Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

WOOOOOO there goes the weight input on on holiday I'm down 6lbs this wk stuck to my pts and drank water can't wait for this wk am hoping fir another good wk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Layla0509 wrote: »
    WOOOOOO there goes the weight input on on
    holiday I'm down 6lbs this wk stuck to my pts and drank water can't wait for this wk am hoping fir another good wk

Well done Layla, that's fantastic. Go u!

@lainy...if it was me, I'd be going fir something much warmer than maxi dress or linen trousers. I only have the window open a crack but every so often the curtain blows like mad and I can hear some metal thing banging against the flag pole outside the house which in my mind tells me it's cold outside. But I'm always cold!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

flamelily wrote: »
    hehehe thats mad......I have yet to upgrade my phone to something that allows apps, do you have the WW app??? I have heard mixed reviews about it :confused:
    no rain here thankfully but the wind is mental and I somehow don't think flying will earn me any extra points :rolleyes:

I have the ww android app....freaking amazing...you can point food, point exact portions, track your weight, and have a full database of foods to work from...so handy! cost like 2 euro! Really hand when be im trying to be discreet...just looks like i'm texting :)

like i'm going to a communion, casual event so wont be shot for texting or using phone, but means i can track as I'm eating/drinking without drawing attention to my self. I'm the worst for losing things...fecking lost my calculator few weeks ago...well didnt one of the gals here send me one in the post :O blew my mind away! I keep the calculator in the kitchen press now anf keep that just for kitchen pointing! and the phone for out and about pointing. :D

kildareash wrote: »
    Well done Layla, that's fantastic. Go u!

@lainy...if it was me, I'd be going fir something much warmer than maxi dress or linen trousers. I only have the window open a crack but every so often the curtain blows like mad and I can hear some metal thing banging against the flag pole outside the house which in my mind tells me it's cold outside. But I'm always cold!!!

yeah i think i'll be poshing up a pair of jeans! Go for the casual but nice look! Grrr this been one of my pet hates last few days....never having anything nice to wear! cant wait till i can go into pennies with 20 quid and come out with a whole outfit and even some change! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Monife wrote: »
    Yeah thats all the booklets you get. When you reach 5% and 10% (if you have not done already) you get a booklet for each of them and also another when you reach goal.

Thank you Monife, didn't get the 5% booklet!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    My little person woke me at 6am....but she has 4 legs and a tail....yeah looking kinda crappy for the day...got new phone few weeks ago...so i got a message from one the apps....notifying me there is rain 30km away moving towards me from the north....kinda insane what you can do with apps LOL

Well it's pouring down in Tralee now anyway lainy! Well done on the loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

My boots zipped up the whole way this morn...first time in a couple of years and they're comfy not pinching or anything :) done a little jig of happiness on the spot. haven't been exercising so think it must be just down to my reebok tone runners.
    Off to get my hair done now, my sis has her own salon so I'm hoping with the weather she will be quiet and I can get my colour done :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Hey Lainy good luck on your walk tomorrow. I'm sure all those hours on the treadmill has you well prepared! :)

Treating myself this morning (was too afraid to do it myself incase I balls'd it up) and getting my hair done am sick of the blonde highlights brunette locks welcome back!!!!!

Treating myself this morning (was too afraid to do it myself incase I balls'd it up) and getting my hair done am sick of the blonde highlights brunette locks welcome back!!!!!

I did that...i was like BLONDE at Christmas...now i'm Smokey brunette...the real me :D Brunette way easier to maintain too!

yeah i cant wait to get a pair of knee highs when i lose the weight!

• Advertisement

WOOOOOO there goes the weight input on on holiday I'm down 6lbs this wk stuck to my pts and drank water can't wait for this wk am hoping fir another good wk

6lbs is amazing...how????? whats your secret????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Ouch I am hurting head to toe from the weights yesterday, clearly not been using any of those muscles ever! Tried to walk and stretch it out this morning but think i need to just go back and do it over and over again til it doesn't hurt anymore.

Have a BBQ today but have saved a good 35 of my weeklies for it so along with the 15 I would usually have for dinner I should be ok. Lots of communions today, hope the weather stays dry for all the lil ones.

lil kc wrote: »
    Ouch I am hurting head to toe from the weights yesterday, clearly not been using any of those muscles ever! Tried to walk and stretch it out this morning but think i need to just go back and do it over and over again til it doesn't hurt anymore.

Have a BBQ today but have saved a good 35 of my weeklies for it so along with the 15 I would usually have for dinner I should be ok. Lots of communions today, hope the weather stays dry for all the lil ones.

a few days you'll get used to it. just make sure to take today OFF from the weights...muscles need to recover. at the very most just do some walking to kinda loosen things up. Hot steaming shower will help muscles relax too :)
    I was in AGONY Tuesday...cos only started back at the weights on monday...but by wednesday was grand again :)

I think I'll be having a bad hair day today with this wind....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    peeps, 7 people that had indicated that they might be joining the 'league that isnt really a league' thingy(aka the WW motovational tool) havent returned with weights yet .... remember midnight tonight ;)

did you get mine?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Caros wrote: »
    Thank you Monife, didn't get the 5% booklet!

Did you lose your 5% before the Pro Points plan came here? I lost my 5% on the old plan so didn't get the new book but I got the 10% book :)

Yeah is bit of a sh**ty day but at least it aint raining, yet. Going to have a smoothie and banana and then head out and attempt my pre-mapped 7k walk. Wish me luck, it looks LOOOOONG!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I got the 5% book but never got a 10% one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emskelly

So I have been completely AWOL the last week, went away and have been sick since, well for bout 3 weeks now but was real bad this week. Unfortunately it didn't affect my appetite but did stop me exercising. So had a week of feeling sorry for myself and eating everything under the sun but I have finally caught up with this thread (so much going ons!) and I am now ready to get my WW hat back on! I got blood tests done in the doc this week, still waiting on the results but she said one of the causes of my dizzyness etc could be that I'm actually drinking too much fluids?! Something to do with sodium levels? (I think!) Anyone ever heard of that??! I don't think I'm drinking any more than what were supposed to on WW!
    Anyway, sorry GT for not pming my weight, I didn't go to WI, definitely have to get back into it now!! Actually looking forward to eating healthy now!

Monife wrote: »
    Did you lose your 5% before the Pro Points plan came here? I lost my 5% on the old plan so didn't get the new book but I got the 10% book :)
    !

Nah, just got the 5% loss last week, I'll ask the leader next week for it anyway.

I was at the dentist this morning for a filling, can't eat so I'm having an Options outrageous orange chocolate drink now, it's fab! Never had one of these before but I'm converted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

did you get mine?:)

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

Hey guys, i see the points for chinese are quite low, but i just realised that they are probably for a portion. Can anyone tell me how many points wouldbe in a half a carton yoy know the plastic tubs, of maybe a chicken satay? Or in a full foil tray of a prawn chow mein or singapore noodle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

yeah i think i'll be poshing up a pair of jeans! Go for the casual but nice look! Grrr this been one of my pet hates last few days....never having anything nice to wear! cant wait till i can go into pennies with 20 quid and come out with a whole outfit and even some change! haha!

Hold that thought and let that motivate you, it's great :P. Lashing rain here since early, but a little warmer than last few days. Heading out for some nice pub grub later and a big glass of red. Everyone have a great Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ive had a few late entries to the ;motivational tool' as this is week0 and it wont affect %s if more though they missed the boat ... I can take more peeps weights as long as you are giving me you're weight for last week, between Sat 14/05 and Fri 20/05.

These are the people that are in:

Eircom_Sucks
    Jackie307133
    Lady Laine
    westerngirl
    GT_TDI_150
    Monife
    Caros
    aspie mum
    newbee22
    misslt
    tattoo86
    2Fat
    Lizlemon
    Baby75
    boxoff
    Starlight1
    Dee01
    Tmeos
    irishfm
    fofany
    jackmax
    BabyBlueJeans
    ShindyB
    Corasam
    Mother Teresa

PM me if you should be on the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh a nice new thread, can't believe how quickly this thread moves.

Good to read of all the losses, well done to all keep it up.

FINALLY due to get my gold card this week :D, i know I got to goal over 2 months ago but have only been able to go to meetings every 2nd week due to working hours, so for members maintaining to get their gold card it takes 4 weeks but for me it has taken 8 weeks :mad:

Continuing with maintenance so my weight hasn't moved from 10st, I must be doing something right :p Have had a hectic few weeks and due to have more over the next few weeks so hoping to maintain and then working on my own goal from then on but really happy with how I feel & even look at the moment which I can't believe I'm saying.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've been on a complete energy buzz so far this weekend :D Have earned 18 activity pp between today and yesterday between a Double Step Class and a 50min run this morning (in the rain :().
    Have been good foodwise too, made a lovely big chicken stirfry for dinner last night, then I made passata sauce to have with my homemade pizza tonight! I have the dough in the hotpress now proving and I have Lainy's muffins in the oven :)
    Happy Weekend Everyone! :D:D:D:D
    I have the ww android app....freaking amazing...you can point food, point exact portions, track your weight, and have a full database of foods to work from...so handy! cost like 2 euro!

Which app is that one Lainy? Is it the iWatchr? I have that one but I'm not mad on it, it follows the US plan of eating activity pp before weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Its an awful day here. I am sitting in the front room in front of the fire to keep myself out of the kitchen, which is full of food. OH was in a cooking mood & made wheaten bread, scones, loads of shortbread. Kids are eating homemade burgers & chips in there & I am staying away so I can't pick. We are going to a confirmation tomorrow & party afterwards so will bring all the homemade goodies with us for everyone to eat - have to get them out of the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Out of interest what is in the 5% and 10% books?

As most of ye know I'm doing the @ home plan and they send you everything together at the beginning supposedly all the books, the eating out guide, the shopping guide, 12 trackers and the electronic calculator.

But I never got a 5 or 10% book and didn't get anything re maintanance either :( am i missing anything important maybe if i'd bothered sending my WI's to Kay every week they'd have eventually sent them on?? :confused:

Great losses Lainy and Layla well done.

Hope to see ye all over in 'our other place'? :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Which app is that one Lainy? Is it the iWatchr? I have that one but I'm not mad on it, it follows the US plan of eating activity pp before weeklies.

The one I have is WWPoints Diary. Its really good cos it has the US Points Plus UK Pro Points and the UK old points. I find it really handy..

Back from communion...i had slivers of everything....just so it looked like I was eating something, it was a very small gathering...they'd tried to put on the best spread they could...times are big tough for them,

had a BBQ burger, Chicken Brest and sliver of Home made cheese cake. Not the healthiest of foods...but I kept the portions small...I had breakfast at 8, we didnt have lunch till about 2...I'll have my dinner later on and hopefully sort me out, prob still over my dailies but feck it...sometimes you just have to go on common sense and make the best choice you can food wise and not think about about the "points". I didnt drink, i had two glasses of diet coke....and you know what...cos i havent drank any water today yet....i feel like CRAP! life sucked out of me....that and the cat waking me at 6am didnt help...

Right....off to portion out puppy food for next week! Puppy food is fecking expensive! So going to make sure I make the bag last! Get him eating the correct amount from day one...then he wont always be looking for food....I portion my own food...so might as well portion his food. Plus i dont want double feedings!

This pup is like my baby! haha! Nothing but the best!

6lbs is amazing...how????? whats your secret????

No secret Lainy I'm convinced it was just bloatedness and water retention from all the travelling (don't think with all the walkin in Vegas I put weight on was only really having 2 meals a day breakie & dinner with a few snacks on the go) but since I got home ;Tuesday morning) I've just eaten 3 meals a day stuck to my pp and drank water

I did that...i was like BLONDE at Christmas...now i'm Smokey brunette...the real me :D Brunette way easier to maintain too!

yeah i cant wait to get a pair of knee highs when i lose the weight!

I am in love with my hair the girl did a fantastic job it feels so healthy now and shiny which is what I missed most about my brunette locks I've a hint of red thrown in to liven it up a lil but I'm delighted hubby even said it looks fantastic much nicer than the blonde so I'm on cloud 9 6lbs down and having a good hair day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hi folks, am new to this whole thread thing, just stumbled across it by accident, but have really enjoyed reading the posts, its great to have somewhere to go for support and advice. Lost 3st 5 pounds on ww, but packed it in as i couldnt get the hang of new pp system(was too lazy and stubborn to change!!) Am about 5 pounds away from my goal weight, and stuck here, so ive decided to give it another go! heading back to meeting on tues :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement