Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Living in Clontarf at the moment and considering joining a football club.

I was never a great player and fitness is average enough. Just looking for a junior team with a few fellow culchies to kick a ball around with, top up the fitness and play a few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gane

I'm based on the southside of Cork city and would like to take up football again. My fitness is ok and I played a bit at school, but not since - so it's probably going to be a case of the lower the team's standard the better!

I'm guessing it may already be a bit late in the year at this point to be joining a team, but even if it was just a case of tagging along to training and working on my skills for the time being, I'd be happy with that.

Anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Just moved to Ashtown recently and considering joining a junior c ish football team. Recovering from a long term injury so would be a great excuse to lose the injury weight and have a few run arounds each week. Haven't played much for yearsl

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

Hi all

I'm looking to join a handball club in cork city area. New to the game but have been interested for a while now and need to get back active!!

Doors any body know if coughs in the cork city area that would be suitable for a compete noob?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EnricoB

hello there, I have played Gaelic football in the Rome Gaelic football club (now Lazio Football club) for two years, but I recently moved to Dublin and would like to play here as well.
    I live in the city centre, would love to join a club nearby.
    Enrico

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Hi,

My friend and I are looking to get back into hurling (and or football) at a modest junior level after a hiatus from minor level until the mid twenties, pretty casual to start, get up the fitness and see where we go from there. Were located in Dublin 3, so anywhere like Scoil Ui Chonaill or Clontarf would be ideal. I've played hurling and football from u12 to minor in tipperary and the friend has played the same in wicklow.

If anybody has any contacts they can put us onto that would be great.

Kind Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 13 exiled in the kingdom

Gane wrote: »
    I'm based on the southside of Cork city and would like to take up football again. My fitness is ok and I played a bit at school, but not since - so it's probably going to be a case of the lower the team's standard the better!

I'm guessing it may already be a bit late in the year at this point to be joining a team, but even if it was just a case of tagging along to training and working on my skills for the time being, I'd be happy with that.

Anyone have any suggestions / recommendations?

Lough Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Hi all,
    Looking to join a club in the south of Dublin area, living in Donnybrook. I'm 25 and haven't played football in nearly 10 years since school level so looking to get back playing at a very casual level and see how I get on from there.
    Thanks, Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels Dublin 12 recruiting for new players/members for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Club Name: St. Joseph's/O'Connell Boys
    Code: Hurling
    Level played: Junior
    Contact details: PM for details

Any other info:
    SJ/OCB is a Junior hurling club based in Dublin City Centre. We're ideally located for anyone living or working near town. Our clubhouse is on Seville Place (1km from Connolly) and we play our home games in Fairview Park. Good mix of Dubs and country boys like myself. We're looking for new players for 2016. Any level of ability welcome.

Pre-season training begins on Saturday 9th January at 10:30am in Fairview Park. It's just going to be a bit of fitness and some ball work. We'll be training once a week starting off just to work off all the Christmas turkey and stout :)

Come along and meet the crew and try out the training with no commitment. All welcome.

• Advertisement

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels Dublin 12 recruiting for new players/members for next year.

St James Gaels pre season starting Tuesday 7-15 in Iveagh Grounds for anyone looking to play Gaelic football

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Want to play football in south East Dublin?

Geraldine P. Morans are back next week and are always looking to add to our squad of local and country lads.

We are always competitive and in the end of season mix for honours. PM me with any inquiries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

Raheny Junior Hurling are always looking for new players. We are playing in AHL6 and AHL9 this year and would welcome with open arms any new players wh wish to join our ranks. PM me for any more info that you may need.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coventry Hurling

Our club is called Roger Casements GAA and we are located in Coventry, England

We play both Hurling and Football, and are always looking for new players.

If you are moving to the West Midlands or University, feel free to look us up. We have a vibrant social scene and cater for all levels of ability. We also have a Ladies Football team.

You can find us on facebook by searching for 'Roger Casements Coventry'.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

Our club is called Roger Casements GAA and we are located in Coventry, England

We play both Hurling and Football, and are always looking for new players.

If you are moving to the West Midlands or University, feel free to look us up. We have a vibrant social scene and cater for all levels of ability. We also have a Ladies Football team.

You can find us on facebook by searching for 'Roger Casements Coventry'.
    Would you happen to know transfer rules with uk clubs? Is it possible to play games legally with a club in the uk without completing a official transfer..I want to join a club in the uk but also want to play with my home club in ireland for championship!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

skybhoy121 wrote: »
    Would you happen to know transfer rules with uk clubs? Is it possible to play games legally with a club in the uk without completing a official transfer..I want to join a club in the uk but also want to play with my home club in ireland for championship!

Pretty sure that isn't possible - and if you end up playing with a club in the UK in official competition, you face a 48 week ban. There was a lad living in Leicester, travelling over and back to his home club in Kerry, played a sevens tournament not realising it was an official GAA tournament and got hit with the ban.

Has to be an official transfer, and even if you transferred over for a bit and back, if you played championship with the UK team, you couldn't play championship at home

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Pretty sure that isn't possible - and if you end up playing with a club in the UK in official competition, you face a 48 week ban. There was a lad living in Leicester, travelling over and back to his home club in Kerry, played a sevens tournament not realising it was an official GAA tournament and got hit with the ban.

Has to be an official transfer, and even if you transferred over for a bit and back, if you played championship with the UK team, you couldn't play championship at home

Yeah was going to say if the plan is to play over there then come home for championship you might be able to transfer and then transfer back as long as you don't play any championship over there and don't play at home again before the transfer back has come through. But you definitely don't get a pass because it's out foreign.

Could someone tell me what do they call that temporary transfer thing for people going to the states? Don't think it applies to the UK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

Yeah was going to say if the plan is to play over there then come home for championship you might be able to transfer and then transfer back as long as you don't play any championship over there and don't play at home again before the transfer back has come through. But you definitely don't get a pass because it's out foreign.

Could someone tell me what do they call that temporary transfer thing for people going to the states? Don't think it applies to the UK though.
    Thanks for the feedback! I do realise what your saying but I have heard of a rule that allows you play league and challenges game only in the uk and still makes you eligible for championship back in ireland but I'm finding it difficult to get info on and I'm wondering is it just hearsay

skybhoy121 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback! I do realise what your saying but I have heard of a rule that allows you play league and challenges game only in the uk and still makes you eligible for championship back in ireland but I'm finding it difficult to get info on and I'm wondering is it just hearsay

Sorry, best advice I can do that regard is to ring the club in the UK that you intend playing for, they'd be used to these situations and would know the rules back to front.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hardy_buck

Looking for a men's Junior Football club around Dublin Central (nothing too serious). Living around Grand canal dock area.
    Checked out Clanna Gael but they don't seem to have the numbers for a junior team. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Hardy Buck, St. Joseph's/O'Connell Boys might suit you. Junior club based just across the river from you on Seville place, Dublin 1 (just behind the convention centre). We play our matches just up the road in Fairview park.

We're a very small club so always looking for new players for both hurling and football. If you're interested send me a pm because I don't think I can post a mobile number here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 helwal73

Hi all, we are a camogie club in county limerick that has been through some rough times in recent years. Numbers have fallen dramatically but things are starting to look up. If you know any girls that are interested in playing camogie and looking for a club to join, we would love to have them.

Thanking You

helwal73

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Xopher

Hey I'm looking for a football or hurling team in the Wexford area that is looking for a returning player. It's been a while since I last played and now I'm 20 years old and wanting to come back to the sport. Looking for a team not too serious and willing to help me get back into with some basics and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looking for a football team in Galway City, don't want any serious commitment, it's what drove me away from the game in the first place, so just looking for a 2nd or 3rd team I can have the craic with.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sound cheers, never heard of that site

I have realised in the meantime that my attitude looks absolutely piss poor there, which wouldn't get me too many offers :pac: I'm just grumpy I'm not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zipzorp

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a team to join near my area in Ballsbridge, the only thing is i am doing a part time diploma and am not free monday and wednesdays! i was going to join clanna gael fontenoy but they train on these exact days - any info appreciated! message me here thank you:)

Club Name: none yet
    Code (hurling/football/handball): football
    Level played: i've played senior teams abroad
    Contact details:
    Any other info:

zipzorp wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a team to join near my area in Ballsbridge, the only thing is i am doing a part time diploma and am not free monday and wednesdays! i was going to join clanna gael fontenoy but they train on these exact days - any info appreciated! message me here thank you:)

Club Name: none yet
    Code (hurling/football/handball): football
    Level played: i've played senior teams abroad
    Contact details:
    Any other info:

Ranelagh Gaels is nearby you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Any hurling clubs in East Meath/Louth needing a hand with training over the winter?

St James Gaels have 2 teams and always looking for new players. We are located in Iveagh Ground on Crumlin Rd. 10/15 drive from city centre Our Junior A plays in Division 7 and Junior B is Division 11. We will be starting back pre season training in January.

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Paulyobrien

Anybody from in or around the Dublin 10 area looking to play Gaa , or even train with our team can contact pauly on 0862189173

Advertisement