Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hurling: Ireland's National Obsession | 60 MINUTES SPORTS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Looks like it should be a decent watch, some great footage in there!

Hope they also explain that expats in the US are forced to pay $20 if they want to watch the games at 11 am in a dismal Irish bar..

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Condenser

This aired last night. Anyone know where you could watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭otterj

Condenser wrote: »
    This aired last night. Anyone know where you could watch it?

Or download ! Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

otterj wrote: »
    Or download ! Anyone?
    its a paytv channel, but they do have stuff from a few days back so maybe give it a few more days and they'll make it public

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I watched it on Tuesday night here, it was good, about 20 minutes long. They made a big point about amateurism with both Shefflin and Cusack saying they wouldn't have it any other way and how the millions made on the big days are poured back into the small clubs around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Please keep us posted about the possibility of seeing it.
    I heard it's part of a series called "The greatest sports you never saw" or something like that. Anyone know what other sports are featured? I'm sure nobody's surprised that hurling made the list

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

As per feargale if anyone gets link please post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

FatherTed wrote: »
    I watched it on Tuesday night here, it was good, about 20 minutes long. They made a big point about amateurism with both Shefflin and Cusack saying they wouldn't have it any other way and how the millions made on the big days are poured back into the small clubs around the country.

Yeah right.

I doubt that if they were offered money to play inter county hurling they would turn it down.

Advertisement