomh Eanna)
    5. Andrew Kenny (Buffers Alley)
    6. Shane O’Gorman (capt, Adamstown)
    7. Jack O’Connor (St Martin’s)
    8. Aidan Nolan (HWH-Bunclody)
    9. Conor Devitt (Ballyfad)
    10. Jack Guiney (Rathnure)
    11. Garry Moore (Glynn Barntown)
    12. Padraig Foley (Crossabeg-Ballymurn)
    13. Rhys Clarke (Faythe Harriers)
    14. Conor McDonald (Naomh Eanna)
    15. Kevin Foley (Rapparees)
    16. Luke White (St Martin’s)
    17. Jim White (Olegate-Glenbrien)
    18. Ruairi Tubrid (Fethard)
    19. Simon Donohoe (Shelmaliers)
    20. Conor O’Leary (Oulart The Ballagh)
    21. Gavin Bailey (Ferns St Aidan’s)
    22. Tony French (Adamstown)
    23. Peter Sutton (Oulart The Ballagh)
    24. Padraig Doyle (Naomh Eanna)
    25. Declan Byrne (Ferns St Aidan’s)

you've 9 of the same team starting, albeit in a few different positions. And Storey had Walter Furlong from Davidstown too. And I'm sure that Kevin Foley played midfield in that game against Kilkenny too, so that would be 10 of the same team, including a lot of players from unfashionable clubs.

I dont think Storeys main fault was not picking players from clubs outside of senior (as that team had 7 outside senior, this years 21s have 5 outside senior), his fault was he is, in my opinion, a poor manager. So Storey had more players outside of senior clubs than Doyle did, just he couldnt do as well with them.

I think Doyle deserves great credit for bringing these lads on and developing them a lot further. It shouldnt be the case that they need years out of minor to develop, but it has been the case. Even Dunne himself made a complete mess of a minor team, losing to Galway who had 2 players sent off.

I do think this years minors did well though, and proved you dont need to flog players 3 times a week all year round to have a good team. Good quality sessions will bring on players. I suppose coming in so late, and being from the club who most likely will win minor this year, meant they had more players than normal from the Martins. In fairness, a lot of them were only on the extended panel anyway. I think the first 15 was as good as they could have done.

JHCGRB Round 5 2 00 PM Monamolin Taghmon-Camross --- --- Tara Rocks Aidan Foley
    JHCGRB Round 5 2 00 PM Killurin St Mary's Rosslare --- --- Gusserane-O`Rahilly's Brendan Martin
    JHCGRB Round 5 2 00 PM Hollymount Faythe Harriers --- --- Ferns St Aidans Francis Neville
    JAHGRB Semi-Final 2 00 PM Oylgate Naomh Éanna --- --- St Fintan's Seamus Whelan
    TOINAHUGRB Round 5 3 30 PM Monamolin Our Lady's Island --- --- Liam Mellows Padraig Byrne
    TOINAHUGRB Round 5 3 30 PM Hollymount Monageer-Boolavogue --- --- Buffers Alley Damien Donovan
    TOINAHUGRB Round 5 3 30 PM Killurin St Mogue's Fethard --- --- Ballyfad Brian O Leary
    JAHGRB Semi-Final 3 30 PM Oylgate Glynn-Barntown --- --- St Martin's GAA Club Nicholas Kehoe
    CFINTHGRA Round 5 5 00 PM Wexford Park Rathgarogue-Cushinstown --- --- Shamrocks GAA Club Dan Crosby
    CFINTHGRA Round 5 5 00 PM Bree HWH Bunclody/Tig Leath Slí Bun Clóidí --- --- Oulart-The Ballagh David O Leary
    PETSHCHGRA Round 5 6 30 PM Bree Oulart-The Ballagh --- --- Rathnure (Hurling) John Carton
    PETSHCHGRA Round 5 6 30 PM Wexford Park St Anne's Rathangan --- --- Shelmaliers Sean Whelan

Sunday 31st Aug 2014
    Competition Round Time Venue Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Referee
    CFINHUGRB Round 5 1 30 PM Wexford Park Naomh Éanna --- --- Duffry Rovers/Feannaire na Dubh Tíre James Flood
    CFINHUGRB Round 5 1 30 PM Bellefield St Brigid's Blackwater --- --- Fr O`Regans Craanford Pat Kehoe
    PETSHCGRB Round 5 3 00 PM Bellefield Buffers Alley --- --- Cloughbawn Sean O Sé
    PETSHCGRB Round 5 3 00 PM Wexford Park Faythe Harriers --- --- Glynn-Barntown David O Leary
    CFINTHGRA Round 5 5 00 PM Farmleigh Park Oylegate-Glenbrien --- --- Ballygarrett (Hurling) Joe Kelly
    CFINHUGRB Round 5 5 00 PM Bree Askamore (Hurling) --- --- Geraldine O`Hanrahans Phillip Murphy
    PETSHCHGRA Round 5 6 30 PM Bree St Martin's GAA Club --- --- St Abban's Adamstown Niall Mc Donald
    PETSHCGRB Round 5 6 30 PM Farmleigh Park Ferns St Aidans --- --- Rapparees(Hurling) Barry Redmond

Friday 5th Sep 2014
    JUAFBGRA Semi-Final 7 00 PM Taghmon Gusserane-O`Rahilly's --- --- Na Sairséalaigh/Sarsfields TBC
    JFBCGRPA Semi-Final 8 30 PM Taghmon Rathgarogue-Cushinstown --- --- St Brigid's Blackwater TBC

Saturday 6th Sep 2014
    JEINTAFBGR Round 5 2 00 PM Bree Davidstown Courtnacuddy GAA --- --- St Joseph's TBC
    JEINTAFBGR Round 5 2 00 PM Ferns Kilrush --- --- CLG Naomh Pádraig TBC
    JEINTAFBGR Round 5 2 00 PM St. Patrick's Park Geraldine O`Hanrahans --- --- Kilanerin TBC
    TOINTAHGPB Relegation Final 3 00 PM Fr Murphy Park Horeswood G.A.A.Club --- --- Liam Mellows TBC
    JEIAFBGRB Round 5 3 30 PM St. Patrick's Park Realt na Mara --- --- Clonard TBC
    JEIAFBGRB Round 5 3 30 PM Bree Cloughbawn --- --- Marshalstown-Castledockrell TBC
    JEIAFBGRB Round 5 3 30 PM Ferns St Mary's Maudlintown --- --- Naomh Éanna TBC
    LEINTFBGRA Round 5 4 30 PM Piercestown Taghmon-Camross --- --- Kilmore TBC
    LEINTFBGRA Round 5 4 30 PM Oylgate Duffry Rovers/Feannaire na Dubh Tíre --- --- Bannow-Ballymitty TBC
    LEINTFBGRA Round 5 4 30 PM Bellefield Clongeen --- --- Glynn-Barntown TBC
    JUAFBGRA Semi-Final 4 30 PM Fr Murphy Park Buffers Alley --- --- HWH Bunclody/Tig Leath Slí Bun Clóidí TBC
    LEINFGPB Round 5 6 00 PM Oylgate Fr O`Regans Craanford --- --- Ballyhogue TBC
    LEINFGPB Round 5 6 00 PM Piercestown St James' --- --- St Mary's Rosslare TBC
    LEINFGPB Round 5 6 00 PM Bellefield Ferns St Aidans --- --- HWH Bunclody/Tig Leath Slí Bun Clóidí TBC

• Advertisement

Club action over the next week above

To Nights matches

Intermediate A Hurling to nite Wins for St Pats Over Horeswood, Clongeen, over Rathnure and Crossabeg over Marshalstown.

The four from this group in Qtr Finals are Crossabeg, Clongeen Rathnure and St Pats with Horeswood going to the Relegation final

Just to show how quick a club can fall from grace is the example of Marshalstown. Not making the quarters of the third tier now and were only senior maybe six? years ago.

They (Marshalstown) lost to Gorey in the final two years ago but have gone very quite at underage recently in contrast to Crossabeg who have being competing at Premier minor and u21 for the last few years despite being Junior.

Clongeen also qualified in impressive style despite struggling at underage spear headed by the talents of Emmet Kent.

The Pats too have competed at senior level recently and have suffered more than most from emigration but have being producing just enough underage to fill the gaps.

One group in intermediate settled today so far.
    Askamore, Naomh Eanna, Craanford, Duffry Rovers in that order. Blackwater are out and the Geraldine O'Hanrahans in the relegation final.

Intermediate Hurling

Geraldines look likely to make the drop from Intermediate playing Oulart in the relegation final

Askamore finishing first in their group and a rewarded with a qtr final tie against near neighbours HWH !

Gorey and Shamrocks should be interesting

Oylegate will be without Podge Doran for three months. when they Olay Craanford

Ballygarret suprising top place finish will play Duffry.

Senior relegation final will feature Adamstown and Harriers . Atown will need to be better than they were tnite against the Martins who are now finished for the year as are Cloughbawn.

• Advertisement

Wexford U21 Hurling team for final V Clare has one change from the starting semi final team with James White replacing Garrett Foley in defence.

Looks like Wexford are gearing up to combat the Clare two man full forward line with that selection,

After last nights Co Board meeting fixtures have decided to go with the hurling Qtr finals on week end 20/21 Sept with Round 4 of football going ahead on week end of 27/28

Senior football clubs not happy with that one.

James White in defence always surprises me having seen him up front for Oylegate. Seeious powerful runner with the ball and a clean strike of the ball too.
    Just to be a pedant, it is round 5 of football on 27/28. That looks like the Leinster club championships have no Wexford rep again. Happened in 2008 for sure when Kilanerin refused ro play it on the Sunday after winning the Co. final on Saturday afternoon.

I don't necessarily fancy the 21s on Saturday, but they have been quality all year and hopefully can follow the seniors by upsetting Clare. Hopefully Aidan Nolan and Conor Devitt can curb Kelly and Galvin. They are the real poweehouses for Clare.

Speaking of backs and forwards on the U21 team

Not only does James White play in the forwards for his club so do his fellow half backs Shane O Gorman and Jack O Connor (some times) as does Andrew Kenny

While forward Padraig Foley is a half back with his club and during his colleges career.

O Gorman may be due to a lack of forwards in the club though. Foley is versatile enough to play at either end in fairness. Jack O Connor is harder to explain but Andrew Kenny in a club like the Alley who have a load of backs will always end up going up front as he has more hurling than most defensive options.

Well at least these boys went down battling. No shame in being beaten by this Clare team in the manner that they were. All I can say is that I am very proud of the character shown with 10 -15 minutes left when they could have capitulated and taken a real beating. Instead they got back eithin three and gave Clare a real rattle. Well done to all the players and hopefully they bounce back next year as the core of this side are still underage next year.

I think I am right in saying the biggest match in the county today is the intermediate quarter final between Ballygarrett and Duffry Rovers.
    Have to say I would be tipping Ballygarrett. They look very impressive so far in topping their group and doing so without Leighton Gleeson and Jack Hobbs who have opted out this yeat and Jack has just had an operation on a hip. The Duffryhave always been a resilient shower though and never know when they are beaten. I think Ballygarrett will have to battle bit will win by about 4-6 points in the end.

Well how wrong was I. Exact turn around from what I said. Duffry win by six.

Just a few points on the U21 Final

Firstly great credit to all the players and their battling never say die performance.

Clare are a super team and were the deserved winners and always looked the likely winners through out the match .

In Kelly and Galvin they had two players who operated at a level higher than all other players on the Pitch.

For Wexford its a case of a lot done and more to do and just as we learned form the Antrim defeat last year we will have to learn from this defeat as well.

The victory over Galway highlighted problem areas in the team . And despite attempts to fix these they remained and resurfaced again

I am not sure we had the resources to fix them.

Its easy to suggest solutions from the safety of the stand and with a day or two to reflect

all Ireland days bring great pressure and that pressure can impact greatly on players performances especially of things dont go right from the start.

The plan to restrict Kelly did not work
    The problems in the half back line meant that we moved our best ball winner in the first half Foley back to wing back leaving Guiney as alone option in the second half
    Midfield was over run and in need of reinforcements and were seriously out on their feet by the match end
    Clare half back line emerged as an attacking force in the second half to support their already on top midifield and half forward lines .

Wexford a far younger groupwith nine of starting team plus many of the squad available will benefit from the experience of the 2014 campaign, but this is no guarantee that you will be successful with a strong Tipp squad and nearly all the hurling counties with promising teams in the field for 2015.

David Dunne performance was brilliant and his pace marks him out as one to watch

Disappointment yes but happy in the knowledge their is great hope for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The Slobs wrote: »
    Just a few points on the U21 Final

Firstly great credit to all the players and their battling never say die performance.

Clare are a super team and were the deserved winners and always looked the likely winners through out the match .

In Kelly and Galvin they had two players who operated at a level higher than all other players on the Pitch.

For Wexford its a case of a lot done and more to do and just as we learned form the Antrim defeat last year we will have to learn from this defeat as well.

The victory over Galway highlighted problem areas in the team . And despite attempts to fix these they remained and resurfaced again

I am not sure we had the resources to fix them.

Its easy to suggest solutions from the safety of the stand and with a day or two to reflect

all Ireland days bring great pressure and that pressure can impact greatly on players performances especially of things dont go right from the start.

The plan to restrict Kelly did not work
    The problems in the half back line meant that we moved our best ball winner in the first half Foley back to wing back leaving Guiney as alone option in the second half
    Midfield was over run and in need of reinforcements and were seriously out on their feet by the match end
    Clare half back line emerged as an attacking force in the second half to support their already on top midifield and half forward lines .

Wexford a far younger groupwith nine of starting team plus many of the squad available will benefit from the experience of the 2014 campaign, but this is no guarantee that you will be successful with a strong Tipp squad and nearly all the hurling counties with promising teams in the field for 2015.

David Dunne performance was brilliant and his pace marks him out as one to watch

Disappointment yes but happy in the knowledge their is great hope for the future.

Dunnes must be unreal quick, couldn't believe it that he tracked back at one stage in the second half down the wing and managed to catch up to Morey to flick the ball off his hurl. Normally when Morey has space like that in front of him there's no stopping him.

After watching the U21 campaign of 2014 who do people believe will make the step to senior in the following years

Oliver O Leary - 19- Alley Inter A 2nd team goalie
    Garret Foley - 21- Fethard Inter A
    Liam Ryan -19- senior team 2014- Senior Rapps
    Eoin Conroy -20- senior Squad member 2014 one more year Gorey Inter
    Jim White -20- U21 Heading to college on a rugby S-ship Inter Oylegate
    Jack O Connor -20- Senior Squad member Senior St Martins
    Shane O Gorman -21- was a senior squad member two years ago for a year - Senior Adamstown
    Andrew Kenny -20- Senior squad member in 2013 opted out study reasons in 2014 - Senior Buffers Alley
    Aidan Nolan 21- Intermediate HWH Bunclody
    Conor Devitt -19- Senior Squad Inter A Ballyfad
    Jack Guiney -21- 3 years on senior team Senior Rathnure
    Gary Moore -21- 3 years on senior squad Senior Glynn Barntown
    Padraig Foley -19- Inter A Crossabeg Ballymun
    Rhys Clarke- 21- trained with senior squad 2014 Senior Faythe Harriers
    Conor Mc Donald- 19- senior team member 2014 Intermediate Gorey
    Kevin Foley -19- Senior squad member 2014 Senior Rapps
    David Dunne -21- Junior Davidstown dual U21 team and member of Senior fball squad member
    James Cash -19- Senior Shelmaliers dual u21 squad
    Conor O leary -21- Senior Oulart Ballagh
    Peter Sutton -20- Senior Oulart Ballagh
    Ruari Turbitt -21- Inter A Fethard
    Gavin Bailey -19- Senior Ferns
    Simon Donohoe -19- Senior Shelmaliers dual U21
    Tony French -20- Senior Adamstown
    Luke White -20- Senior St Martins
    Declan Byrne -21- Senior Ferns
    Padraig Doyle -21- Intermediate Gorey

• Advertisement

Outside of the ones on the squad already I would say Padraig Foley and Aidan Nolan. I don't think Kevin Foley will make an impact at senior nor Jack O Connor. A recall will probably be in line for Andrew Kenny.

QUARTER FINAL WEEKEND ON THE HURLING FRONT

Senior Hurling

Glynn ended The Oulart - Ballagh five year run with a last minute goal from a 65 to win by a point .

Shels beating Rapps a clash of two clubs which have dominated the minor grade for the past number of years.
    St Annes beat last years Inter champions Buffers Alley,

Ferns saw off the veteran Rathnure team as they seek to make up for last years final defeat.

The last four sees all dual clubs involved Shelmaliers, Glynn Barntown, Ferns St Aidan's and St Anne's

The single code hurling clubs Oulart, Rathnure, and Buffers Alley are out if we Alleys exclude Jun a football team ( Will football training happen in Monamolin.

Of the four only St Anne's have won the title before.

Intermediate Hurling

Surprises galore here where 2013 Int A champions Shamrocks beat 2012 champions Naomh Eanna.
    Craanford are through to their second semi final when they beat 2013 relegated senior team Oylegate by a point, not sure if Padge Doran played . At least Oylegate stopped their slide after last year and their second team are in the Jun B final
    Askamore beat neighbours HWH Bunclody always a tricky fixture when these neighbours are involved.
    Last week Duffry Rovers caused a surprise when beating Ballygarrett when team 1 lost to team 4 from the league stages.

Askamore must be favourites to win this championship now .

Intermediate A

Monageer last year beaten finalists had a big win over league champions Clongeen .

Fethard's young team came good in the second half to stamp their authority on the game with St Pats.

Ballyfad beat Rathnure's second team which had lost players to its senior side

Crossabeg Ballymurn 2012 Junior champions beat 2013 champions Our Ladies Island

Any one of the four can win this championship Fethard and Ballyfad both out of football might push on the hurling front this year but Monageer must be fancied to make up for last year.

Junior Hurling

St James look odds on here with Wexford Senior Captain leading themon in the last four with Taghmon, Starlights, cant think of 4th Bannow ?

Junior A Naomh Eanna drew the final with a mature Glynn Barntown side so must go at it again

Junior B Final will see Kilmore's first team take on Oylegate 2nd team who have regrouped following releagtion from Jun A Last year.

Semis are Ferns v Shels and Glynn v St Annes.

Intermediate are Askamore v Shamrocks and Duffry v Craanford.

Intermediate A are Monageer v Fethard and Ballyfad v Crossabeg.

Will have a stab at who will win the semi finals which can be pointless exercise at the best of times /

Senior

With Oulart gone everyone of the four will figure they will have a chance

The bookies will go for St Annes over Glynn and Ferns over Shels

I will go for St Annes and Shels

With a slight and only slight leaning towards an Annes final victory.

Intermediate

Askamore to beat Shmrocks

Craanford to put an end to the Duffry run

This will give us the derby final where Askamore would be seen as likely winners , but Craanford would be more than capable of putting one over on the Askamore who they beat last year.

Intermediate A

The Fethard and Monageer semi final will go with Fethard an emerging young side to fill fill the first leg of 2016 senior champions which seems to be rescheduled to 2018 now. Nothing beats ambition.

Ballyfad V Crossabeg . Ballyfad experience backed by two young emerging hurlers Niall Hughes and Conor Devitt might prove to much for the young Crossabeg side.

Fethard to win out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tommythumbs

The Slobs wrote: »
    QUARTER FINAL WEEKEND ON THE HURLING FRONT

Senior Hurling

Ferns saw off the veteran Rathnure team as they seek to make up for last years final defeat.

Great to see some discussion on the boards on Wexford GAA - Was at the double header in Belfield and went for a few pints afterwords where the discussion was on the younger players on each of the 4 teams team and the fact that Rathnure had 6 U21s starting - 5 of these won Div 2 Minor last year and the 6th was Jack Guiney.

Wexford players short listed for u21 team of year.

Goal Ollie O Leary
    Fullback line Liam Ryan
    Half Backs Shane O Gorman, and Andrew Kenny
    Mid Field Conor Devitt and Aidan Nolan
    Half Fwd Line Jack Guiney
    Full Fwd Line Conor Mac Donald

C Mac nominated for u21 hurler of year along with Clares Galvan and Kelly.

Colm Galvin is my pick for hurler of the year @ U21. He dragged them through agaonst Tipp and was a colossus every other day. Ryan, Kenny, Nolan and Guiney should join Conor Mac on that team.

That would be accurate selection for U21

Nolan did not have a great final but was excellent for Wexfords other matches

After last nights senior Football round 5 The main questions are answered

St Annes, Shels, Gusserane , St Martins .//. Castletown Horeswod, Sarsfields St Fintans, ARE quarter finalists
    Relagation final sees Adamstow V Kilanerin

With Fethard and Starlights finished for the year.

Crossabeg beat Monageer in the Junior football semi final and play Cushinstown in the Final

Glynn beat St Marys Rosslare and St Marys Maudlintown beat Geraldines of NewRoss in Inter Football Qtr finals

Ya the slobs. Castletown vs St Martins is definitely the pick of the quarter finals. Gusserane vs Horeswood is also a local derby so should be worth a look as is Sarsfields vs Shelmaliers. St Annes vs St Fintans is also a local enough event. My predictions are St Annes, Shels, Gusserane to make it through. The fourth one is the hardest to call. I think with the distraction of hurling gone the Martins might scrape through. I think Adamstown will also surprise a lot of people and relegate Kilanerin.

• Advertisement

The question is will Dathi Waters be fit to play for the Martins in the next Round ? That might decide if Martins will go through or not

What is Castletowns form like this year have not seen them yet

Could this be Shelmaliers year?

Speaking of Dathi I dont understand his call up to the senior Hurlers at all.

Inter county hurling is not just about the big ball winners but hurlers who can hurl at pace .

Reminds me of the Stephen Nolan's Call up two years ago.

Looks like only two of us are posting about the club scene on this forum ?

Anyone else with an opinion

My senior hurling perdiction went up in smoke last week,

Advertisement